• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

1100+ rounds

T.Hizzle

Eagle Member
Is having two players throw a 1100+ rated round on the same day and same group proof that the PDGA ratings system is becoming inflated? If so, what is the new cut off for advanced? 1020? 1050?

Dear gosh no, Feldberg and McBeth just shot hot as heck, if the rating system was inflated then more than 2 would have shot over 1100

Not when feldberg beat his previous course record of 46 which at the time was rated 1105 if I remember reading . . . so 2 shots better only 10 points higher.

You honestly think shooting 16 birdies on 18 holes doesn't warrant an 1100+ rated round?!?!?!

You honestly think shooting 16 birdies on 18 holes doesn't warrant an 1100+ rated round?!?!?!

That depends on the SSA. I could birdie 9 out of 9 at a local course near me. What would that be rated, 1500??? Did they play Fountain or Del yesterday?

That depends on the SSA. I could birdie 9 out of 9 at a local course near me. What would that be rated, 1500??? Did they play Fountain or Del yesterday?

Could? or did? Big difference. Two competitors in a very competitive field went out and competed....well. That's it. Now T. Fizzle wants to shake up the ratings system. :thmbdown:

I just wonder how it would change, or if it would change, if you only used players rated 1010 and up in the calculation of that round.

Could? or did? Big difference. Two competitors in a very competitive field went out and competed....well. That's it. Now T. Fizzle wants to shake up the ratings system. :thmbdown:

Shake it up? It has been shaken! I bet there are at least a dozen 1100+ rated rounds this year and at least one 1200+.

Better disc tech will improve scores, but I do not think the above situation is so off the wall that it means anything other than 2 people were on fire.

Yea. 10 ratings points is about 1 stroke give or take. Basically they would have had to shoot like -25 on an 18 hole course.

It just isn't possible unless you paid off everyone in a division to shoot 200 pts below their rating at a tournament while you shot normal. Pro's have the ability to birdie every hole on a course. They are going to hit more aces too than the normal player. I see situations where a pro birdies every hole on a course with an ace or even 2...The 1115 mark will be beat but had Feldberg had an ace and 2 more birdies he still would have only been around 1150 Where are the other 5 strokes going to come from?

This I just as bad as saying Feldberg is the greatest of all time! 2 players had great rounds because they were pushing each other the whole time, not because the ratings system is inflated!

What have we learned here on dgcr from two threads that are far from the truth? Too many people jump to too many conclusions when a player is having a good tournament/round.

I played a great round today and broke the record by 1 stroke...I'm the greatest of all time! Please....

Yea. 10 ratings points is about 1 stroke give or take. Basically they would have had to shoot like -25 on an 18 hole course.

It just isn't possible unless you paid off everyone in a division to shoot 200 pts below their rating at a tournament while you shot normal. Pro's have the ability to birdie every hole on a course. They are going to hit more aces too than the normal player. I see situations where a pro birdies every hole on a course with an ace or even 2...The 1115 mark will be beat but had Feldberg had an ace and 2 more birdies he still would have only been around 1150 Where are the other 5 strokes going to come from?

Inflation of the ratings! The pDGA and Chuck know it's happening, but don't know how to stop it..

"Pro's have the ability to birdie every hole on a course."

Sounds like a pretty weak course if the top competition is taking birdies on every hole. As spectator I would be bored.

He didn't say they birdie them all, but they have the ability to! Completely different.
Still boring. Smart course designers like TG and Houck make you think more and manage the course vs. just slinging a frisbee as far as you can. Forcing players to lay up on their tee shot.

Still boring. Smart course designers like TG and Houck make you think more and manage the course vs. just slinging a frisbee as far as you can. Forcing players to lay up on their tee shot.

Forcing players to lay up makes for a much more boring round. Lets say you have a 450' hole where it is 300' to water and then a 150' carry over it. Anyone who can get over 250' but under 450' will have the same exact tee shot, same exact 2nd shot, and then same exact putt. That is terrible.