• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Disc(s) ever bought

Wham-O starter set. Turnover Driver, Mid Range & Putter. Terrible discs, but not so terrible that they didn't hook me and I quickly bought some quality plastic. In fact I still have and use some of the discs form that 2nd purchase.

first disc i bought was a dx banshee. i used a loaner dx teebird of a buddy's and couldn't throw backhand to save my life so i asked him if it was legal to throw forehand. after that it was on, and i was hooked. next disc was a dx spider (years ago when they first came out). it was used as a mid and putter until i lost it in the snow. i'd been playing for a few months and then replaced with it a first run champ spider and a dx xd...after the snow melted i found the dx spider out on the course.

white Star Xcaliber: 172g. Wrote 'NATES FIRST DISC' on the underside, and then chunked it into a sewage river a month later. got this disc purely because of the name.

Yellow Aviar putter- no idea what happened to this disc, but i found i couldn't throw it for beans aside from putting back then.

Sorry I did type out a search for "first disc" but it seems the search here just brings back EVERY thread with the word favorite and disc in any post.

Also I didn't want to search to hard, because that search kitty looks pretty nasty. Didn't want to get bit.

The kitty only bites when you push NEW THREAD.
Type "First disc" in quotes...actually that brought up 10 pages of threads (500 threads). I guess I will keep the attack kitty in it's cage, even if you did my suggested search you still would have had trouble finding them.

I can't stand MC on plainfield, I don't know if it's just them (and I doubt it) but charging 20 bucks a single disc:thmbdown:, no matter what disc it is, is Out-F@#$ing-rageous.

At least the 3 pack you got 3 discs, for far less than they woulda charged, for 3 singles.

I couldn't agree more.. but thats where I Got them

195g Phenix in 1989 because the Innova placard by the disc display in the sporting goods store said that disc had been used to set the current World record of 625' by Sam Ferrans (it didn't say the Phenix he threw was around 167g). Shall we say a little too stable for a beginner? Next disc was a 169.5g Eclipse which I did learn to throw well including rollers.

Yeah, I threw my Phenix once! The Eclipse was an awesome early disc.

Attachments

• user6253_pic9976_1292462213_thumb.jpeg
    user6253_pic9976_1292462213_thumb.jpeg
    2.3 KB · Views: 74
167 green DX Valkerie

163 Rhyno

I gave them both away. I had no idea what I was doing when I bought them. I just went to the course for the first time and bought the Valkyrie (because Valkyrie's fly, and the Rhino cause some one said it was good) I bought middle weights cause I figured that would be the best. Not too heavy or too light. Now knowing what I do, holy crap did I choose poorly!!!

This guy is starting a lot of pretty good threads. Keep up the work. My first disc was given to me, a Champion Leopard. Ahhh, good times.

i just notice that they put in a course like 2 streets down from my house so i went to this little hole in the wall store in town and they had tonz of different discs and i had no idea how to choose em or what i wanted to look for when buyin a disk so i picked one that looked the straitest on the graph and of course they didnt have that one so i got the closest they had which was the shark and had no idea what else to get so the lady there recomended a valkyrie. so those are my first 2 disks a valkyrie and a shark what do you guys think of those choices and why? also can you reccomend some disks for me pls.

i havent gotten good enough at throwing them so i cant really tell the difference between the disks yet but i have only play one 9 hole course so i can only get better right...

First 3 disc I bought were in a 3 pack at Sports Authority in Lewisville TX.
DX Leopard, DX Shark, and DX Aviar. Used them to play Leornard L Woods and Lake Lewisville while on a road trip to see Iron Maiden in Dallas. Came home to my home course and went out to play, and my first drive with the leopard went out into the lake. Get over to hole #8 and the Aviar goes in the water as well. Because we are in a drought here in Southern KS, the lake is now dried up and I was able to recover the Shark and The Aviar. I haven't found the Leopard as of yet.

so those are my first 2 disks a valkyrie and a shark what do you guys think of those choices and why? also can you reccomend some disks for me pls.

i havent gotten good enough at throwing them so i cant really tell the difference between the disks yet but i have only play one 9 hole course so i can only get better right...

I honestly don know a THING about a shark, but i love my 169 g Champion Valkyrie, not just because the sweet dye, but because i can consistantly throw it farther than most of my other discs (plus last i checked it holds the world record in distance at over 800ft!)

champ monarch, dx wolf, dx aviar
only have the aviar left but its currently in my brothers possession he claims to play every now and then i've never seen it

175g Blue dx Eagle. First time I played with it was in a very wooded course, disc is beat to hell now. Still have it but havn't thrown it for a good year or two

I had to rush to grab discs before the guys I work with started playing without me so I didn't put much thought into it. I ended up with a yellow/orange champ Banshee and a lime green sonic. The sonic broke along the thumbtrac, just like the 2 others I replaced it with after :thmbdown:, but the banshee is still my go to disc for pretty much everything within 300ft., including some forehand approach shots.

172 dx shark
170 pro leopard
170 dx birdie

Still use the shark and the leopard. I use the birdie for throw and catch.

Latest posts