• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

Came home to two Z Raptors sitting on my porch. Took them to the course to compare to the Predators I bag; the verdict so far is meh. Maybe I was hoping for something magical but I can backhand are forehand my Preds with much more consistency than the Raptors. Maybe I just need to spend the time to get to know the disc better but as of now I'm a little doubtful that it's worth the effort.

What kinda weight/plastic/beat-in Preds are you throwing? How's the stability compare?

i just peeped discrafts page i cant believe how many new stamps and molds they are pumping out

discraft was sleepin all these years and now is making up for lost time

What kinda weight/plastic/beat-in Preds are you throwing? How's the stability compare?
I bag a 172g Big Z that's been in the bag for ~1.5 years and a fresh 174g Z. I've been throwing Predators for a while now so I'm fairly comfortable with them.

The Raptors were flying slightly more overstable but I have a feeling I was having some nose angle issues with them and the more shallow rim.

I bag a 172g Big Z that's been in the bag for ~1.5 years and a fresh 174g Z. I've been throwing Predators for a while now so I'm fairly comfortable with them.

The Raptors were flying slightly more overstable but I have a feeling I was having some nose angle issues with them and the more shallow rim.

That is interesting. Most experiences I have heard are that they are a bit less overstable than the pred.

That is interesting. Most experiences I have heard are that they are a bit less overstable than the pred.
In all fairness I didn't get many flat throws with them backhand, I was throwing them on a slight hyzer line.

They were flying more overstable for me forehand but my forehand sucks and it was probably a nose angle issue.

I will say this about the raptor:
The wing feels incredibly comfortable on a forehand, and in general it feels smooth and pleasant. That said, in my hands it feels almost uncomfortably shallow with a backhand power grip. Like it feels like it could slip and cause early release issues for me.

Could be the combination of shallow depth and a relatively narrow wing width, but the way my fingers curl around it just can't seem to get a good grip. I've never quite felt this... uncertain about my grip on a disc before.

I've been throwing the Pred since 2007, which feels a lot deeper and more suited to my backhand grip. I don't foresee myself changing over to the Raptor, based on hand feel alone, if I'm being completely honest. But I'll give it a chance this season during casual rounds.

I'll offer up a counterpoint and say that I find it more comfortable than the Tsunami that I have carried for several years. My beef with the Tsu is that I never clicked with the grip/feel for FH. If the Raptor is as good BH and better FH, then I will switch. First impression, based on about 3 throws as it got dark yesterday, were favorable. Mine are not as flat as the Test Flights, but far from domey.

what kind of soap do you use

C.O. Bigelow hair/body wash, the company started as an apothecary almost 200 years ago. I've been using it for years, got a shave/soap gift set for my birthday or Christmas when I was in middle school/early high school IIRC. I match the wash with their cheap yet delicious (so women say) colognes. I have a couple expensive colognes/other washes I basically never use because, well, monies.

Elixir Blue

Elixir Black Pepper

Managed to find this unused Crush (172g) on eBay. This mold needs to get back in production. I've got three now to get me through the next 2-3 years.

Attachments

• 15539713669418678560659458830962.jpg
    15539713669418678560659458830962.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I am hopefully getting 2 DGA Proline Titanic's 175 gram for a hot hot day reaplacement for my Jawbreaker Magnets. One will go into bag if I like it for that option of replacing the Magnet for hot days Jawbreaker plastic gets too sticky. My old pre 2006 Stiff Pro D will then come out if I like the Proline Titanic, as the old Stiff Pro D Mangent has just due to getting worn smooth gotten too slick to use even thought I have washed it with Dawn to remove the grease and dirt on the disc.

The discs came on Friday 3/29/2019 both being white and are a Magnet says so on the bottom inner rim. To me the Titanic is an L mold with the X being the original Magnet as it is lower due to a less blunt nose configuration. As I was wondering the Proline is like a tougher standard X plastic but not a full on modern ESP or the older runs including the flexible crap that ended up spawning FLX ESP for a few years but rather like the less durable ESP they made in mid 2010's that was almost a tougher X. Odd but the Proline version has a hashmark spot on the inner rim and seems that will help with putting

I did try to beat/break in as best I could outside on the sidewalk with a putt speed throw at the ground on the one Disc I kept white and will be the longer putter. The other Titanic or shorter putter I used a sharpie and rubbing alcohol on a paper towel. I took the paper towel and put rubbing alcohol on a part of it letting it soak in a tad. Then I took a Sharpie royal blue and scribbled a bit on the rubbing alcohol part and would use that on the disc until the ink was gone and repeated until whole disc was covered. Now I have a Titanic in a non uniform sky blue looks like I used modern watercolors to paint with and the other I left white.

I have tested them Saturday 3/30/2019 with a few throws outside and they fly like a Magnet just a tad slower, not surprising since a Titanic is a Magnet with a slightly taller edge due to a tad blunter nose. I will test them Sunday 3/31/2019 more as the weather should be nicer.

Sorry for the long post.

Has anyone else seen these Limited Edition Jawbreaker Rattlers? Two popped up on eBay and I snagged one. It just has a graffiti stamp and no mention of Ledgestone or anything. I haven't seen them anywhere else. It is a 145–150g so I thought, if nothing else, it would make a nice catch disc for warm-up. I haven't thrown a Rattler since the 90s. I have used a 175 Z Putt'r for touchy approaches since they came out but, who knows, sometimes good things happen when you see an old friend.
5c24079168bcd1bdc4ddc160f5d5c6a9.jpg

Has anyone else seen these Limited Edition Jawbreaker Rattlers? Two popped up on eBay and I snagged one. It just has a graffiti stamp and no mention of Ledgestone or anything. I haven't seen them anywhere else. It is a 145–150g so I thought, if nothing else, it would make a nice catch disc for warm-up. I haven't thrown a Rattler since the 90s. I have used a 175 Z Putt'r for touchy approaches since they came out but, who knows, sometimes good things happen when you see an old friend.
5c24079168bcd1bdc4ddc160f5d5c6a9.jpg

I had no idea these were ever made... Been asking anyone and everyone if Discraft ever made a rattler in something besides pro d... Super jealous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some great looking bottom stamped Tour Series discs are on the way. Anyone see these online yet? I'm not switching to the Raptor so I didn't pick up any of Uli's, but can't pass up an SS in the plastic I throw:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Zone Earhart Tour 1.JPG
    Zone Earhart Tour 1.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 253
  • Zone Earhart Tour.JPG
    Zone Earhart Tour.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 77
  • BuzzzSS Barham Tour.JPG
    BuzzzSS Barham Tour.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 75
Those retro swirls look unreal. Would love a zone in one. They should also do a batch of MJ comets with the swirls!

PS: sunking has CT jawbreaker focuses in stock now.

I really wish McBeth would grow an evil twisty mustache like Wario & call himself Sleazy McBeazy. No reason, just something I'd like to see.

Carry on.....

I decided not to wait, and pulled the trigger on a pair. I'm hoping Saturday, they're in my hands.

I posted it in the Surge thread already but they're higher PLH than the four Zs I currently own, which are all higher PLH than my ESPs. Probably gonna be pretty beefy until they break in. We shall see:popcorn:

Latest posts