• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I killed a duck...

the second fairway at jones park in cedar rapids is covered with goose shyte and they hang out all over it. when you throw at them or buzz them, they fly into the water. i hate that course

I am surprised I am the first to say this (maybe I missed it) but just be happy that you killed it instantly instead of maiming it so bad that you had to finish it off. The only bird I ever shot with my BB gun when I was a kid fell out of the tree but was still alive and breathing very shallow, I had to finish him off and it sucked. I realized then that I am not into killing things (although if someone else kills it I am fine with eating it :))

Here is a win for the birds. I was playing Hornet's Nest #6 with some buddies and a flock of geese were in the fairway. Something startled them and they began flying toward us. The main flock veered over into the road but one was too late and the trees blocked him and he was coming straight for me about 6' off the ground. He tried to veer around me but I reached out and spanked him on the butt. I was laughing and started walking down the fairway when I noticed that something didn't smell quite right. I looked down and I had goose crap on my sleeve and hand and all over the front of my shirt. I got what I deserved and my buddies got a big laugh, as did I.

^^ haha, that's so nasty

luckily, i have yet to kill anything, however, i did recently give a squirrel and heart attack. disc hit about one inch away on a branch at full velocity

im sry to hear about this.... i was wondering though if your hitting the duck saved you from going in the water.... and on a side note... its hard to say it was going to go in the basket(arent they all if they didnt hit it)... but my friend had a awesome drive knocked down mid air from hitting a bird in flight... it was kinda cool to just watch them both drop... it was a pretty big bird and it hobbled around squaking for a sec.. then shook its head and flew away... the hole group just about died luaghing

I see that this thread is old and I'm not bothering to read it all, but what kind of duck was it? Did you get it and eat it, or give it to somebody who would?

Duck can be some fine eating! :D

And after reading today's new posts on this thread...

I'd hate to have my disc land close to a Canadian Goose's nest. Those things can be down right ferocious when defending their nests.

And after reading today's new posts on this thread...

I'd hate to have my disc land close to a Canadian Goose's nest. Those things can be down right ferocious when defending their nests.

That ain't nothin'. I was playing USF yesterday, and I went for a long putt on hole 4 which landed ~10' past the pin (the river is about 30' behind the pin). I was walking towards it when I saw a gator that was easily 10' long (no kidding) lying by the water several yards from my disc. I got my Wizard slowly, and it never moved, but I was pretty freaked out. The group behind me walked towards it and it dove into the water incredibly fast. I couldn't help thinking about what would've happened if it dove towards me that fast... :sick:

I am so bummed.

Slightly downhill and it honed in on one and killed it.

Dead.

Not a good memory, not one bit.

I always wondered if someone ever did whack a bird as they are always out there on the course, now I don't wonder.

Complete accident, I love birds and flying things.

So bummed.

May that Mallard rest in peace. :(

Hmm, I've hit a squirrel and peed on a snake while discin'.

I peed into the hole of an active ground hornet's nest. Beer was involved, and for the record, running and zipping up at the same time is as difficult as it is hilarious.

Wow, that's a bummer. At least it went out fast.

Last summer I was playing with a big group of friends...one of them has a dog that loves to chase every disc thrown, he just chills in the fairway waiting for one to fly by. Well sure enough my buddy (who can easily throw 450+) rips one straight at the dog and nails him in the rib cage. The dog went down instantly and was knocked out for several minutes....he woke up and was fine, but it still scared the crap out of everyone. The dog still chases discs to this day, lol.

...one of them has a dog that loves to chase every disc thrown, he just chills in the fairway waiting for one to fly by... The dog still chases discs to this day, lol...

Great. Big group with a dog that runs around chasing discs.:doh:

Not cool. Leave that dog at home or on a leash.

Great. Big group with a dog that runs around chasing discs.:doh:

Not cool. Leave that dog at home or on a leash.

I don't mind dogs as long as they are well behaved or on a leash. But as far as the big group....we do it big down here in Texas y'all.