• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] 10 speed 6 glide

Get an Escape, it's like a Saint, except it's actually a good disc. Saints are too unpredictable.

My Mamba I aquried second hand and it is still nowhere near a -5 turn even at 350'+ power.

Bump up a speed and get a Krait. Thank me later. Great straight disc and it glides better than just about anything.

I'm with World Eater. Saint over Escape. The Escape is a great disc, don't get me wrong, but the Saint is just so sneaky long.

The difference is the glide between them. Probably what makes the Saint unpredictable.

I found the Escape to be less consistent. The two Saints that I bag are well dialed in at this point. One is stable with no fade (175g Frost), and the other is the faster seasoned star teebird that I hoped it would be for awesomesauce turnovers (160g Opto.)

I could not get my Escapes to do the same thing twice, so I rage orphaned them at Seatac. I'm sure it was user error and my game has improved dramatically since then, but I am pretty good at holding a grudge.

I haven't seen anyone suggest a Lat 64 Jade. Lightweight, but is right about dead on what he's asking for. I bag one and they just seem to glide forever. I couldn't care less if they weigh 17 grams less than the disc the guy next to me just threw.:thmbup:

I've been throwing a 175 Star Beast a lot lately. It's got great glide, even for max weight. I still think the right Beast has the potential to be the right disc for the OP.

Falchion 9 6 -1 2 & the River goes forever...it's amazing, it's 7 7 -1 1. I'd put the River faster than a 7.

River, without a doubt has the glide. Just not the speed. And perhaps maybe the best fit for a difficult hard to fill category.

Thanks guys, you helped me out a lot. Gave me a lot of good idea's. Im looking for a lower speed Bolt really. Ive been playing for about a year know and have started to creep up on 400ft, but the discs Im doing it with has high glide. So I wanted to see what a disc that matched my arm speed would do.

While the Saint is a close fit, the Discmania TD really fits the bill. The manufacturer has actually changed the glide from 5 to 6 to more accurately represent. If you need even more turn to fly like the Bolt, TD2 could work as well.

Just went through a month of testing the FD side to side with the saint.

Both great molds. The saint is longer, a bit faster but not as controllable as the FD.

The FD is a bit more reliable but just can't get big distance lines like the saint.

The are both in and out of my bag. I like them both equally. It just depends on what my needs are for the shot on those two.

Both great molds. The saint is longer, a bit faster but not as controllable as the FD.
The FD is a bit more reliable but just can't get big distance lines like the saint.
The are both in and out of my bag. I like them both equally. It just depends on what my needs are for the shot on those two.

Which is as it should be. The Saint is speed '9' and the FD is speed '7'. I like both discs, but their speeds and uses are not the same for me.

Leopard/JLS/FD...

DGC (www.discgolfcenter.com) has the Nemesis, H4, and Spirit all listed at 10 speed, 6 glide; all of them different stabilities. I've never thrown any of them mind you, just looked at that site and that's what they have.