• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Stable Teebirds

Maybe he throws mad bombs and is maximizing the Teebird's potential. Even a Teebird will turn at some point.

current stars seem to be more stable than current champs. I have high PLH stars that fly just like an 11x along with a nice 12x champ that is not opaque and flies just like my buds 11x. I throw them 350 golf d.

Update: Sloppy hooked me up with a few new 11x Teebirds.....Thanks Sloppy, I owe you one.

I did buy a new 175 DX Teebird. I must say that it felt awesome, and I was really looking forward to throwing it. Boy, was I let down. That thing was flippy as hell. Maybe I got one that was bunk, but all my TL's and most of my Leopards are all more stable.

I'm going to look for the Glow Cal's next. Anyone have a website or supplier that may have a stash?

Thanks to all for the replies and the help!

I've thrown beat in champ 11x's and beat in champ 12x's. and don't find that much of a difference. I think most people are just addicted to having a *special disc*

myself included.

I wish I knew where the Glow Cal Champs were, I got the only one I have from the Secret Santa. It's beefy. What kind of TLs do you throw?

Update: Sloppy hooked me up with a few new 11x Teebirds.....Thanks Sloppy, I owe you one.

I did buy a new 175 DX Teebird. I must say that it felt awesome, and I was really looking forward to throwing it. Boy, was I let down. That thing was flippy as hell. Maybe I got one that was bunk, but all my TL's and most of my Leopards are all more stable.

I'm going to look for the Glow Cal's next. Anyone have a website or supplier that may have a stash?

Thanks to all for the replies and the help!

Try DiscGolfValues They ususally have some. If not listed on the site, contact Mark and see if he has any stored away somewhere

I wish I knew where the Glow Cal Champs were, I got the only one I have from the Secret Santa. It's beefy. What kind of TLs do you throw?

Right now I am working through a stack of the last run CE's, with the little swoosh stamp in the middle. I will also usually have a Star TL in the bag for playing Fountain Hills.

I've thrown beat in champ 11x's and beat in champ 12x's. and don't find that much of a difference. I think most people are just addicted to having a *special disc*

myself included.

eh I notice a change in stability in the champs between the the 11x and 12x.

the 11x champs are definitly more stable but I wouldn't call them overstable.

I throw regular champ teebirds no KC on em and love them.

I know you don't want other suggestions but a Champ Banshee beaten in is a straight up Tbird. The problem is that the banshees being currently run have no glide...

Are there any 12x tb's with the plus rim? My tb is just a regular run with plus rim. Also, my champ tl plus has CAL tooling. Is there any signifigance to that?

Maybe.. not sure if those are CAL molds though. I'd email them and ask if they have CAL molds. I'm not sure how stable CA Champ Glow Tbirds are.

I have one of these glitter glow champ teebirds and it is a CA. They have quite a dome on them. so they hold a low straight line well. As far as comparisons to my 11x Cal champs, the glitter glows have less HSS and about the same LSS.

Are there any 12x tb's with the plus rim? My tb is just a regular run with plus rim. Also, my champ tl plus has CAL tooling. Is there any signifigance to that?

Yea I guess they made a new mold for the + rims because they all have CAL back on them. Don't confuse that with the CAL TLs from 2003 and prior which are the coveted ones; they're super flat and very stable. I'm not a huge fan of the + mold champ TLs, I wish they'd just make the regular rim for production.

Dynamic discs had some nice CFR glow champ teebirds. I have 4 mothers day madness stamped that I love. Make sure you don't get the glow teebird + they have several of those and they def are not as legit. New the glow champs are nice and overstable. I have never thrown any teebird as stable as a new glow champ cal. You can crush those glow birds and they will act (for me at least) like a slower champ destroyer. As they beat in they keep that HSS and just work forward while fading at end of flight like regular teebird. I LOVE mine.