• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] All things DGA thread.

I'd really doubt it was a DGA disc. Uli is the captain of the Discraft team...I doubt his contract allows him to use anything but Discraft discs. As another poster commented, it may have been a special stamp or dye job that "fooled" your eyes.

Discraft and Dga pros are allowed to use a limited number of each other's discs. I believe Dickerson said he could have 2 DGA molds. He had the Hypercane in his bag this weekend, Hammes had the Breaker.... Haily King used to throw a Breaker... Marwede(dga) I believe has a Zone....ect

Before the Raptor came out, I believe PMcB was throwing a DGA Bonsai for a minute. Paige has a DGA Quake in her backup box.
So I wouldn't be surprised if Uli had a DGA disc in his bag. Just don't think it would be a Cat signature disc.

Before the Raptor came out, I believe PMcB was throwing a DGA Bonsai for a minute. Paige has a DGA Quake in her backup box.
So I wouldn't be surprised if Uli had a DGA disc in his bag. Just don't think it would be a Cat signature disc.

It was a Tsunami, which is a very underrated disc. McBeth based the Anax off of it

Turns out to be a brainfart on my part.

It's a throwback Discraft stamp (the one where the vertical leg of a capital "D" is a basket, and the loop of the "D" is formed by a disc headed toward the chains).

I just checked my stash in the garage, and I have a 20+ year old MRV with that stamp.

Sorry for the distraction DGA friends; please resume your revelries over the LVC results.

After trying to work with several different proto Vortex (vorticies?) I have come to the conclusion that it's too understable for my liking. All 3 of the ones I've thrown are all in the 'flippy river' range of stability. I love hyzer flips but once this disc starts moving right it just seems to really dive over. Almost certainly a great roller disc, but for hyzer flips and turning air shots, I really prefer the Maverick

So I picked up a First Run Pro Line Vortex.

I'm not sure there is any reason to choose it over any other comparable disc, but I like it.

For the longest time, I've cycled DX Teebirds, but I find myself frequently reluctant to throw them in the woods. So I hoped the Vortex could replace my seasoned Teebird in the bag. It starts out a little less stable, which is good. It also goes about 5-8% longer than the Teeb. For me, of course.

Anyone throw the 2022 tour series Pipelines? How do they fly based off numbers?

I've found from my experience they are on the flipper side. However, my experience is limited to SP and I haven't thrown a stock proline before.

I picked up a Cat Rift and finally threw it a bit this weekend. It's a fantastic disc. I could see it easily being a main midrange for my game. It fits right between the aftershock and squall. Glide-y and straight without being flippy, even in the wind from last weekend.

I found the Vortex to be a great roller or huge anny disc. My wife rips on it though.

New Pipelines are a little less stable than older SP runs that I have...New Quake is money as well. DGA making some awesome discs lately.

After experimenting again with the Harp (used it as my primary approach disc several years back) I have realized it's too overstable for what I want so I'm back with the breaker. My forehand has cleaned up so much since I last used the harp that I don't have to depend on the added overstability it provides. I found it to be a quake that was lacking 30' so not really different enough to justify a slot in my bag. I always liked the plastic though, so that's kind of a bummer

Been loving the Tempest! The most recent runs have decent stability and really rip with a tailwind!

The rift has earned a permanent slot in my bag. It's really in the sweet spot for what I love throwing. It's a tick more HSS and faster than a comet, but the flight is pretty similar. Hyzer flip ups for days, very controllable on anhyzer. Much longer than it seems it should be. Really brilliant disc, bridges the gap perfectly between my comets and fairways (maverick and undertaker) and I'm finding myself throwing comets a bit less, since I don't have to push them so hard for distance

I'm looking forward to the 2024 tour series discs once they drop. Especially the Pipelines and Quakes.

My friend is a huge DGA nut. He got me hooked on Breakers, which are now some of my all-time favorite putters, and has been telling me all about the new tour series plastic. It sounds pretty sweet, ngl, heard it might be kinda like a slightly softer Ti?

a new swirly PL would be awesome, similar to the old shastashocks.

been throwing a pathfinder for a bit, but not certain that it's actually better than the aftershock. pretty similar, but the aftershock seems like what a beat pathfinder should be?