• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Crave, FAIRWAY DRIVER?!

YES!!! And a DX teebird is a great thing. I am so impressed at the lines this thing will hold. It sort of snuck in under the radar with the inertia release, but this should be a great disc for a lot of people's bags.

Its truly what a lot of people likely thought the volt WOULD be. much like the switch is what people thought the amp was going to be.

I could give a crap less about what the flight guides say. Not trying to be rude but looking at it with a real sense. When I throw the flick I know its a overstable disc but as for the avenger well its far from that.

Then all I can say is we have very different throwing styles. Other than my Spirit, my Avenger is the most overstable disc I have. Of the 30+ molds I own, I am heavy on the over stable side.

Except the Crave(more stable) and the JOKERi(less stable), I have found, for my arm(or disc perhaps) the inFlight guide has matched up pretty well with how I throw.

I bought two melons for two reasons
#1 in case I loved them ( I do) and needed a backup
#2 in case they were just alright but limited release to resell
I figured there was no way to lose

Then all I can say is we have very different throwing styles. Other than my Spirit, my Avenger is the most overstable disc I have. Of the 30+ molds I own, I am heavy on the over stable side.

Except the Crave(more stable) and the JOKERi(less stable), I have found, for my arm(or disc perhaps) the inFlight guide has matched up pretty well with how I throw.

Don't get me wrong its not a understable disc but would you say a nuke is OS?

Don't get me wrong its not a understable disc but would you say a nuke is OS?

Only slightly, not near as much as the Avenger. Less so then my Crave....but like I said, my arm tends to match the chart. Perhaps with the Crave, the shape of the disc is causing me not to get full amount of snap???? I don't know.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing! imagine a disc between the Volt and Amp :D

They will describe it as a beat in Volt.. perfect
well until its named properly lets call it the 'drool' kind of fits with envy/crave and I will be drooling when I throw it haha

maybe salivate ? lol

All of these comparisons to other MVP plastics. Can someone tell me how it fits in a standard bag with no other MVP discs? If you had Teebirds and Eagles would you add a crave to your bag? What shots will it cover. Thanks!

Guys, guys... I only have two Avengers. Both are Z plastic, both are 175g. One flies like a Valkyrie with some high speed turn and a bit of fade. The other flies like a C-PD with no high speed turn and a good amount of fade. The flippy one is actually newer than the stable one.

Continue.

Guys, guys... I only have two Avengers. Both are Z plastic, both are 175g. One flies like a Valkyrie with some high speed turn and a bit of fade. The other flies like a C-PD with no high speed turn and a good amount of fade. The flippy one is actually newer than the stable one.

Continue.

So true. Good avengers RULE. A decent amount of avenger have some flip.

I currently bag a teebird, firebird & apache for my fairway duties. I like to keep the discs per slot to a minimum but I am always intrigued by new MVP molds. The resistor is a great disc. This crave could really be a nice addition to my fairway setup for more gradual turning shots.

All of these comparisons to other MVP plastics. Can someone tell me how it fits in a standard bag with no other MVP discs? If you had Teebirds and Eagles would you add a crave to your bag? What shots will it cover. Thanks!

My present fairway lineup is kind of muddled: Resistor, Saint Pro, Stag, River, Underworld. Stag-River-Underworld is where the logjam is: Stag is a great S curve disc that is just easier for me to shape lines with than even a Gold Line Saint Pro, but it has too much fade when powered down to work for some wooded environments. The River has the opposite problem: too much turn at my ~350' power to be reliable in tight spaces. I've spent a lot of time honing hyzer flips with it so that I can get by, but I've been longing for something with more HSS but the same minimal fade and easy distance.

It's too early to be certain, but I think the Crave is just what I'm looking for. It's got the HSS to be reliably straight in tight spaces, but it can also shape mild S curves. I think it'll be a perfect complement to the Saint Pro, in that it can do more-turn-and-less-fade lines while the Saint Pro is built to do the opposite. I'm pretty sure by next month my fairway lineup will be Resistor, Saint Pro, Crave, and either the River or the Underworld (probably Underworld, because it rocks for absurd understable and the occasional roller).

So, it's a great FD-type stable fairway. Reminds me like the Tangent in fairway form, or sort of like a significantly less finicky, slightly more HSS Comet in fairway form, if that makes sense.

Not unless you wanted to replace them really. Lots of overlap already with the different tb's/eagles you can get from beat DX to OS JL runs etc..

I was just giving an example for people to discuss where it would go in there.

My fairways:
11x KCP Teebird (stable)
12x Teebird+ (beefy)
S-Line FD (flippy)

Does the Crave have a spot in my bag?

I was just giving an example for people to discuss where it would go in there.

My fairways:
11x KCP Teebird (stable)
12x Teebird+ (beefy)
S-Line FD (flippy)

Does the Crave have a spot in my bag?

Probably not, unless your S-line FD is really flippy and you're feeling a gap between that and the KCP Teebird. It would likely want to occupy that KCP slot. It would sit well next to the beefy 12x.

That's what I was thinking. There is a gap between the 11x and the FD, but I will probably just throw in a new FD instead. Thanks for the help.

Played a few rounds with the Crave in the bag on Saturday and was really impressed. This thing can really take power, but will still power down nicely without gaining a huge amount of fade. The flight is amazingly consistent, while at the same time really shapeable. You can put a lot into it on a hyzer release and trust that it'll sit up flat, or lessen the release angle a bit to get a range of tight S curves. I had few sweet birdies thanks to the Craves subtle turn and mild fade. I feel like I've got a lot left to learn about this thing, but am in love with what I've seen so far.

Anyone thrown a 150 class? I'd be curious to hear how they compare to the heavier weights.

I really love my 175 Watermelon. I'm going to be all over a few Protons once they come out.

Was thinking about putting together a quick video of the protons... I like it a lot as well. sold a few 150 sparkles but didn't throw them b/c the white rims I just couldn't get myself to scuff or dirty it up and didn't want one as a thrower.

Yeah I'm just curious to see if a 150 class has a bit more easy turn than my 166 Neutron. I can see that coming in handy, at least until I wear a heavier one in. My disc budget is a bit tight right now as I've got a big trip planned at the end of the month (Selah!), so it might be a bit until I can try one out unless I can sell some discs on the Marketplace.

Just the little bit extra HSS of my Watermelon is perfect for me. The weight (175) might also have something to do with it. I have a 173 Neutron on the way, so that'll give me a sense of whether it's the plastic, the weight, or both that accounts for the bit of difference between my 166 Neutron and my Watermelon.

something tells me it might be easier to throw per say or have "more glide" but really doubt just b/c of design that the different weights will be much different flying from max to lightest.

Latest posts