• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Avery Jenkins Star TeeBird (Tour Series)

I have an old 175 star teebird that I got from a friend who told me he had it for several years. it's not a red first run star but it has a larger stamp than star teebirds. It is flat, slick, rigid star and has a slightly differently cooled nose than newer stars. Kind of a fatter, more blocky nose. I have used it for 2 years as one of my main drivers and it is still overstable. I felt my buddies two AJ stars and they are very similar to this one I have.

I'll just stick with this one...

DSCN3969.jpg

;)

Anyone breaking these in? I hate the recent runs of Birds that are so overstable. I have/ had some Star TeeBirds from three years ago that become perfect when seasoned, but they were never meathooks to start with. The one I have left has two aces on it and I have become timid throwing it out of fear of losing it. Because of this I have been throwing more Echo Stars recently, hoping to get into the sweet spot quicker, but I also fear that they will not stay there as long as normal Stars.

I have two of the AJ TeeBirds but I have thrown neither because I am in the heart of my tournament season and I do not want to be surprised by a sudden hook and fade when I need a laser-straight finish. Thankfully my Champ Leopards have been downright nasty perfect.

All of my teebirds are still quite stable, it might be safe to say the AJs are a bit more stable to overstable.. But none of my teebirds have been broken in that much yet.

For what it's worth I can only throw about 415 with my destroyers at a max.. So yeah that might be why they still seem quite stable to me.

IMO:

"Overstable Teebirds" = HSS fade, LSS reliable/smooth fade

"Stable Teebirds" = HSS straight, LSS reliable/smooth fade

"Understable Teebirds" = HSS drifty, LSS reliable/smooth fade

I would call these Stable.

Back from the dead.
So. How are these breaking in? Looking for something to put in the os-slot of my teebird lineup and I could get a handful of these. Not a fan of champion, that's why I'm asking. Thanks.

Though I haven't thrown a Brinster, I would say these are the same thing in different plastics. Brinster mentions that Innova tweaked the teebird mold for his birds. Logically they probably ran one batch of each to begin with.

Are these more or less stable than the brinster/totem teebirds? How stable are normal star teebirds?

My Totem is more OS than my AJ. Normal Star TBs can be all over the map from meathook to slightly flippy in the wind. In my experience, the flatter the dome, the more OS.

My Totem is more OS than my AJ. Normal Star TBs can be all over the map from meathook to slightly flippy in the wind. In my experience, the flatter the dome, the more OS.

I disagree. Dome = OS. Flat flips, dome holds. It's also relative to stiffness though, softer discs tend to be straighter, stiffer is more OS.

Brinsters' BeeBirds are domey champion so they're beefy with HSS fade

AJ's are HSS straight with good fade

I disagree. Dome = OS. Flat flips, dome holds. It's also relative to stiffness though, softer discs tend to be straighter, stiffer is more OS.

Brinsters' BeeBirds are domey champion so they're beefy with HSS fade

AJ's are HSS straight with good fade

With Teebirds it seems flatter ones are more O/S , same with Firebirds. With Destroyers for example more dome = more beef.