• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 Discraft Ace Races

It's almost time to run it! Each year, thousands of disc golfers gather at hundreds of local courses for one purpose: to throw aces! No putting, no approaching... just runnin' at the chains.

To add to the challenge and excitement, players all throw the same model disc: in past years this has been a brand new, never-seen-before Discraft prototype disc that is introduced each year especially for Ace Race. All participants receive a player's pack that includes two discs and other goodies. 2010 player's package was valued at $67, your entry fee is only $25!

Anyone can run an Ace Race, no previous experience as a tournament director is needed. Just be sure you register your event before someone else; we put a 30-mile buffer zone around each community to keep events from competing with each other.

Events can be scheduled anytime in August, September or October. As a tournament director, you chose where the profits go: to a charity, course improvements, to your club, even your own pocket!

Events are non-sanctioned so anyone can play, all skill levels are welcome. Get all the details and get signed up! Learn more at http://discgolfacerace.com

2011poster_md2.jpg

Can a temporary course be set-up with portable baskets inside a county park? None of the parks near me have a permanant course yet. An ace race could be considered a special event and allow the parks department and surrounding community a chance to see what disc golf is all about. It could help us get a new course installed.

Can a temporary course be set-up with portable baskets inside a county park? None of the parks near me have a permanant course yet. An ace race could be considered a special event and allow the parks department and surrounding community a chance to see what disc golf is all about. It could help us get a new course installed.

The easy answer is yes, you can set up a temp course in any park. You'll probably want the city/county/municipalities permission.

We use an 18-hole DG course with temp baskets and temp teepads to create a course that's more in line with Discraft's recomendation on length of throw.

The easy answer is yes, you can set up a temp course in any park. You'll probably want the city/county/municipalities permission.

We use an 18-hole DG course with temp baskets and temp teepads to create a course that's more in line with Discraft's recomendation on length of throw.

Thanks for the info.

A large park near me with great disc golf course potential can accomodate something like an ace race. Nearest park with dg is at least 30 miles away. I'll get in touch with the P & R Director on it.

To add to the challenge and excitement, players all throw the same model disc: in past years this has been a brand new, never-seen-before Discraft prototype disc that is introduced each year especially for Ace Race.

Does this mean that this years disc might not be a prototype?

do you think the disc in the poster is THE disc? if so, definitely not something high speed. another mid or a putter looks like.

Does this mean that this years disc might not be a prototype?
It makes reference to the '2011 Ace Race Prototype' on their website, so I'm sure it will be. 'Add to the challenge and excitement' just means players can't use their own discs.

do you think the disc in the poster is THE disc? if so, definitely not something high speed. another mid or a putter looks like.
I believe they've only gone with a driver once (Slipstream) and it turned out to be a dud. I don't see them repeating that mistake.

Generally, the shorter the holes, the more aces that are likely, and drivers just aren't appropriate at said distances (the 180'-250' range they recommend is too much IMO).

Gonna try to sign up for the ones in Va - Bryan Park and the one in Colonial Heights... First timer but should be a blast...........................jerry

I'm hoping they run one up at Great Lakes State Park this year (think they had one last year). I'd LOVE to have one at Armco, but many of the locals don't seem to want to commit to anything like that :(

Latest posts