• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The mythical Innova ROC

Anyone throwing the Luster 30th Anniversary Rocs yet? How do they fly, feel, etc?

I got a bunch and put one in the bag. They have a pretty good size dome to them. Not out of control, but definitely noticeable. Stability is pretty good, but they tend to bounce around a bit in the wind. Probably due to the dome? I'll have to throw mine more to get familiar with it.

Any insight?

The "Internet" buzz about the Millennium Taurus seems to be based on one fella who has a bunch of Taurus to sell (and who is therefore pretty interested in inflating demand) and the fact that the Taurus is inked "RX" at the factory. It does have more dome than a RocX3, which lends a little more credence to this proposition. I am not rushing to try one, despite my deep and abiding love for Millennium generally, the Sentinel (especially the old mold) in particular, and Champ Rancho Rocs (I like these very much) -- I don't have high hopes for a nice straight non-plussy rim. The RocX3, as you know Brent, does not have a rim that I consider straight.

Please note: (1) looks plussy to me; (2) penned RX; and, (3) has patent numbers like a Rancho Roc (among others).

What is the factory ink on a RocX3?

Attachments

• Taurus.jpg
    Taurus.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 83
Wow, Infinite is charging only a few dollars above stock pricing for the 30th anniversary Luster Rocs. That's a pretty good deal, especially considering that DGC is charging $30 (and I'm sure the scalpers even more).

https://infinitediscs.com/Innova-Roc/Luster

Wow! Glad I bought mine at MSRP.

Threw mine some more yesterday. Good high speed stability. Very mellow fade. You have to throw it pretty good to get the glide out of it otherwise it will just want to dive, but that is typical with most premium plastic Rocs.

Wow! Glad I bought mine at MSRP.

Threw mine some more yesterday. Good high speed stability. Very mellow fade. You have to throw it pretty good to get the glide out of it otherwise it will just want to dive, but that is typical with most premium plastic Rocs.

Looks like Infinite is charging the MSRP from the Innova dealer site ($17). I still think that's a pretty good deal considering what you generally pay for premium Rocs. This year's USDGC Rocs seemed to sell out pretty quickly too. Granted these Lusters are the San Marino mold, but the couple of champ Sanny's I've thrown were just as stable as a champ Rancho.

973359fe59f82a07a382f0a0a4f1e9ca.jpg
54637e2478138c83ecbe97ba94fa854f.jpg
eeb90710fc0b6d20b5c5e2fd44f0534b.jpg

So I got this the other day at PIAS. Is it anything special other than an old Roc? I would say it's in 6/10, wear wise not ink. I know the inn makes it nada in value, I think. It's just a smooth hyzer flip machine. I noticed it has a much larger diameter then recent rocs, and the plastic is almost like hard wax. Is that pretty typical. I have other old discs, bar stamps and such, but nothing like this. Love this thing already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know that I bought a disc with that same stamp, 10/10 for like $25ish a few months ago. Great generation of Rocs, but the stamp itself isn't anything special.

Got out and threw the Taurus (RocX) yesterday and from the half a dozen or throws I got in with it, it didnt seem like there was too much of a difference between it and a champ rancho roc. Not a Gator but not a straight roc by any means. It will stay in the bag for now to see how it stands over time but so far its just a normal roc.

So what is difference between a Flat Top Rancho Roc and a Roc3?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

MF Roc3 is [emoji385][emoji385][emoji385]. Not a flat top champ rancho, but sometimes it's not to bad to move on to the new stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got out and threw the Taurus (RocX) yesterday and from the half a dozen or throws I got in with it, it didnt seem like there was too much of a difference between it and a champ rancho roc. Not a Gator but not a straight roc by any means. It will stay in the bag for now to see how it stands over time but so far its just a normal roc.

So it sounds like why not just throw a fresh KC or star rancho plus a gator, rather than splitting that hair between the gator and rancho?

I could change my mind, but I think to myself, OK I've got a star rancho roc in the bag. If I want something more OS than that in the same bag, I imagine I'd be looking for something like, utility overstable.

Fresh fresh flat top kc is my favorite stable roc. Fresh r-pro roc or roc+ behind that. Star Ontario or San Marino if I want some loooooooong life out of it.

Finally got my hands on a flat top kc roc. Its color glow 180g but its not as OS as I thought it would be. is it supposed to be less os than a glow dx roc? Maybe a regular glow kc roc will do me justice.

Finally got my hands on a flat top kc roc. Its color glow 180g but its not as OS as I thought it would be. is it supposed to be less os than a glow dx roc? Maybe a regular glow kc roc will do me justice.

The flat top Rocs are not as overstable as the regular ones. Glow doesn't seem to make much difference. The more domey regular KC Rocs are more overstable but I've still never really found them to be all that overstable. Just workable all around solid mids that holds their stability for a long while. They are certainly not like a Buzzz OS or a Verdict or a Gila. Honestly I've never really understood the 3 fade rating on the Rocs. Just tradition I suppose.

I lost my trusty star san marino a week ago and was looking through the bullpen this morning and picked up an r-pro I haven't used in awhile. They just feel so nice in the hand. Are they still in production? Innova's site lists a Pro Roc in the plastics but not the R-pro specifically.

Latest posts