• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Tenacity: 23mm Distance Driver

brutalbrutus

* Ace Member *
How To Win With Tenacity

The Tenacity disc from Axiom Discs was PDGA Approved on 4-13-2017.

"The Tenacity is a new high-speed distance driver from Axiom Discs. Tenacity is the understable disc of a three-model 23mm class to be released in 2017. *Like the MVP 23mm class, the Tenacity has a pronounced dome to promote distance-covering glide.

Average and developing throwers will find a highly usable straight-with-fade driver in the Tenacity, while expert throwers will need to call upon that expertise to adjust hyzer angle and shot height. With proper form the Tenacity easily qualifies as "sneaky long". Tenacity is best compared to a worn MVP Catalyst and will debut in Neutron plastic. Stay tuned for details at Axiom Discs on Facebook and Axiom Discs on the web" - by Axiom Discs
axiom-tenacity-pdga-announce.jpg

This one sounds like one I can throw, especially with the "worn in Catalyst" description.

Haha, Axiom probably ought to call up the PDGA because the specs on the approval for this disc says it has a 1.2cm wide rim. That means that these aren't technically PDGA legal unless the PDGA corrects that (since the disc being thrown would obviously not match the approved specs).

news_170609_artistseries311.jpg

The Axiom Artist Series makes its long overdue return with a brilliant artist known as Marmoset and the new Neutron Tenacity. For the last decade the disc golf forum world has enjoyed Marmoset's art on his personal bag and a string of commissions and stamps, and he's become known for detailed and expressive sharpie work on plastic. Axiom let him loose on their industry-leading triple-foil stamping process and the result is the very picture of tenacity - a fish fighting for its life with a hook in each side. The Marmoset Tenacity will be produced on 1,000 discs.

My guy says this month, PMantle.

basketbashers has them on pre-order for this month

Gonna have to put in some field work with these. My understable max D slot has been up in the air lately. Been going back and forth between the Catalyst and Vanish.

That limited edition stamp is pretty awesome. If there was an evolution between Magikarp and Gyrados that would be it :D

I can't edit so... one site says Jun 20th for both LE and N release. Not sure if that is when they expect to arrive at your door or theirs however.

Waiting to see how it would compare to the Vanish. If it is a tic more stable and obviously a hair faster, this could be the big D disc for us noodle arms. As it stands now, I bag a Tern for that slot. The LE Vanish is my tailwind/long turnover bomber, but w/o a tailwind it needs a lot of room to work.

Waiting to see how it would compare to the Vanish. If it is a tic more stable and obviously a hair faster, this could be the big D disc for us noodle arms. As it stands now, I bag a Tern for that slot. The LE Vanish is my tailwind/long turnover bomber, but w/o a tailwind it needs a lot of room to work.

Here you go, JOwens:

Tyler and Taylor both said on FB it was basically a longer vanish. IDK whether to nab one now or not. I like the Vanish, but was hoping for a Tern replacement.

Tyler and Taylor both said on FB it was basically a longer vanish. IDK whether to nab one now or not. I like the Vanish, but was hoping for a Tern replacement.

What did you find different between the tern and a proton catalyst?

I havent thrown a catalyst. Is that what I need? My Champ tern is my go to max D driver. If I can get the same easy D from a catalyst then I may have to hit up my guy at basketbashers. I would prefer to run an all MVP/ Axiom bag but I am not going to sacrifice my oh so meager game to do so.

I've thrown a star tern and a proton catalyst back to back on pretty near the same lines-catalyst is a little straighter for me (less turn) and has a hair more fade. The tern beat it out on longest throw (I came within 25' of a 515 ever so slightly downhill hole a couple times) but I personally struggled a little bit with release points because of the shallow rim. A lightweight (maybe 167-168) proton catalyst would probably be dead on where a max weight star tern is. I can imagine a champ tern flies about the same as my catalyst.

bsammons, does the Catalyst still get out there for noodle arms like the Tern? If so how does plasma compare to proton as far as flight characteristics for the Catalyst?

Latest posts