• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

1-2 putt and approach combo

An anhy putt line...approach line....drive line? My magic will flex out of an anhy putt line. All gateway putters should hold an anhy line over say 80' unless thrown really nose up. The warlock is definitely straighter than a wizard on putts, and I would probably use it as my putter if I were going for a non-minimalist setup, but the wizard is definitely superior off the tee, Ive been using it longer so Im more comfortable with it, and I have a lot of confidence in the wind with it--where as with the warlock you can still do really well in the wind with it, but there is less margin for error. And there are truly VERY similar on putts. The warlock's straightness is only a tic straighter...and not as straight as my most beat wizard. The warlock feels slightly 'better' in my hand, but I actually like the bounce (finger spring)I get from the bead on the wizard. Wow...that was really discombobulated.

beeeavvverrrrr

its the new wizard havent you heard?

seriously its like a wiz in green flx cryztal plastic or something

I'd choose Wizard-Warlock, but I use..............

*Cro -S Soft Warlock,

Warlock is straight, Cro is for more LSS lower line hyzer approaches, Warlock is fine off the Tee, Cro can be flex-shot and is a great headwind putter 8)

I'll chip in for the wizard/warlock combo.

The warlock is a dead straight driver off the tee and will only fade a little when it runs out of steam. the wizard will take some good speed and remain stable with a bit more fade.

For my putting, I like something that is overstable enough to hold a line, but not so much that it fades on me. I can pitch putt the warlock dead straight when I putt it right. I can also put a touch of anhyzer for a long S. The Wizard will fade too much or too fast for my putting style. If you're more of a line drive type putter, I think the wizard would be a good putter/driver combo.

I'll also admit that one of the reasons I throw my wizard is the sweet stamp I have on it - which is not on my warlocks.

One good thing about the wizard is if you do turn it over, it will come back. The warlock might not.

As for the warlock being easy to flip - I'd say it holds what you put on it. If you put anhyzer on it, it'll hold it. If you put hyzer on it, it'll hold it. If you throw it flat or hyzer flip (a power drive) then it'll just go straight. That's new, out of the box - around 172g weight for me. A wizard in the same condition won't hold those lines as easily because of it's overstability.

Latest posts