• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Mayhem: 23mm Distance Driver

brutalbrutus

* Ace Member *
Remain Stable With Mayhem Everywhere

"The Mayhem is a new high-speed distance driver from Axiom Discs. Mayhem is the straight-stable disc of a three-model 23mm class to be released in 2017. Like the MVP 23mm class, the Mayhem has a pronounced dome to promote distance-covering glide.

Expert throwers will find the Mayhem ready to stand up and boom or drift over from flat, while average power throwers will be able to mash on it without fear of unmanageable turn. Mayhem is best compared to a beat MVP Octane and will debut in Neutron plastic. Stay tuned for details at AxiomDiscs on Facebook or at*Axiom Discs*on the web" - by Axiom Discs

axiom-mayhem-pdga-announce.jpg

Worn Octane sounds like a great disc. A Proton Octane now for me is pretty stable, but very workable. A Neutron Octane has solid turn while still hooking out in the end, so to get a beat Octane right away, especially when in Proton, that's gonna be a killer disc. excited about this one the most

Wow, this Mayhem was love at first throw for me. I threw a pair of max weight testers today. It was really windy out so I can't comment on how they fly in calm conditions, but in a mix of tailwinds and left to right crosswinds they flew a lot like a seasoned Star Destroyer for me. They had a little turn, a lot of glide, and a meaty fade. They were long and super precise. I was putting them within 10' of a basket I put about 500' out in a practice field. Also had some 550' throws with them on golf lines. I'll post a video tonight or tomorrow. I figured these would be a little flippier than they were flying in these winds. Curious to see what they're like in calm conditions now.

Are we talking speed 13 crave? And how much dome vs a proton Octane?

Are we talking speed 13 crave? And how much dome vs a proton Octane?

My only proton Octane is a metal flake one fwiw, and the dome is comparable. Maybe a little less dome than my neutrons. Speed 13 Crave doesn't seem too far off based on the windy throws I had with it today...keeping in mind a speed ~13 is inherently going to fade more than a speed ~7.

I kinda want one of these...

I'll have to shoot another video soon of more typical golf throws. These feel like they could end up being my distance work horse. They felt like they could shape a variety of lines and do it reliably.

The plastic is really nice too. Not quite as soft as some Axiom stuff like the Wrath / Insanity / Fireball / Virus class were when they launched, but it feels a touch softer and grippier than regular Neutron.

The plastic is really nice too. Not quite as soft as some Axiom stuff like the Wrath / Insanity / Fireball / Virus class were when they launched, but it feels a touch softer and grippier than regular Neutron.

Would this be like the Neutron when they where first experimenting with Plasma blend?

BTW, nice shots.

Last edited:
Would this be like the Neutron when they where first experimenting with Plasma blend?

BTW, nice shots.

Thanks!

Not quite that soft. I just compared that pink Mayhem to a seasoned Plasma Volt. It feels stiffer when I try to bend the disc in half or grip it in a power grip really hard, but is grippier new than the seasoned Plasma.

Not sure what they changed in the formula but this feels a bit different. Tackier.

Axiom N has always felt a little tackier than MVP N to me for some reason. Plus now a lot of them have that Plasma overmold. Nice stuff for sure.

Typical release by MVP. Flippy and crappy. When are we finally going to get the voltx3x?

Typical release by MVP. Flippy and crappy. When are we finally going to get the voltx3x?

Hopefully those new Vvolt3's with swirl stamps get a public release soon, they're killer. Maybe we can have MVP and Innova do a collaboration Nova? Is it the Novas 5 year anniversary yet?

Anyways, back to our regular crappy flippy plastic....

Hopefully those new Vvolt3's with swirl stamps get a public release soon, they're killer. Maybe we can have MVP and Innova do a collaboration Nova? Is it the Novas 5 year anniversary yet?

Anyways, back to our regular crappy flippy plastic....

Mayhem Magic! Those throws were unreal. Nice work

Had some more fun with the Mayhem today at Carolina Adventure World. Was just outside of my jump putt range on a par 5 after throwing a Mayhem off the tee, and I think I came away with one other eagle on a downhill Par 4. Really fun course, instantly went into my top 10.

Latest posts