• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] pdga aproves prodigy mids?

Wow, really? I thought they were making right with that proto run???

That's what they said. I think they cared maybe the first week but after that who knows. I do know that my emails and attempts on Twitter have gone unanswered but I know they are being maintained because they like to retweet everything positive but any real issues get ignored. Only time I've had bad customer service from ANY disc manufacturer. Even discraft responds.

I'm not the type that likes to trash a company on the internet but I've never really had to they always make it right before it goes that far. If I can't even get an answer out of them though I don't know what else to do.

I have a 179 d4 thats stamped a 174 had have not had any of my emails or phone calls answered...

I thought you could take the heavy ones back to a retail store for exchange & let them deal with it. maybe not though. there are Bunch still sitting on the shelf here. ship me that disc and I will go swap it out for you and pay the shipping back your way. I can get you a green proto D4 or a clear/silver D4 FR stamp. Or opaque Red FR stamp with green/blue or maybe gold foil. I cant promise weight exact only that it will be legal.

^^ same for you Steeze.

Last edited:
I thought you could take the heavy ones back to a retail store for exchange & let them deal with it. maybe not though. there are Bunch still sitting on the shelf here. ship me that disc and I will go swap it out for you and pay the shipping back your way. I can get you a green proto D4 or a clear/silver D4 FR stamp. Or opaque Red FR stamp with green/blue or maybe gold foil. I cant promise weight exact only that it will be legal.

^^ same for you Steeze.

Awesome. I didn't buy it at a retail store but from a member here. I knew it might be heavy but at that time they said it was within a margin they had made up themselves. Once the PDGA officially said it was illegal and they would be replaced I tried to get that process rolling. No response from Prodigy whatsoever. Only retail shop here is DD and they don't sell prodigy. I don't blame them. I won a D4 from infinite discs that I like so any color or weight that is legal is fine by me as long as it's a FR or older. No more protos for this guy. They're bricks. Can you PM me the details to where I can ship it and I'll do so. Thanks.

I didn't buy mine locally. My gf picked it up for me in Seattle. That's a very generous offer, but I don't really think that either of us should be out any shipping when Prodigy is the one who made the mistake.

You trollin? I could totally see te m3 being an m2 as far as how their stability ratings are supposed to go :/

SKinny never trolls. But he really wants my m4's which might be m3s when the m3's become m2's, and Dangit...Mc Beast, 1 more stroke!

CE plastic that has been sitting on the dashboard of your car, way too gummy and sticky I think, but I have never held a fresh CE disc to know how gummy they used to be new.

The prodigy 400 series plastic feels nothing like any of the new CE I have sitting in bins right now nor does it feel like either of the beat CE throwers in my bag...

I got to throw the M1 and M4 today (both 180g) and was pleasantly surprised. Conditions were sunny, 72 degrees, with almost no wind (2 - 5 mph). :)

The M1 is between a really beefy Roc and a Gator for me (I've never thrown a Drone). If you power it up, it's nice and straight with a healthy fade. If you throw it powered down, it's pretty overstable. Surprisingly good glide despite the overstable tendencies.

The M4 fit me perfectly - instant bag spot. It's mildly understable as it will go right before tracking straight and finishing with almost no fade, but not your typical understable. I throw a fuse or stingray for that slot and it's not even remotely like them as it won't keep going right without releasing on an anhyzer or really ripping into it. It's glide was incredible, even on powered down throws. Great point and shoot disc, will hold a soft hyzer or anhyzer, really a nice complement to my workhorse 2FR Buzzzes but longer with less effort. Easily 30 feet more distance with similar effort.

I've also tried their D1 and D4 and like those as well. Other than the silly naming and PR joke of Prodigy so far, I find their plastic to be superior (GREAT grip and glide) to anything on the market. Now I'm curious to see if the plastic will keep the characteristics once it beats in, and how they will throw then. So far, as a skeptical buyer, I've been very impressed which is not easy to do.

Tim S.