• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

$129 basket Anyone own one of these?

jmgdiscgolf

Par Member
I already have an instep and was looking to get another until I saw this basket on Amazon for $129. It looks to be much better built than my instep. It supposedly weighs 46lbs so not sure if that's a positive or negative. Curious if anyone here has one and what your thoughts are?

http://www.amazon.com/Titan-Catcher...=1443398971&sr=8-14&keywords=disc+golf+target

81Tk7AY1oWL._SL1500_.jpg

Just got some of these for my home course. They are SUPER heavy much more sturdy than instep. The chains are MASSIVE but starting to rust a little after being out doors just a few weeks. Overall giant step up in quality from instep/Costco baskets but a little rough around the edges (some of the welds and galvanizing seems crude).

Also if you go to Titan Attachments website directly they are 10$ cheaper than they sell them on EBay.

Check out the Hive basket. About the same price or maybe less and they are pretty nice. I have the cross chain one (little cheaper than the dual chain version) and I really like it. The poles screw together and there is no slop like you might have with bolts or pins. I opened the links on the cross chains and closed them onto the upright chains so they're permanent. About an hour of work but totally worth it. Catches very well. Lightweight enough to carry around and heavy enough to catch a 200' shot without falling over.

I just got mine for christmas. It seems like a decent basket.

Prolly use this one until i buy a permanent style.

Edit.

Add a little bit of chains and paint it should be pretty solid all around. Doesnt catch well on the outside and pole is thin. But def usable.

Last edited:
MVP is coming out with the Black Hole Practice and Pro editions that are in this price range.

I think the description says that the practice basket has lighter chains than the pro basket.

innova travelers are my favorite. play with people on the beach, toss some putts during a lazy day fishing, heck, they fold up so thin you can keep em in your trunk and throw some puts at reststops on long trips

Latest posts