• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Reptilian Disc Golf's First Mold: The Scale (OS P&A)

Here's the 1 disc round with the Scale I promised.

Warning: Contains GoPro footage and mediocre or worse disc golf.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n9LzaKRbq94&feature=em-upload_owner

Solid video! I love the use of both BH and FH to show the Scale's versatility.
It seemed that you really have clicked with the mold and I can't wait to hear how you utilize it in your bag.

Another thing that I see is that your putting seemed to be on point with the Scale. I'd assume that most folks putt well with the Scale bc it does feel so similar to the Wiz.

Yeah putting with it worked for me because the two putters I've used the most are VPs and then Wizards. Scale falls right in between so it made sense. I'm rocking my winter bag (all Trilogy, mostly DD) at a tournament this weekend, then I'll be hitting the field with a bunch of molds to decide on my summer bag. I imagine Wizards will win out as my putter and if so, the Scale will definitely be my OS endcap for my putters

Yeah putting with it worked for me because the two putters I've used the most are VPs and then Wizards. Scale falls right in between so it made sense. I'm rocking my winter bag (all Trilogy, mostly DD) at a tournament this weekend, then I'll be hitting the field with a bunch of molds to decide on my summer bag. I imagine Wizards will win out as my putter and if so, the Scale will definitely be my OS endcap for my putters

I love to hear it. I have been working in my first Proto Fossil Scale and I'd say it flys pretty close to a fresh Wizard with all the glide sucked out. One key thing that I love about our putters is how well they fly in the wind. I never really have to worry about pesky cross/slight headwinds causing an air bounce and throwing me off line.

Your Vibram brethren be like :sick:

Every Wizard thrower should try a Scale. Every Wizard thrower should probably bag a Scale.

Ha, I know. I just like trying new discs too much. But by April-May I want to settle on a bag I'll use all summer and I'm sure some Vibram will make the bag.

this disc is still a great Stable slow hovery putter that is $ on upshots and hyzer approaches. So comfy, great disc. I am bringing an extra one this weekend so that other people can try it. Hope they like it as much as I do.

this disc is still a great Stable slow hovery putter that is $ on upshots and hyzer approaches. So comfy, great disc. I am bringing an extra one this weekend so that other people can try it. Hope they like it as much as I do.

:clap:

DGCR at its finest. Thank You sir!

Your Vibram brethren be like :sick:

Every Wizard thrower should try a Scale. Every Wizard thrower should probably bag a Scale.

What if us Wizard (evo) throwers are already happy with our Pigs and or Rhynos? Any additional benefit other than plastic feel choices?

What if us Wizard (evo) throwers are already happy with our Pigs and or Rhynos? Any additional benefit other than plastic feel choices?

Much more similar to your wizards- better plastic, what other reason would you want? The disc isn't going to reach down and fondle you right before you throw if that's what you're after.....

Although that should be worked into the next mold.

They're FLATflatFLAT. That's one huge benefit of the Scale for me. I love flat Rhynos but nearly everyone that I purchased recently was had a major bubble dome. Fossil Scales are like old school KC Pro plastic, pancake flat & feel identical to Wizards. Give one a try sometime when you scrounge up a little extra paypal and you won't turn back :thmbup:

They're FLATflatFLAT. That's one huge benefit of the Scale for me. I love flat Rhynos but nearly everyone that I purchased recently was had a major bubble dome. Fossil Scales are like old school KC Pro plastic, pancake flat & feel identical to Wizards. Give one a try sometime when you scrounge up a little extra paypal and you won't turn back :thmbup:

Flat is good when throwing through a headwind for sure. I do like dome when I am actually putting however. More options are always better...

Just ordered my first scale last on Saturday. can't wait, hoping it will knock out my zone.

Scale is not like a zone, its slower and a hair less stable. Think wizard OS.

Pretty much. The Scale has less glide than a Wizard, but now that I've been using my Armor Scale more and more, it's actually getting a little more glide as it *very slowly* beats up. Doesn't finish quite as hard anymore. Oddly, I find it better for sidearm throws now.

Latest posts