• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Valkyrie, a discussion.........

It was the DX kind though and it has seen better days. I tried throwing it today and it flips on me every time. It's a shame because that was the disc I could throw the furthest.

I found a star orc a few days ago with no name or number and there was no one else on the course. That has pretty much replaced the valk in my bag. Ironically enough, I found the orc because my valk landed right next to it.

My first valk(s) came from the same day. Found one and was given one.. I lost the one I found but the one I was given is and has been my favorite since I got it.

Poking through my bag yesterday I found that my 167 Pink Champ Valk was gone. One of those lost disc moments where you have no recallection of where you left it. It was one of the funnest discs in my bag. Booooo.

^ Agreed on the beating up, but I have found a huge difference in off the shelf stability between many of the Champ plastic runs. I have found that Star is more consistent.

I agree...Champs are definitely less consistent IMO.

I'm a big fan of the 172g Star Valkyrie. It's my main turnover driver. I used to have 2-3 in my bag in different stages of wear when I was a beginner...it definitely helped develop my distance and accuracy. Now I just use beat up ones for my hyzer flips. I also love to throw it on an extreme hyzer line and let it just ride straight without flipping. Excellent for needle shots where you want it to hardly fade at all.

the Valk is one of my all-time favorite driver discs. I've thrown multiple plastics, but prefer Valkyrie's in DX plastic. As many others have said, easy distance and smooth lines. I carry three, one DX in good shape for hyzer flips and flex shots, a newer star plastic that is more stable, and a really old beat to crap valkyrie that found laying in a fairway that is a perfect roller discs for me.

had a question for you valk throwers.. i have been messing with them a lil bit over the last month or so.. have a 153g older Champion and a 170 5x JK Champ.. both a lil seasoned.. really feeling the JK and since i dont really like the wide rimmed stuff it seems to make sense.. dunno how i played so long without really throwing them :doh: .. but was curious how they range in stability? not so much the dx but with Champ, Star, 4x, 5x, JK Pro, CE, etc. ? I read through the thread but and good info :thmbup:

The first disc given to me was a Champion Valkyrie and I loved it. Then I found one the other day but I am too connected to my other discs to swap to this one.

As you can imagine, there are many, many Valks in circulation. They cover almost the whole stability spectrum. DX and Pro Valks are really big bombers, especially for those whose max distance sits in the 300'-350' range. Even for those who throw farther, a DX/Pro Valk can be one of the easiest discs to throw for big D. Star and Champ Valks typically start out pretty stable up to 325'ish, and I've seen some freaky Valks that are extra stable. No experience with CE or JK Pro Valks here though...

Had an early run ce that was like a firebird. Currently have a flat pearly valk that's awesome. Doesn't fly like a valk should, its pretty stable and not much turn

^^ cool thanks... yeah im in that 300-325ish range.. usually throw Star Sidewinders as my main driver but looking for something a lil more stable to pair with it and was using the Beast and Surge both which were ok but the rim is still a lil much to actually be comfortable.. got the 5x Valk and walah it felt great.. its a lil seasoned so lil flippy for what im looking for but im sure new it would fit the bill just fine.. i dont mind looking for OOP discs if its something i know i want but sounds like i should get a new champ or star and see how she does first.. and i guess the 5x isnt supper flippy but did turn and burn in a strong headwind and on anhyzers it doesnt tend to turn out which is good sometimes but i have my sidewinders for that .. sorry for typos i have medicine head this morning

Last edited:
Thanks for saying that. There is so much "I get my Rocs out to 375' and am struggling to get over 400 feet" on this site that I wonder where all the normal people are.

agreed. My max is around 380, but my average is 300-320. Not a great arm by any stretch, but I have a lot of fun playing. Here's to the average arms out there :)

SE Valkyrie's are the biz nutz, but they are a curse just like the Ching Roc curse b/c they are the best flying of that mold, but are extinct and almost priceless!!! Taffy/Sticky love-plastic that is Super stable and flat, but dont hit a tree or they'll never be the same. The closest disc to that I found were the pre + mold Star Christian Lansdstrom Valk's, but just as any bada$$ disc mold from Innova, it never stays in production long before they muck it up or discontinue it.

^^ yeah im not a fan of the + Mold at all.. i know i have heard its in the Pro and Champ.. are the + mold star too? Just want to know so i know when im looking for some to toy around with

When I was up in Minnesota a few months ago we stopped at Acorn park and right in the middle of the bog/swamp of hole 1 was a beautiful JK pro 4x champ just a floatin'. Long story short, I fished it out and it's all mine...ALL MINE! buaahahahahah!

p.s. there was no name on the disc..:)

When I was up in Minnesota a few months ago we stopped at Acorn park and right in the middle of the bog/swamp of hole 1 was a beautiful JK pro 4x champ just a floatin'. Long story short, I fished it out and it's all mine...ALL MINE! buaahahahahah!

p.s. there was no name on the disc..:)

You'd have to be a chump to throw that disc on that hole. It's like 270' with a big pond in the middle. Sucks to be that guy.

I have noticed this +mold junk on the Valks...I picked one up, just to see, (My 168 Star Valk is not, but it's a bit older)...

And it's not that it's bad, they're just different. I find that they have a bit more "float." I wouldn't say glide, because Valks are pretty glidey anyway.

I did find a new Champ at Glide the other day in a non-plus mold and grabbed it right up. Hoping it's a slightly more stable version of my Star (it got pretty flippy pretty fast...which was alright, I just want something with more LSS.)

Hooray Valkkkkkkks.

^^ yeah im not a fan of the + Mold at all.. i know i have heard its in the Pro and Champ.. are the + mold star too? Just want to know so i know when im looking for some to toy around with

All 6 of the star valks at our PIAS are + mold. All pros and all but 1 champ were also + molds. Super gay.

^well damn i hate that.. but thanks its good to know.. i guess just need to look for the pre-flight number stuff to be on the safe side .. or just try to find some local but yeah we dont really have anywhere .. well one place but its an hour or so away

^well damn i hate that.. but thanks its good to know.. i guess just need to look for the pre-flight number stuff to be on the safe side .. or just try to find some local but yeah we dont really have anywhere .. well one place but its an hour or so away

If you can stay away from CE do it......

With that being said, there is nothing that compares to my CE Valks! lol.

Latest posts