• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Best Wraith Plastic?

They are the best until they aren't. Which can be quickly. It's a high speed driver so it hits trees at high speeds. Then you just have a taco. The good news is that you can basically buy 2 dx discs for every 1 premium plastic.

Oh so thats why they call them high speed discs. Thanks for the information!

I have star gstar champ and ecostar wraiths. In my bag. All do a little something different. I would def say the gstar would be your best bet. Look for one a little softer then the others if you buy locally. It will beat in a little faster for you. If I had to talk straight out of the box stability it would be. DX-gstar-pro-ecostar-champ-star. Been finding myself throwing a ecostar more and more.

Is this (still?) accurate for Wraith stability? Specifically gstar more flippy than pro? I also realize pro plastic has changed. Which plastic go boom?

A beati-n star wraith is my go to. A champion for more wind. I recently picked up a blizzard champ in 137g in hopes to pick up more distance when there is no wind in play. In theory does that work?

I had a Blizzard Wraith that was super beef, not sure if mine was normal or not. Out of the box distance will always go to flat Pro and DX IMO

Flat pro's are the money. Finding them is like the lotto. Tried dabbling in DX a couple years ago but it was domey garbage. I wish I had a local shop near me or I'd bag these...

Is this (still?) accurate for Wraith stability? Specifically gstar more flippy than pro? I also realize pro plastic has changed. Which plastic go boom?

My Pro Wraith is more flippy than my GStar. Also goes quite a bit farther and I like the feel of the Pro plastic better.

A beati-n star wraith is my go to. A champion for more wind. I recently picked up a blizzard champ in 137g in hopes to pick up more distance when there is no wind in play. In theory does that work?

Not in my experience. When you go that light, it's a completely different disc that has to be released on a completely different angle to get the same flight out of it. I have a Star 147g and that thing could be a roller. Thrown with a 45 degree hyzer on forehand and it flips up and turns forever though.

The Innova factory store had a sale on EchoStar wraiths and I figured wth. I haven't thrown wraiths in over 5 years and this thing is sweet, def my favorite for flexy stand-up FH.

The Innova factory store had a sale on EchoStar wraiths and I figured wth. I haven't thrown wraiths in over 5 years and this thing is sweet, def my favorite for flexy stand-up FH.

Another great plastic. Mine is domey, but so glidey. can't wait to beat some stability off of it.

Anyone who likes Wraiths and hasn't tried the Garrett Gurthie halo version is missing out. They're great. Nice, grippy plastic, and perfect flight characteristics.

I actually just took a fresh F2 halo star wraith out to some field work (along with a spread of other star/gstar weights/wears).

That fresh F2 halo star was plenty stable compared to the others (not surprising in the least). I went ahead and beat it on some trees/chains etc (but not enough yet to make an impact in its flight). It still flew like a somewhat longer teebird (which is definitely useful, just not a max distance shape).

I think Wraiths follow the classic plastic pattern. Star Wraiths are the bomber blend if you're ripping them close to 60mph. GStar Wraiths are a bit flipper than star on average (and could plausibly be ~max distance down to 55mph if you go down to ~170g weights). Champion Wraiths are generally utility discs, but the feel and stability of the halo star would have me always wanting to use them instead of champion plastic.

There's still disc-to-disc variation in PLH and dome. I have one beat-to-crap GStar with a super high PLH. I picked it up out of a used bin. I'm sure somewhere there's someone super disappointed that their replacement GStar Wraith is flipping all over the place on them.

i lost my seasoned gstarr wraith today

course was flooded and i knew water was high behind basket and i rarely hit the line cuz its super wooded so i figured it would get kicked down

ace ran it and saw water splash

Anyone who likes Wraiths and hasn't tried the Garrett Gurthie halo version is missing out. They're great. Nice, grippy plastic, and perfect flight characteristics.

Are you talking about this year's? I have a couple older ones and they are really overstable

Gurthie halo Wraith

Are you talking about this year's? I have a couple older ones and they are really overstable

Last year's. Thrown a couple of them, and thought they were both fantastic. They definitely aren't hyzer flip discs, but will stretch out pretty well on flat or anny lines.

I recently got 2 "Innvision" Star Wraiths, both 173g

They are the beefiest Wraith's I've ever thrown. Immediate dump out of the hand. Has anyone else had this experience with that run? I'm really disappointed, tbh.

I had to go get a different stock Star Wraith at the same weight and it's perfect. There's something about the Innvision, i believe

Latest posts