• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] z Buzzz SS

I would go with the Discraft ESP Meteor.

This thing is great for those turnover drives and if you hyzerflip it the disc will go straight into a slow anhyzer.This thing has some great glide too.

The Comet I wouldn't recommend for this spot.It's more of a straight line disc,similar to what your Buzzz SS already does.I would suggest you to get one anyways.When my drives are feeling kind of off,I'll throw my comet for fixing release issues.This disc is great for that.

i guess what i'd be looking for mostly is something that feels like z/champ plastic....when thrown flat has definite turn and little to no fade....and when thrown anny doesnt come back just anny's fairly hard i guess....usually the buzz does the anny part ok, but as soon as i start powering down on it it wants to fade back and thats not what im looking for....

Need more spin. :thmbup:
(Think slow curve.)

z comets are stable down to around 173g, x and esp comets are dead straight at 175+ and get less and less stable as the weight goes down.

z comets are stable down to around 173g, x and esp comets are dead straight at 175+ and get less and less stable as the weight goes down.

My 170 X Comet is still dead straight out to 300', and it's far from new. If they are less stable for you, it's not the disc. They aren't understable at that weight. They're just more intolerant of form issues. That's why lighter weights are the best for cleaning up form.

All the discs mentioned are really good and worth trying out.
With that in mind I have had success without any of those discs. I have found I can use my axis for this role very well. It is easy to throw hyzer flat and anhyzer. My main course is very wooded on RHBH shots that must curve back to the right.....the axis works extremely well. Plus it kinda reminds me of a Buzzz SS.

Got an old PFN Z Buzzz SS in a trade (had never thrown one and it's been a while since I touched a Buzzz, I cycle flat top Rocs) and took it out for a spin today. Shocked at how much power it handled and still flew dead straight. I was looking at the rim and notice it was tooled "Buzzz" only, no SS. Is this actually a Buzzz? Or an early SS before they tooled the SS? Or do they tool "Buzzz SS" at all?

Got an old PFN Z Buzzz SS in a trade (had never thrown one and it's been a while since I touched a Buzzz, I cycle flat top Rocs) and took it out for a spin today. Shocked at how much power it handled and still flew dead straight. I was looking at the rim and notice it was tooled "Buzzz" only, no SS. Is this actually a Buzzz? Or an early SS before they tooled the SS? Or do they tool "Buzzz SS" at all?

There is definitely some subtle differences with PFN and/or skinny tooled. But distinguishing between a Buzzz and a Buzzz SS is pretty simple. A Buzzz has a concave curve on the bottom half of it's wing. A Buzzz SS instead has a flat angle on the bottom half of it's wing.

Buzzzes are sensitive to plastic/weight/wear just like faster discs. The flat-winged SS isn't that drastic of a difference. (And by that I mean that a slightly newer/heavier Buzzz SS can easily be more stable than an older/lighter Buzzz.)