• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Z comet vs X comet

The Z comet is going to keep its original flight pattern for a much longer time than the X comet will. The X beats in way faster and I would say that it has more glide than the Z. I carry one of each!

Sounds exactly like what i need, Z that is. The X is money, but it beat in real quick and got a tad too flippy for me.

I have a pile of Z comets, and one X comet that I loved at first but stopped throwing after the first day cos I hit a few trees. Hard. :oops:

My only Comet is an X and nearly two years old......................flippy as hell but holding strong.

Why is this not on the Comet Love thread? How are we going to keep that thing going if we start other Comet threads?

I have not figured out the X. My TP's are very consistent. If I screw up the throw I know what I did. The X's sometimes are very close to the TP, that is less stable and longer than the Z's. However, the X's are touchy little discs. I get the OAT wobble from them a lot more often than the TP's. Either I screw up my throws with the X's more or they are demanding, unforgiving bitches. When they takes off like it is supposed to, they are very similar to TP's.

TP Comets will start out more HSS than *most* X Comets (there are exceptions, in fact Frank D has a newish, fairly stable X Comet). Once the TP beats a little it is comparable to X.

BarrabusTheDiscGolfGnome said:
TP Comets will start out more HSS than *most* X Comets
:? I guess I might know that if I had thrown a new TP in the last 8 years. God I love old beat plastic.

Latest posts