• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Tenacity: 23mm Distance Driver

I literally DID buy one just b/c of that stamp. Red with a white rim. The stamp and the color scheme have a Japanese flair that I just couldn't resist. So I'll be trying out a Tenacity in the near future and my wallet is $23 lighter all thanks to Marmoset.

Lots of Tenacity throws in this video. I was surprised my roller on #16 worked out...I was convinced I didn't stand it up enough as soon as I saw it touching down. Still learning these molds.

I just ordered 2 of the special stamps. 1 for me and 1 for a friend. Probably too big of a rim for me, but is pretty enough to hang.

You might be surprised. For how wide their rim easy they are very easy to throw. I've let a few people try mine out and everyone has gotten good results.

One round in with it, and I tried to throw it as much as I could without square peg/round hole. For now, it's not in the bag for any round that means anything. It feels sufficiently different from all my other drivers to give me release problems. Sure, if I were in an open field with a stack of them trying to get the longest drive possible, this may be the one. It's long for me. OTOH, it requires a lot of space, and no wind into at all even for my old weak pull. This one is a good bit more US than the one Catalyst I had.

How does Tenacity compare to Vanish? Turn, fade, distance, etc.?

How does Tenacity compare to Vanish? Turn, fade, distance, etc.?

I typically throw around 325' but can reach 350' and I get decent turn out of the Tenacity and it can get out there for sure. The Vanish I definitely see the extra turn and fade out of. They actually both go about the same distance for me but the Tenacity is a tighter line. I bag both depending on conditions and what I need to shape.

Well, I am surprised how well this disc flys. First time I threw it, I made my personal best on hole 1 at the Rotary course in Morristown. It is harder to control than my K1 Grym, but the Grym has the feel of a fairway driver....with a Speed 12 wing.

I can say that the blue disc was firmer than the purple one. My buddy took the purple one due to my grip lock issues with soft discs. The purple one did seem to have a bit more glide...not much, just a touch. Both are 170.

Attachments

• IMG_20170628_205018345.jpg
    IMG_20170628_205018345.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 23
I picked up one of these last night. I throw the catalyst for long straight and slight turnover shots for reference and throw 400(maybe more based on this post). We were playing random dubs last night. I had not thrown the tenacity so I did not throw it for any in round shots. On hole 18 which is a 486 foot par 4 with lots of woods in the middle and a slight downhill shot and slight dogleg right I threw my trace for a placement shot to get a 3. The hole can be reached and I have been 50 feet or so before for a jump putt. I don't choose that line in round because you risk hitting an early tree. Anyway a guy threw a funsy after we all drove so I said let me throw one. Crushed the tenacity on a slight hyzer, turned over a bit, faded back, skipped maybe 40 feet and settled 5 feet from the pin. My friend goes, so I guess thats going to be in your bag for a while.

I have never thrown that far on that hole, that was my first throw with the disc which is crazy to me. For those interested the hole I am talking about is at 8:30 in this video, great course by the way https://www.topothehilldiscgolf.com/emotional .

Just from a few throws to compare the tenacity to the Catalyst I would say its less high speed stable but more low speed stable.

One round in with it, and I tried to throw it as much as I could without square peg/round hole. For now, it's not in the bag for any round that means anything. It feels sufficiently different from all my other drivers to give me release problems. Sure, if I were in an open field with a stack of them trying to get the longest drive possible, this may be the one. It's long for me. OTOH, it requires a lot of space, and no wind into at all even for my old weak pull. This one is a good bit more US than the one Catalyst I had.

Hmm, funny. I've thrown mine in all types of different wind including head wind and cross wind. With proper release angle and good form I had nary a problem. Archer, not arrow.

Hmm, funny. I've thrown mine in all types of different wind including head wind and cross wind. With proper release angle and good form I had nary a problem. Archer, not arrow.

No, it's really not. I mean you guys that throw 230 feet can have good head wind results. Watch TK's review and listen for the word: wind.

No, it's really not. I mean you guys that throw 230 feet can have good head wind results. Watch TK's review and listen for the word: wind.

Lmao. 230 feet. You're ****ing funny. I have 420 feet of flat land no wind power. I can occasionally get 450. Again, it's the archer, not the arrow.

Nathan K was ripping his Tenacity in headwinds and crosswinds in the Winthrop test video. I think it was hole 6 where I pulled out a Fireball and he still threw a Tenacity, to my surprise.

They won't do great a stiff headwind, but I agree that with some hyzer and backing off the power a bit they're still manageable in average breezes.

Nathan K was ripping his Tenacity in headwinds and crosswinds in the Winthrop test video. I think it was hole 6 where I pulled out a Fireball and he still threw a Tenacity, to my surprise.

They won't do great a stiff headwind, but I agree that with some hyzer and backing off the power a bit they're still manageable in average breezes.

So what would some one with good form expect?

Lmao. 230 feet. You're ****ing funny. I have 420 feet of flat land no wind power. I can occasionally get 450. Again, it's the archer, not the arrow.

LOL no. I'm not even sure you read my post. Not surprising after receiving those psycho PMs from you though and negative trader feedback on a disc you did NOT buy LOL. Do us both a favor and put me on ignore.

I don't hyzer flip well, so my max distance drives tend to be flat release. I don't even have ten throws in yet lol

I don't hyzer flip well, so my max distance drives tend to be flat release. I don't even have ten throws in yet lol

Learning to throw max distance lines on a hyzer will do more for you than any new disc will. I'd get some field work in today before celebrations start :thmbup:

Latest posts