• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard Wraith/Destroyer

i have another 133 (bought a pair) i didn't throw, I'll have to compare them.

one thing i noticed right away with the 133 is the dome is different; its popped up in the center, but kind of flattens as it gets to the rim. the 148 has a more uniform dome.

Oh my 158g Blizzard Destroyer is pretty amazing. It has a little more HSS than my 175g Newish Champion D and has normal fade. I am wanting it to break in a little to throw more like my stars but it's too pretty to do so haha. (purple with gold stamp) It can reach the same distance as my stars but I know when it looses some HSS it will B-O-M-B!

IME, blizzard Wraiths under 140g are REAL squirrely and flippy. I would say a 150ish one would be a good replacement to your Pro Wraith. However, I'm not a big fan of the "bubble" discs, because you typically have to change up your form to throw them correctly, which can affect your game negatively. If Pro Wraiths flew good for you, why not just buy a couple more? They are cheap and readily available. I used to throw one for big turnovers. I also loved the Pro Destroyer for max D, I still believe it's the longest driver out there...

i recommend 150 and up for all blizzard plastic
destroyer is most true to what you would expect from a star plastic
my 136 destroyer i could hyzer flip but my 150 i just get turn.
tee devils flip, wraiths flip, boss was surprisingly very flippy even at max weight
my 146 ape i would get alot of turn out of, for something that should not turn, it flew like a eagle x
i can only imagine a katana considering my the ape.

I can't throw quite as far as you, but i do average over 400 with my nukes and can reach 400 with my trak. Like someone else said, don't get one too light. I would probably say try to not go any lower than upper 140's to low 150's as any lighter will just turn and burn. One other thing I noticed with blizzard discs is that you really need to see them in person to have any idea what you're getting. quite a few of them are pop topped and VERY stable. If you get one that is relatively flat to having a small dome, it should probably work for you.

Would the lightness of these discs compensate for lack of a big arm?

How would a 145 Blizzard Wraith fly for someone who normally throws drivers <300 feet?

How would a 145 Blizzard Wraith fly for someone who normally throws drivers <300 feet?

There is a good chance that it will become your new permanent distance driver and will gain you 30 ft. or more over your previous max distance discs.

You will need to practice with it for a while to understand how to throw it (you don't want to muscle them), but once you get the hang of it you will see its usefullness.

I would say that if you max out in the 270 range, a Blizzard Wraith/Destroyer/Boss/Katana will be the disc to put you over 300. Lots of variation in stability among them though, so it is tough to say which one you should get.

There is a good chance that it will become your new permanent distance driver and will gain you 30 ft. or more over your previous max distance discs.

You will need to practice with it for a while to understand how to throw it (you don't want to muscle them), but once you get the hang of it you will see its usefullness.

I would say that if you max out in the 270 range, a Blizzard Wraith/Destroyer/Boss/Katana will be the disc to put you over 300. Lots of variation in stability among them though, so it is tough to say which one you should get.

Hmm, that's the answer I was hoping for. :clap:

i think its most important to know what drivers you are throwing 300 to decide but, i think it would be safe to just get the 150g.

i think its most important to know what drivers you are throwing 300 to decide but, i think it would be safe to just get the 150g.

For someone who doesn't throw anything over 300 ft., I think he will be safe at pretty much any weight. It is tough to make a specific recommendation, simply because there is so much variation among the Blizzard discs.

If money isn't an issue, I would recommend getting all 4 of the ones I named in various weights anywhere in the 130's and 140's.

If you have to pick just one, I would recommend a 140 Wraith or Katana if your legitimate distance is 250 or less, and I would recommend a 140-150 Boss or Destroyer if your legitimate distance is nearly at 300.

I love my 134 Destroyer. I am a max 300 ft guy but this thing adds 30-40 ft.

If you look at blizzard discs from a physics standpoint, lets say you can impart x newtons of force on a disc. If you take a disc with ~10% less mass, by exerting the same amount if force you will get ~10% more acceleration on the disc which translates into a higher release velocity and increased distance. There are others factors that will come into play when throwing blizzards as opposed to regular weight discs, though. Due to the smaller mass, they will be harmed more by OAT and wind factors than a regular disc. If you're not careful with blizzard, it may hurt your form and overall game. So try not to focus on bombing them and throw nice and smooth and you should see an increase in distance.

When I have seen people try to crush blizzards is when I have witnessed some of the most pathetic throws with them.

Last edited:
I accidently threw my 139 blizzard boss in the drink at Portage Lakes DGC on # 14 today, and sure enough it was floating. And it will stay in my bag because of it. now I just wish Innova would make a floater that turns over like a blizzard Roadrunner or blizzard Sidewinder.

Have you forgotten about the Dragon and Wahoo? The Dragon turns way over, and the Wahoo is just slightly less understable. Both discs you gotta throw on an extreme hyzer or they'll turn into the ground.

I throw 175 Champ Bosses and 157 Blizz Bosses on course. (150 Blizz for max D in a field)

My Champ flight path is virtually straight, and then fade to the left.
My Blizz path is a slight turn to the right and then fades back left. So it is a slight S curve. I throw both low to the ground. I use less power on the blizz to acheive same distance, but only in no/low wind. With full powerthrows, there is a good 15-20% distance increase. BUT, with the blizz, if i have ANY OAT, it flips like crazy, whereas the champ doesn't. If i release with ANY anny on the blizz, it turns quite hard right, and might come back. (i can use this for turning the corner right though.) If I release hyzer it stays hyzer. I must release just flat for the perfect, controllable flight path.

I have found the best use of Blizz, compared to Champ is:
1) Tail wind max distance drives
2) Tight throws with TONS of distance but low ceiling
3) Max distance "Stand and deliver" throws
4) Max distance right turn with predictable slow fade

I would "assume" this to be true with any other disc compared to the champ version as well. I haven't thrown any others to compare blizz vs champ though.

I've thrown a heavy DX Wraith, and actually got surprising distance - I'm looking at getting a 146-52 Blizzard Wraith just for fun.

What about the Krait? Any lovers out there?

Got a 148 Wraith - as advertised - added 30 some feet with nice easy throws. Almost felt like cheating :)

Someone asked about the Blizzard Krait vs Wraith...I have both, each are 150g, neither in the bag however. In my experience, the Krait is straighter, definitely less stable, and has a later but more abrupt fade than the Wraith. The Krait is easier to throw straight if that's what you want. The Wraith is more reliable IMO, especially into a moderate headwind.

Sorry for the newb question bump, but there are a lot of blizzard threads and I am not seeing what I wanted to know...

With Blizzard Wraiths, are the domey ones more overstable, or the flatter ones?