• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2010 DGCR Mid-Atlantic Meet - Oct 1st-3rd

How confident are you in attending the Mid Atlantic Meet at Hawk Hollow?

• Total voters
How far is this, how much time, how easy, etc, from Middletown, VA?

How far is this, how much time, how easy, etc, from Middletown, VA?

The course is the best in Virginia and is private. You will not find it on the map here on this website because you have to have permission from the owner to play there. Who is a great guy and a very active person on this website. He goes by biscoe.

His love of discgolf and the people here has prompted him to offer us the chance to meet and play there.

The course is near The Grange (which has 3 great courses) is all I can tell you, and that is in Spotsylvania county. The approximate distance is about 70 miles from Middletown.

The course is not far from Lake Anna State Park. You can estimate your travel time to the course by mapping its location.

If you mean the Middletown, VA east of the Chesapeake, it is quite a long and expensive trip. Google maps says 4 hours via the tunnel under the water.

The course is not far from Lake Anna State Park. You can estimate your travel time to the course by mapping its location.

If you mean the Middletown, VA east of the Chesapeake, it is quite a long and expensive trip. Google maps says 4 hours via the tunnel under the water.

Hey jrawk Google maps is wrong. Middletown VA is in Frederick County which is up by Winchester. He is only a few miles From Sherando DG course.

Info about Middletown...

Middletown, Virginia, in Frederick county, is 50 miles W of Reston, Virginia (center to center) and 68 miles W of Washington, District of Columbia. The town contains a population of approximately 1,015.
The People and Families of Middletown

In Middletown, about 54% of adults are married.
Wealth and Education

In 2000, Middletown had a median family income of $42,031.
Political Inclinations

Political donors in Middletown favored George W. Bush in the 2004 Presidential race, contributing $2,000. Among political parties, the Democratic party was tops in raising money in the town.
Crime and Safety

Crime isn't one of the big worries for most people in Middletown.
Middletown Housing

Middletown has, of course, a mix of various types of housing. Recently 69% of the livable housing units were owner-occupied. Homes in the town are newer than those found in most places.
Commuting

In Middletown, 97% of commuters drive to work.

Hawk Hollow

Myself and the boys plan to be there.It will be a great weekend trip!!!!

Hey jrawk Google maps is wrong. Middletown VA is in Frederick County which is up by Winchester. He is only a few miles From Sherando DG course.

Info about Middletown...

Middletown, Virginia, in Frederick county, is 50 miles W of Reston, Virginia (center to center) and 68 miles W of Washington, District of Columbia. The town contains a population of approximately 1,015.
The People and Families of Middletown

In Middletown, about 54% of adults are married.
Wealth and Education

In 2000, Middletown had a median family income of $42,031.
Political Inclinations

Political donors in Middletown favored George W. Bush in the 2004 Presidential race, contributing $2,000. Among political parties, the Democratic party was tops in raising money in the town.
Crime and Safety

Crime isn't one of the big worries for most people in Middletown.
Middletown Housing

Middletown has, of course, a mix of various types of housing. Recently 69% of the livable housing units were owner-occupied. Homes in the town are newer than those found in most places.
Commuting

In Middletown, 97% of commuters drive to work.

Thanks Disc Dog, you win the prize!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, we are talking Middletown in Frederick County.

My son is moving there and I'm working on getting the wife to agree on a stop at the meet.

Can I attend even though this is my second post on DGCR???:thmbup:

Word to the wise: If your able to get to HH for this, DO IT! The course is badass and you should never pass up a chance to play it.

Can I attend even though this is my second post on DGCR???:thmbup:

Word to the wise: If your able to get to HH for this, DO IT! The course is badass and you should never pass up a chance to play it.

Absolutely. Post count doesn't matter. :)

As long as you mark the poll on the front page, we are going to send out RSVP invitations via PM's in another month or two.

I know it's almost July, but October still seems sooo far away.

Absolutely. Post count doesn't matter. :)

As long as you mark the poll on the front page, we are going to send out RSVP invitations via PM's in another month or two.

I know it's almost July, but October still seems sooo far away.

Rad. I was working on my post count just in case. :)

I will be responding to the poll now.

"Post count doesn't matter"
That's funny considering all of the add-nothing comments out there from people who have been on here for a few months with post counts over 1,000.

You know, comments that don't help with the discussion at hand and are just an excuse for someone to....talk... Hmm, I'll shut-up now.

I did a really dumb thing and got engaged recently. We're getting married the weekend after the HH meetup so I fear what this will probably mean for my attendance.

I did a really dumb thing and got engaged recently. We're getting married the weekend after the HH meetup so I fear what this will probably mean for my attendance.

Au contraire mon frere.............. BACHELOR PARTY @ HH :hfive:

We'll just increase the donation a bit to cover the, umm, entertainment. ;)

Hookers?!

Here I was ready to order a Bouncy Castle.

I like your idea better... I'll make it for two bouncy castles!

You guys are awesome. I will try to play that angle though. I really don't want to miss this and the time I was there in 2009 I only got to play 1-18 so I've got some unfinished business with the Hollow.