• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2 New courses near Lake Nacogdoches

I forgot to mention, that the mini this week will be at the Lake Course. We've added it to our rotation (we play Doubles one week, then singles the next, then move to the next course). Last week we played singles at Pecan, so this week it will be Doubles at the Lake Course.

Mini:
Saturday January 30th
Signup- 1:30
Teeoff: 2PM
Entry Fee: $6, $2 ace pot (about $300 right now).

The club only takes a dollar of the entry fee, the rest goes out to payout.

The Saturday after that, we'll play singles at the lake.

I am thinking of going out tomorrow and will probably make up some holes since I am planning on making some alt pins for future play anyway.

not finished...tee area is rough, unlevel at points and has some stumps. there are no baskets yet, there are posts with buckets to hit, so its currently an object course not a basket course as grayson mentioned earlier. it is however fully playable and its a really nice course. im on my way out there right now, well as soon as i can get off this site haha

not yet... I don't know if the first course should be listed yet or not, since it's still an object course. The holes for the most part won't change, most have been changed and tweeked enough to know that we have the tees and pins in the spot we want them. The major cutting is done, and its mainly touch up work that we are doing while we are waiting on funding to finish coming in on the baskets.

We won't layout the next course most likely until this first one (which is meant to be more of a gold course, par 54+) is for the most part done. Our goal was to have the course completed w/ baskets by the time the Pecan Park Open came around in late April. It may very well be, but won't be used for the Pecan Park Open this year. I don't even know if we can use these courses for the Pecan Park Open, since this park is about 10 miles away from the other courses.

Directions to the course:
From Loop 224, take FM 225 towards Lake Nacogdoches, it's about 9-10 miles past the Loop. About a quarter mile before the entrance to the park (West Park, Lake Nacogdoches), there is a gas station called Yakofritz Landing. The entrance to West Park is on the right. Park at the first parking lot you see, and head to the woods to the right, hole 1 is right in the opening of the woods that you will see, right across the parking lot from the rundown archery building. hole 2 is in the the woods right behind the playground.

If you want to hit up the back 9 first, you can take the Senic Overlook entrance which is about 100 feet before West Park entrance on the right. This will lead you to the tees for hole 9, and also hole 11. Both shots are huge downhill throws, hole 9 being a true par 4, with about a 300ft shot down to the bottom of the hill, and the dogleg right into the entrance of the woods, pin is about 150 ft from entrance to the woods, on the other side of a creek.

I'll be out there on Saturday for the mini. I'll try to take more pictures, and get more info on the course.

hey grayson, we saw a poacher out there last time and the deer i mentioned in my post earlier seemed wounded, i mean he stumbled right up to a large group of people and slowly ran away. well we found it dead with the antlers sawed off and 2 large gunshot wounds. it is laying right behind hole 17 teebox kinda hidden behind a fallen tree, so its gonna start smelling if it is not moved in the near future. we woulda done it but we didnt have gloves or anything. just a heads up...

shot a 9 over today, matt got a 5 over, it was a pretty good round

Think I am going out tomorrow with Craig but I'm not certain since I am going to be heading to Dallas as well.

Yeah that is what I heard and if it doesn't rain I will play and if it does I will head straight to Dallas from school and play in Tyler if the weather allows.

hey grayson, we saw a poacher out there last time and the deer i mentioned in my post earlier seemed wounded, i mean he stumbled right up to a large group of people and slowly ran away. well we found it dead with the antlers sawed off and 2 large gunshot wounds. it is laying right behind hole 17 teebox kinda hidden behind a fallen tree, so its gonna start smelling if it is not moved in the near future. we woulda done it but we didnt have gloves or anything. just a heads up...

shot a 9 over today, matt got a 5 over, it was a pretty good round

My best friend from high school is a game warden in Nac County. Let me know if you're seeing this type of activity and I'll pass it on to him. As disc golfers, we don't need guys with shotguns on or near the course. I look forward to getting out that way to play the new lake course. Enjoy.

My best friend from high school is a game warden in Nac County. Let me know if you're seeing this type of activity and I'll pass it on to him. As disc golfers, we don't need guys with shotguns on or near the course. I look forward to getting out that way to play the new lake course. Enjoy.

if we see him doing it again we are just going to call the police, but yeah ill let you know as well...when we saw the first time it we werent positive cause we saw the injured deer before we saw the guy looking for it, and when he saw us he got in his car and left. but then when we saw him the next day leaving the area where we found the dead deer it confirmed our suspicions...unfortunatly we dont have a plate number, best description we have is that is was a black man driving a white crown victoria.

anyways, headed back out to the lake to try and get a round in before the rain comes!!

matt shot a 4 up yesterday, thats the best ive heard of so far....i was 5 up going into 17 and then f'ed up and took a double, but i still had my best round out there, finished at 7 up

I think most are starting to shoot a little better on the course. In doubles this weekend, my bro and I won with a +2, but we played really terrible on the last 5 holes. We were -3 at one point, so I'm sure that others could put up some great numbers.

Hole 17 is really tough for me too. I just threw my main Surge in the lake next to it off a bad tree kick, and it was gone. I've only 3'd that hole once. It's not that hard, just very narrow. I'm gonna throw my putter for all shots from now on that hole.

ive gone and checked the course out twice and both times it started pouring rain..have yet to complete a full round, 40 degree thunderstorms, dg, and a cold don't really mix well....from what i saw the course is gonna be great...it definitely puts the other two nac courses to shame..its about time we've had a sem-technical course around here, and not just a "who can throw the farthest" contest :)
cant wait for the baskets, and are we getting tee-pads?? as soon as we do i can definitely see people scoring 2-3 down consistantly...the only thing that sucks is the drive, but the scenery is def worth it

I think most are starting to shoot a little better on the course. In doubles this weekend, my bro and I won with a +2, but we played really terrible on the last 5 holes. We were -3 at one point, so I'm sure that others could put up some great numbers.

Hole 17 is really tough for me too. I just threw my main Surge in the lake next to it off a bad tree kick, and it was gone. I've only 3'd that hole once. It's not that hard, just very narrow. I'm gonna throw my putter for all shots from now on that hole.

haha yeah i finally 3'd it last time i went out there i just took out a disc i didnt care about and let her rip and suprisingly it went 2/3 before hitting a tree and landing right in the middle of the "fairway" lol. man, ronny and i searched for his disc for over an hour and finally found it in the lake the next day, that water eats em up

The baskets for the first course are being installed today. Hopefully we'll get to use them for the mini there tommorow. :)

Really looking forward to these baskets, as we've been playing for the past 4 months or so with buckets on posts, which is kinda like disc golf, but still not completely the same.

We're slowly but surely breaking the course in too. It no longer feels like we're just walking through thick woods and huking plastic, it feels like disc golf, and damn good discin' at that.

Hopefully we'll get the pics online soon, as well as the other info on the main dgcoursereview site, and start to put this new tough course on the map.

The west side course is finally on the map...its still rough around the edges, but we've got brand new discatcher baskets, benches on nearly every hole, and a hella-sweet disc golf course...for course info, pics, and directions click here

PLAY LAKE NAC!!