• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] 10 speed 6 glide

ZafotheViking

Hi guys, I'm looking for a disc that has a speed of 10 and a 6 glide. The closest thing I can find is a Beast with a glide of 5, or a Tern with a speed of 12. Any Ideas? Any manufacture would be fine.

What are looking for this disc to do? Are you looking for a distance driver or more of a control driver?

The Lat 64 Saint is a speed 9 with a ton of glide. I think its a 6 glide.

Maybe Hatchet 9/6 or Northman 10/5 would work?

Many times glide is dependent on numerous things, including run, dome, plastic and weight... for instance, a starlite disc with a certain size dome may glide far more than a star disc of much higher weight, even perhaps with the same amount of dome. Both of these would also be rated at 5 glide.
However, I have thrown an Innova Mystere, brand new, 175g that absolutely bombed if given enough hyzer, but it's 11, 6, -2, 2. And trust me that 6 glide was there

Also, welcome to the forums. How long have you been playing? How long far do you typically throw?

Glide is the least important of the 4 numbers.

Hunting for a 6 when you have a 5 is a fool's errand.

It's just a number. I'm still skeptical that any "6 glide" disc glides better than a "5 glide" disc.

I was thinking Beast when I saw this title. As others have said, it would help to know what you're looking for.

I'd put another vote for a Saint. Great high glide mold. As expected with high glide though, it is quite susceptible to wind.

I'm not sure there is anything in speed '10' that meets the OP's desires. Having said that, the Lat64 Saint is 9,7,-1,2. It definitely glides a lot, and it goes as far as many speed 10 discs.

IIRC, the Discmania TD is 10,5,-2,1, and that '5' could easily be a '6'.

Also, one can quibble over glide numbers, but one can tell the difference when throwing the discs. For example, I did not find the Mystere to be a high-glide disc at all; others' experiences may differ. The Tern, though? Glides and glides...

DX old mold Beasts are close. But yeah, Escape glides like crazy, and has anyone put some calipers to one? I would not be surprised if it's not the same as the Innova 10 stuff.

Thanks guys, you helped me out a lot. Gave me a lot of good idea's. Im looking for a lower speed Bolt really. Ive been playing for about a year know and have started to creep up on 400ft, but the discs Im doing it with has high glide. So I wanted to see what a disc that matched my arm speed would do.

Saint

after seeing your post DEFINITELY a Saint. If you are creeping near 400 with a Bolt and want something to match your arm speed Saint. Only on my best throws recently have I been able to throw higher speed stuff further than the Saint.

Last edited:
Saint

after seeing your post DEFINITELY a Saint. If you are creeping near 400 with a Bolt and want something to match your arm speed Saint. Only on my best throws recently have I been able to throw higher speed stuff further than the Saint.

This. I'll add that a Gold Line Saint will season in to very nice, straight flight, so if you like Gold Line plastic, try the Saint in it.

Saint got some insane glide to it as everyone else says. I can get mine out almost as long as my swords and giants. I max out at around 380. I got an opto saint which I do a huge s-line with.