• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DD branded shoes

This sounds awesome. I feel like it would be so light. Would be great for casual rounds. It would also be nice to keep in the back of the car to hold some backups, or use as a loaner whenever a newbie joins

as far as the shoes go, I found out about this a month or so ago as well and my first question was will it have a vibram sole, and unfortunately the answer was NO. That being said, I am close with the DD guys and support them in what they do so I will likely buy a pair of the DG shoes just to try out and go from there on if they replace my current affinity for merrells with a vibram sole.

as far as the shoes go, I found out about this a month or so ago as well and my first question was will it have a vibram sole, and unfortunately the answer was NO. That being said, I am close with the DD guys and support them in what they do so I will likely buy a pair of the DG shoes just to try out and go from there on if they replace my current affinity for merrells with a vibram sole.

Perhaps they're working with Saloman. I think their Contra-grip (or whatever it's called) is as good, if not better than Vibram. After six months with my Speedcross3s, they're still tacky on concrete. None of my Vibram soled shoes are.

I just hope they actually have some arch support. For whatever reason all these hippie brands like Keen and Teva all make flat footed footwear. Do hippies all have flat feet?

Ive destroyed every pair of shoes with Vibram soles Ive had... Im in no way a big person nor do I drag my feet.

This sounds awesome. I feel like it would be so light. Would be great for casual rounds. It would also be nice to keep in the back of the car to hold some backups, or use as a loaner whenever a newbie joins

It's a very light bag. I played around some with the one that didn't have the changes made to it. The one that had the different layout was in use by an employee testing it. I just want something for summer rounds that will hold enough water and enough discs but doesn't require the heft of my grip bag. This one should fill that role perfectly. Twelve to fifteen is pretty modest also. If you carry a lot of mids and putters it will still easily fit 12 I think. I could see getting four putters in each section. For me I could probably get 3-4 Distance drivers and one specialty disc in the first side section. 5 fairways in the middle which seems to be the biggest but maybe that's an optical illusion, then 4-5 mids in the last side section. Then two putters in the front putter pocket. Next time I'm at the shop I'll stuff it with discs and make sure but I think that would work.

Last edited:
Ive destroyed every pair of shoes with Vibram soles Ive had... Im in no way a big person nor do I drag my feet.

This, and my Keens didn't last as long as the Merrell Moabs I had :eek:

I will say, though, my Chameleons are holding up pretty well :thmbup:

I like Vibram soles but they wear pretty heavy for me. I push and pivot off one toe area though so it's going to happen on concrete pads. Haven't tried Salomons but sounds like they are decent. They might even be making these. Not the one I was thinking but that's possibly a long shot. It's a brand that doesn't get mentioned often when you talk DG shoes. I like the Cushe x-sige I'm using currently. They do have Vibram soles but they have the nubby bottoms unlike merrell moabs. Much grippier on wet pads and not as slick.

Done playing the coy game. I'll speculate. Here's who I think is making them now that I saw the pics. I had originally thought it might be Cushe simply because of the Emac sponsorship but I don't think that is the case now. I think it's.......

Oboz-Sawtooth-Shoes.jpg

Keen, Columbia, and Salomon don't have vibram soles and those seem to hold up just fine for disc golf, at least going off of my own experiences (though I'm not a large person and I don't toe drag) The Columbia shoes that I have right now have very good soles on them, and they seem to be just as durable. Vibram soles are nice but I think there are just as good of materials out there.

Last edited:
Done playing the coy game. I'll speculate. Here's who I think is making them now that I saw the pics. I had originally thought it might be Cushe simply because of the Emac sponsorship but I don't think that is the case now. I think it's.......

Oboz-Sawtooth-Shoes.jpg

Oboz sucks.....terrible construction and the soles wear down ultra fast. They are a great hiking shoe, but any rotational force on them and they tear apart. the sole wore completely through in about 2 months for me....about as fast as Walmart shoes.

Well it's just a guess but we'll go ahead and put you down for the won't buy column if it's right. I've only had one pair of them before and I never used them for disc golf. They rotted after I used them horribly hard and got them wet many times. They were very light and comfortable though.

Oboz sucks.....terrible construction and the soles wear down ultra fast. They are a great hiking shoe, but any rotational force on them and they tear apart. the sole wore completely through in about 2 months for me....about as fast as Walmart shoes.

I have a different experience. I'm 6'3", 185lbs, and I've had my Oboz Firebrand Dry's for a good while and they're holding really well. I use them in wet, mud, snow, even blistering hot and dry and my shoes are great after more than 10 months of play (I believe, though I'm horrible with recalling time. They could be 2 months newer or older).

My soles are pretty grippy on every surface and are wearing like a set of retreads. So far, I'm impressed, and that's saying a lot considering that I'm a bit of a gear junkie and normally am not satisfied with anything but the top of the line.

I have a different experience. I'm 6'3", 185lbs, and I've had my Oboz Firebrand Dry's for a good while and they're holding really well. I use them in wet, mud, snow, even blistering hot and dry and my shoes are great after more than 10 months of play (I believe, though I'm horrible with recalling time. They could be 2 months newer or older).

My soles are pretty grippy on every surface and are wearing like a set of retreads. So far, I'm impressed, and that's saying a lot considering that I'm a bit of a gear junkie and normally am not satisfied with anything but the top of the line.

Are they waterproof and still cool in the summer? You're close enough to me our summers are about the same and I haven't found a waterproof or goretex shoe yet for disc golf that kept cool in the summer. Maybe I just need a really light color. I liked the pair I had I used them for hiking and fishing. I started to wear them in summer with no socks and after letting them get soaked in river and lake water over a year they finally started to rot and smell so I threw them out but they were really well made I thought.

I'm 6'2" and weigh about 220-230. I got a pair of the Sawtooths when I was in AZ cause all my shoes were waterproof and made my feet hot as heck. I did alot of hiking in them in Prescott and they were awesome, especially on the rocks and jumping too. So when I got back home from that trip I figured they'd be great for disc. I only played like 3-5 rounds a week back then (about 3 years ago). I ground through the sole and ripped the seems around the toe box and sole in about a month. All and all they lasted as a "serviceable" pair of shoes for 2 months. Really bummed me out cause they are made in the states and the plant a tree deal. Every once in awhile I see them in the store and see if anything has changed in construction and they haven't. But in all seriousness they were great as hiking shoes, crap for disc golf. If I had stayed with them as hiking shoes only, I am positive they would have lasted as long as Merrells and Keens.

Do you typically destroy shoes? And do you use them besides discin'?
It's always been rare for me to get longer than a year out of a pair of shoes (even before discovering disc golf). Merrells made in the USA were the first to go over a year consistently...now that they are is Asia it's like all the other brands...9 months and done...really should be 6. It's the only gear I can't get to last a ridiculously long time for me.

^ I'll back the Northface claim. I have two pairs of Northface's (Hedgehog GTX III) and they have held up quite well. :thmbup:

Oboz-Sawtooth-Shoes.jpg

if oboz are making them then i want a pair. i wear oboz already for DG. i would love some that are specifically for it.

Latest posts