• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Tenacity: 23mm Distance Driver

REVIVE? I decided to try out a Tenacity as I like the Mayhem a lot and lost my Tern - Hope its a good disc - the one I found looks sweet, White rim, White stamp, and a whitish with green hue core I think - I'll share once it gets here - I also ordered a Glow DDX so I'm going to test them out together - the loser may end up on the sell page ;)

REVIVE? I decided to try out a Tenacity as I like the Mayhem a lot and lost my Tern - Hope its a good disc - the one I found looks sweet, White rim, White stamp, and a whitish with green hue core I think - I'll share once it gets here - I also ordered a Glow DDX so I'm going to test them out together - the loser may end up on the sell page ;)

Good luck. Hated mine enough to give it away within 2 weeks.

Good luck. Hated mine enough to give it away within 2 weeks.

yuck - haha yeah I haven't heard much about it so I've passed it up a Lot - I really like the Tern and DDX so didn't really have a NEED to even try one but I was trying to get free shipping on an order online so I needed 1 more disc and id save like 8$ of shipping so I figured why not and I found one that looked sweet. What didn't you like? And have you used a Mayhem? and how do they compare? :hfive:

yuck - haha yeah I haven't heard much about it so I've passed it up a Lot - I really like the Tern and DDX so didn't really have a NEED to even try one but I was trying to get free shipping on an order online so I needed 1 more disc and id save like 8$ of shipping so I figured why not and I found one that looked sweet. What didn't you like? And have you used a Mayhem? and how do they compare? :hfive:

I could never figure out when it would turn. When it did, it was gone right forever. When i would try to hyzer flip it( am not good at that) it generally held the hyzer resulting in a double cross.

Mayhems are ok for me, but I really like Octane/Catalyst the best of the faster MVP/Axiom. I think that if I did not have so many discs, and if I really gave my two Mayhems a chance to break in properly, I would like them a lot more. Just so hard to not throw terns and Pharaohs right now. They go so well together.

I could never figure out when it would turn. When it did, it was gone right forever. When i would try to hyzer flip it( am not good at that) it generally held the hyzer resulting in a double cross.

Mayhems are ok for me, but I really like Octane/Catalyst the best of the faster MVP/Axiom. I think that if I did not have so many discs, and if I really gave my two Mayhems a chance to break in properly, I would like them a lot more. Just so hard to not throw terns and Pharaohs right now. They go so well together.

So I did get out yesterday but only for a little bit due to Daylight. It was a bit cold and windy but as I tested it --- it was more US than I expected, even for a 171g.

I was testing it against a new DDX I got for my MAx D US slot - The DDX was GLOW champ so I heard they are more S OS ---it was, WAY different than the Tenacity.... Tenacity was....flip over right away, but hyzerflipped nice and deep. I can see this disc being GREAT for slightly slower arm speed. There are US discs that work well for all players and some that are just meant for lower speeds, I feel the Tenacity is like that - kinda like a Diamond, Onyx, etc - discs that are US don't necessarily mean beginner friendly (always) and the tenacity is NO beginner disc but just worked well with lower power . If I used all my power NO AMOUNT OF HYZER WOULD SAVE IT

So not saying its a bad disc, but for me I am unsure about it. The disc IS sweet tho. I posted on the FBk page, but its White rim, White stamp with a light white-green core - pretty disc for sure. not sure if I'll be bagging it tho. :(

Tenacity

I've had a chance to throw a 173g Neutron Tenacity in the field a couple times this week.

I had never seen this mold before, so obviously its my first time throwing it. This disc has a wide rim and is quite domey. Domier than most other Axiom/MVP drivers.

I don't know why, but I don't really dig the hand feel on this disc. Maybe its the big dome, but it just doesn't sit properly.

The Tenacity for me was fast, glidey, and wild. Extremely unpredictable. Sometimes I'd hyzerflip it perfectly and get beautiful 450'+ S curves, and other times it would flip over HARD. This disc ended up being a real chore to throw. It reminds me a lot of a Relativity or Catalyst, but flippier. Once the Tenacity gets turned over too much, it doesn't come back... at all. No good late fade to bring it back. I figure I threw this disc well on less than 50% of my attempts. Some of my shots ended up over 400' away, but ACRES right of the intended target. Luckily I was in a wide open area so I didn't lose the disc.

Distance potential is absolutely there, though. The Tenacity penetrates really well and covers yardage as well as anything. The shots I threw well would routinely go in excess of 450'.

Glide is top notch. This is probably the best gliding Axiom/MVP driver I've tried to date.

I had the Tenacity side by side in the field today with a Proton Mayhem. The Mayhem was noticeably beefier and glided a little less than the Tenacity. Both went about the same distance, but the Mayhem was way less likely to turn and burn.

Overall, I can't highly recommend the Tenacity. Its a fun disc to bomb around with in the field, but on a course I'd have zero confidence throwing it. The Tenacity is too easy to flip over, and won't come back toward center once it does. This disc would work for guys who throw 350'-400'. Anything more than that it starts getting super erratic/flippy.

Tenacity: 13, 6, -4, 2
Mayhem: 13, 5, -2, 2

Tenacity is definitely floatier than the Mayhem, and flippier. The disc will soar for days, but you need a really fine touch to S curve it without turning it over entirely. For max distance hyzerflips I'd take the Mayhem all day over the Tenacity.

You said your Tenacity is domey. That's good.
The flat ones are really understable. The domey ones are so much better for people who throw further.

You said your Tenacity is domey. That's good.
The flat ones are really understable. The domey ones are so much better for people who throw further.

It was still pretty dang flippy despite being domey. Not completely unmanageable, but I had to release it on a pretty steep hyzer to keep it from flipping.

Big distance. The Tenacity was keeping up with everything else I had in the field today. It was just too dang wild though. Calm conditions too. I can't imagine throwing this disc into any sort of headwind.

It was still pretty dang flippy despite being domey...
You're right, it's still flippy. But the flatter ones are almost uselessly flippy at 450'+ and even harder to control.
Like you said, the distance potential is clearly there if you do everything just right.