• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard Wraith/Destroyer

If you look at blizzard discs from a physics standpoint, lets say you can impart x newtons of force on a disc. If you take a disc with ~10% less mass, by exerting the same amount if force you will get ~10% more acceleration on the disc which translates into a higher release velocity and increased distance. There are others factors that will come into play when throwing blizzards as opposed to regular weight discs, though. Due to the smaller mass, they will be harmed more by OAT and wind factors than a regular disc. If you're not careful with blizzard, it may hurt your form and overall game. So try not to focus on bombing them and throw nice and smooth and you should see an increase in distance.

When I have seen people try to crush blizzards is when I have witnessed some of the most pathetic throws with them.

Will it slow down faster?

The opposite, won't slow as fast. I just can't get used to all the weight missing from the rim on Blizzard discs. Don't like the feel in hand and also how it feels when you release it. FWIW

Sorry for the newb question bump, but there are a lot of blizzard threads and I am not seeing what I wanted to know...

With Blizzard Wraiths, are the domey ones more overstable, or the flatter ones?

I haven't seen a blizzard disc yet that doesn't have a huge dome, so I don't know. PLH is the only way I would be able to distinguish stability.

Still loving the Wraith - as advertised. put me over 300.

Still loving the Wraith - as advertised. put me over 300.
I saw you posting on the Diamond thread. Discovering the Diamond made me reconsider Blizzard plastic to put me over 300 as well. How are you throwing it?...flat?..slight anny for a flex shot? What flight path is it taking for you? I really don't want to have to flex to gain distance, as I'm worried that'll start messing up my form.

I'm really torn here. I've had Blizzards before (Boss, Teedevil, Katana) and none of them did anything more for me than my Valk and Roadrunner. The Boss and Katana flew too overstable while the Teedevil flew too understable. I felt inconsistent with all of them. Maybe a Blizzard Wraith around your weight (148g) would be the perfect marriage of speed and stabilty for me.

find the heaviest blizzard wraith you can, the ones with bubbles in the flight plate will be more durable and have less imperfections.

I saw you posting on the Diamond thread. Discovering the Diamond made me reconsider Blizzard plastic to put me over 300 as well. How are you throwing it?...flat?..slight anny for a flex shot? What flight path is it taking for you? I really don't want to have to flex to gain distance, as I'm worried that'll start messing up my form.

I'm really torn here. I've had Blizzards before (Boss, Teedevil, Katana) and none of them did anything more for me than my Valk and Roadrunner. The Boss and Katana flew too overstable while the Teedevil flew too understable. I felt inconsistent with all of them. Maybe a Blizzard Wraith around your weight (148g) would be the perfect marriage of speed and stabilty for me.

When I hit it right, it is pretty flat, about 10-12 feet off the ground. It'll fly pretty straight and than fade a little at the end, not as much as a Valk would.
I find the Wraith a pretty neutral flyer, even at that light weight.

I've released a couple that almost turned over, fought through it, and then faded into pretty nice but unintentional flex shots. My longest have been grip-lock that really snap out of my hand, but fly about 40 feet left of where I'm aiming, but also over 300'.

I haven't really learned the disc as well as the Diamond, because most the courses I play generally lack the need for 300 feet drives apart from the odd hole or two.

I really like my 137g Blizzard Wraith. I got one when they came out, with bubbles in the flight plate. Don't be afraid of the lighter weights, and they float! I can turn & burn it with bad form, but if I concentrate on a fast but smooth release, it is stable enough to fade back at the end of a nice rip. Really fun disc.

I've got a 150 blizzard destroyer and it is super stable, even more than my max weight pro ones. It does have more glide than my pro ones however. I know people that also have 150 blizzard destroyers and they're pretty flippy so it might be a crap shoot as to which one you get.

I just got a Blizz Destroyer from a friend, slightly beat, probably 7-8/10, not sure on the weight but it's definitely below 140. It's not as flippy as I would've expected. At 90-95% power, thrown on a very slight hyzer angle, it will stand-up and turn over just a bit...and it carries forever...didn't measure but I may have gotten one of my longest bombs ever w/ it...400'+. I was happy. :)

Latest posts