• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Music on course

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate our culture...

Show me a public place where different groups of people come to hang out, and I'll show you a place you can't just "do whatever you want" because it's a "public place"

no respect

OK, I guess I'll point out the elephant in the room, and the hypocrisy oozing from this thread. How many of the folks in here whining about "those damn kids and their music" have no problem with themselves or their buddies taking a break in the woods to have a smoke, legal or otherwise?

Can't we just do another list your favorite disc thread? It's so much more fun....

OK, I guess I'll point out the elephant in the room, and the hypocrisy oozing from this thread. How many of the folks in here whining about "those damn kids and their music" have no problem with themselves or their buddies taking a break in the woods to have a smoke, legal or otherwise?

Depends. Are these smokers following you around, exhaling secondhand piff in your face? Or are they keeping to themselves, until you happen to stumble upon them? Context is important.

Depends. Are these smokers following you around, exhaling secondhand piff in your face? Or are they keeping to themselves, until you happen to stumble upon them? Context is important.

I would argue that smoke carries much further than most of today's Bluetooth speakers. The park I play in is a no smoke park, and in all states, smoking the other stuff is illegal in public. Playing music is not.

Don't.

That's my answer. Nobody likes your music. I especially don't want to hear it through your crappy cell phone speakers.

I would argue that smoke carries much further than most of today's Bluetooth speakers. The park I play in is a no smoke park, and in all states, smoking the other stuff is illegal in public. Playing music is not.

Most public parks do not allow alcohol, either. Doesn't seem to deter anybody from chugging beers.

Last edited:
:thmbup:

And security video, if it's not too much trouble.

I would be very surprised if internet tough guy AmsterdamHeavy plays his music out loud in the gym.

Of course, if he did, only the employees would know since the rest of us aren't gigantic, entitled douchebags and wear headphones.

I would be very surprised if internet tough guy AmsterdamHeavy plays his music out loud in the gym.

Of course, if he did, only the employees would know since the rest of us aren't gigantic, entitled douchebags and wear headphones.

:thmbup: Common decency, common sense and respect for other people are nearly impossible to teach to those with none.

I don't mind music on the course. I prefer the sounds of nature, but I really don't care either way.

The only time it's affected me during a round is when a friend's ipod over bluetooth speakers played Wayne Newton singing "Smoke on the Water". I couldn't stop laughing for 4 or 5 holes.

.... The only time it's affected me during a round is when a friend's ipod over bluetooth speakers played Wayne Newton singing "Smoke on the Water". I couldn't stop laughing for 4 or 5 holes.

Oh dear God NO!!!!!:wall:

:D

You see, but unless the sound of opening a beer container is interfering with the fun of those around, it is not the same.

I find stoners are more pleasant to share the course with than drunks. Ditto for obnoxious loud music blarers. Usually, they are one in the same anyway, in my experiences. Nothing is worse than the "no fun allowed" jerk, though. If it isn't hurting or bothering anybody, it should not be an issue.

Not recognizing the authority you think you have, or the irrelevant opinion of other people makes me a "tough guy". Laughing at someone rather than bending to their petty will makes me a tough guy, and a douchebag too. If its really that hard for you to imagine someone telling you NO, and not caring if you like it, then we are from vastly different places and times. No one is beholden to what you like.

Ya, I play music so loud you can hold a conversation over it. I dont care who likes it or not - you call that inconsiderate.

I say expecting people to not play music in an outdoor public park makes you a control freak...and the funny thing there isnt a goddamned thing you can do about it.

Saying that "No one should ever play music out loud in a park EVER. You should wear headphones instead." makes you sound pretty crazy from my point of view - that kind of crazy needs to be challenged, whether its here with words in a ****post on a meaningless forum, or in person, right to your face. You dont control anything, you dont get to say, or decide for anyone but you and your kids. How you could think otherwise is amazing to me.

Not recognizing the authority you think you have, or the irrelevant opinion of other people makes me a "tough guy". Laughing at someone rather than bending to their petty will makes me a tough guy, and a douchebag too. If its really that hard for you to imagine someone telling you NO, and not caring if you like it, then we are from vastly different places and times. No one is beholden to what you like.

Ya, I play music so loud you can hold a conversation over it. I dont care who likes it or not - you call that inconsiderate.

I say expecting people to not play music in an outdoor public park makes you a control freak...and the funny thing there isnt a goddamned thing you can do about it.

Saying that "No one should ever play music out loud in a park EVER. You should wear headphones instead." makes you sound pretty crazy from my point of view - that kind of crazy needs to be challenged, whether its here with words in a ****post on a meaningless forum, or in person, right to your face. You dont control anything, you dont get to say, or decide for anyone but you and your kids. How you could think otherwise is amazing to me.

Should have thrown a "you're not the boss of me" in there imo.

You are not allowed to play music aloud on most ball golf courses, so the idea isn't unheard of.

Should have thrown a "you're not the boss of me" in there imo.

You are not allowed to play music aloud on most ball golf courses, so the idea isn't unheard of.

So go pay $50 a round at a course that has that rule.

Yeah, like most people, I'm probably not ever going to tell somebody on the course to turn his music off. Most people nearby don't really want to hear it either. We're actually being overly polite and putting up with it. To be called a "control freak" in this discussion is really interesting.

Go ahead. Keep telling us all how those who don't like your music on the course but will probably just put up with it politely and maybe roll their eyes when you aren't looking are the control freaks and crazed.

I guess the douchebag comment was taken literal, for that I apologize and was trying to really just be the sarcastic asshat in an already stupid thread. But as far as my stance on I don't give a damn how loud your music is, UNLESS THERE ARE CHILDREN PRESENT, I base my statement off Texas Penal Code 42.01, Disorderly Conduct. Having written tickets for this in the past, here's how it goes...

Officer shows up, ma'am/sir did you find that offensive? If yes, ticket, if no, "thanks have a good day". Is it really that hard to just be respectful to those around you? Seems like some here have that inability to be a little more courteous when it comes to stuff like vulgar language and such. Again, decibel level's are of no concern to me, it's the quality of the music I question and have issues with, if within the earshot of the wrong people.

Yeah, like most people, I'm probably not ever going to tell somebody on the course to turn his music off. Most people nearby don't really want to hear it either. We're actually being overly polite and putting up with it. To be called a "control freak" in this discussion is really interesting.

Go ahead. Keep telling us all how those who don't like your music on the course but will probably just put up with it politely and maybe roll their eyes when you aren't looking are the control freaks and crazed.

I don't understand the issue. I don't like loud blaring music on the course either, but I have never heard it at the levels you guys are describing. I've only heard it in passing. I am guessing its not as if the music guy is just randomly following you around the course with his music always in earshot, is it?

I wouldn't call you a control freak, but I also wouldn't say you are being overly polite. Don't confuse "Not Rude" with "Overly Polite". Because you would be rude for asking someone else to turn off their music in a public park. If it really is at obnoxious levels that bother you so much, you can always call the police and let them deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.