• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Z Nebula vs Glo Buzzz

Haha I may just have to do that if I can't find something to suit my needs.

I had a hornet I used when I was trying different mids. I enjoyed it a little bit, I had a max weight z hornet that after it beat in, it was a straight shooter :/ Not what I want out of a overstable disc. I will be using a metal flake gator for this slot soon enough :D

Yeah its a Z. Tracking says it will be here on the 28th--Check back then or possibly a day after and I can give an in depth comparison for you. I havent really accurately measured how far I'm throwing my mids, but im guessing in the 290-315' range RHBH.

I'd also like to note that when I said my wasps were getting flippy, they were still overstable, just not quite enough for what I was looking for. They flew more like a worn eagle (more turn and fade) whereas I was looking for more teebird like flight (my hornets do this well: thrown hard and flat there will be little turn with solid fade). Obviously slower than those discs, but they are a good representation of the lines they were shaping.

meh..opto pain is ok but doesnt go as far as a buzzz. i was using max weight glow buzzzs for a long time as a more overstable compliment to my other buzzzs. it worked fine but they beat in quick. ive tried damn near everything and atm,im throwing old sanny qsentinels. very similar to the buzzz flight and still fades out late. i throw it into strong winds all the time and it just sails straight and penetrates the wind with ease. they dont feel the same but they fly the same.

i m getting some z nebulas here today so ill be testing them against the qsents and next to my buzzzs to see how they fly or if theyre going to be too overstable. i already have a gator so i dont need a mid thats going to dump off quicj,it needs to go straight a good bit of its flight and still fade out at the end like the buzzz does in a calm wind.

meh..opto pain is ok but doesnt go as far as a buzzz. i was using max weight glow buzzzs for a long time as a more overstable compliment to my other buzzzs. it worked fine but they beat in quick. ive tried damn near everything and atm,im throwing old sanny qsentinels. very similar to the buzzz flight and still fades out late. i throw it into strong winds all the time and it just sails straight and penetrates the wind with ease. they dont feel the same but they fly the same.

i m getting some z nebulas here today so ill be testing them against the qsents and next to my buzzzs to see how they fly or if theyre going to be too overstable. i already have a gator so i dont need a mid thats going to dump off quicj,it needs to go straight a good bit of its flight and still fade out at the end like the buzzz does in a calm wind.

Aren't those Q Sentinels pretty rare/expensive? I'd like to stay away from the pricey stuff if at all possible.

I'll be getting a Hornet in a trade pretty soon, so I'll most likely be using that for a while. I'd still like to hear how the Z Nebulas perform, though.

not expensive but i guess hard to find or get people to sell/trade. a hornet feels nearly identical to a qsent . prob the closest thing to it thats readily available

Just another thing for the Hornet. The one in my FSOT thread is an Ace Race on but only scaled at 157g. I throw around 425ft on flat ground and I cannot flip this hornet over when throwing it.

BTW it's cheap! :D

I had a hornet I used when I was trying different mids. I enjoyed it a little bit, I had a max weight z hornet that after it beat in, it was a straight shooter :/ Not what I want out of a overstable disc. I will be using a metal flake gator for this slot soon enough :D

You just described EVERY overstable disc! They all get straighter eventually. I've got a Hornet that's about a year old. Does it still fade like a new one? No. Does it still have healthy, predictable fade? Yes. Still fight a decent headwind? Yes.
I think Hornets are underated, I've only seen one other person besides me that had one. But if you want to go another route, I've heard the Sparkle Quantum Sentinals are like mini Banshees

Just another thing for the Hornet. The one in my FSOT thread is an Ace Race on but only scaled at 157g. I throw around 425ft on flat ground and I cannot flip this hornet over when throwing it.

BTW it's cheap! :D

Those are ESP, though, right? I'd like to stick with Z plastic if at all possible.

Opto Pain. Just throwing that out there... ;)
BroD? Have you reconsidered your wandering?

Nope, I'm still throwing Opto Pains also. I've gone to an all-Scandinavian mid line-up of Pain, Warship, and Fuse. Pain isn't a bad OS Buzzz complement but it feels a lot beefier and flies more Roc-like IMO.

I haven't thrown Z Nebs but lots of ESP AR Nebs so I can only guess that they'd fly a lot like a domey, heavy AR Neb, maybe with worse glide? Still, the Nebula is the closest thing to a Buzzz that doesn't become flippy that there is IMO.

The Zone is a good OS Buzzz complement too, but it's decidedly shorter and meathookier. A beat to snot one should do a bang up job though and they feel very similar to a Buzzz.

Hornet is IMO the odd man out, especially in terms of feeling like a Buzzz. It's beadless but it's noticeably different, shallower feeling. I'm not crazy about how they fly but my sample size is really limited so you can disregard that.

If you want something just a tick more overstable a good, flat C-MD2 is a nice Buzzz complement too. It has a microbead but it's hardly noticeable.

just got my z nebs in today ..it only took the mailman 3 times to drop my mail off lol

anywho,these feel good. i called adam at dd prior to ordering,he said they had a high shoulder and flattened out on the plate. these came exactly as described and iccant wait to throw them.

20121224_140456.jpg

20121224_140555.jpg

flat buzzz on left and z neb on right

20121224_140919.jpg

just got my z nebs in today ..it only took the mailman 3 times to drop my mail off lol

anywho,these feel good. i called adam at dd prior to ordering,he said they had a high shoulder and flattened out on the plate. these came exactly as described and iccant wait to throw them.

Those look sweet! I'm looking forward to what you have to say about them. I played today, and my X Buzzz is turning more than ever, so I think it's definitely time to get an overstable mid.

Hmm. I hate to triple-post, but I suppose since it's my thread...

I went to 2 different Play it Again Sports and a Johnny Mac's (in St. Louis for the holidays with my family) today, and I didn't really find anything at all interesting. There were no Drones or Zones to be found, much less a Nebula, and the Hornets I found were all around 150 grams and domey. The rim on it felt nice, though, and I think it will suit me, provided the disc flies as expected.

I really think my preferences are as follows (excluding the Hornet since I know I'm already getting one):

1. Z Nebula
2. Glo Buzzz
3. Zone
4. Drone

Damn auto correcting phone...Booter. not bower.
The zone and drone are really beefy though. If you're looking for an over stable mid, but not a meat hook, I'd avoid the drone. The zone might be okay. I replaced my Pain with my Jokeri...So, Hornet for Zone is a possibility

Last edited:
You just described EVERY overstable disc! They all get straighter eventually. I've got a Hornet that's about a year old. Does it still fade like a new one? No. Does it still have healthy, predictable fade? Yes. Still fight a decent headwind? Yes.
I think Hornets are underated, I've only seen one other person besides me that had one. But if you want to go another route, I've heard the Sparkle Quantum Sentinals are like mini Banshees

I want my overstable disc to be overstable, hornet is still pretty new and it's a straight thrower. I'm not a fan lol.