• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2012 GBO!

Ah. Mast and I will be heading out either Thursday morning or that afternoon since I work Wednesday night. No clue where we're staying yet, but idc as long as I make it up there.

Sweet! Better let DD know, I think check-in ends sometime Thursday evening.

Figuring out weather here is not dependable. Yesterday it was sunny and a little hot. This morning it was cloudy, foggy, and on the cold side. Forecasts for next week will say slight chance of rain then you'll get a cloudless sunny day or an all out pouring thunderstorm. It really doesn't matter what the forecast says in spring it will do what it's gonna do. Just count on wind. I used to ball golf at the muni for many years. I can count the number of calm days on one hand. As for staying somewhere in the middle of the courses, any place in town will basically put you in the middle. Jones and ECC are in the north west and north central part of town. The muni course is five miles south of town near the regional airport. Ten minute to anywhere so no real need to find a middle. I'll be playing the two temps next week for practice and probably the c tier event at Peter pan. Not playing the gbo though.

Thankfully I moved to West Texas 6 months ago, so wind doesn't bother me as much anymore :)

Thankfully I moved to West Texas 6 months ago, so wind doesn't bother me as much anymore :)

Yep you should be right at home. Wind and flat land. Although as far as Kansas goes all three course locations have some elevation. Peter pan is really the only super flat tract in town. I'm excited to see the temp layout at the municipal ball golf course. I know 18 is going to be over the long water hazard and usually that is a stiff headwind. Should be interesting to watch people attempt to clear that.

Smitty, can we wear a long sleeve non-drifit shirt underneath a Dri-fit/collared shirt? Looks like it may be a little chilly in the mornings...

For sure you can wear any kind of garment under your shirt. In the case of cold weather, I would think the rules are going to be a little more relaxed. Hoodies, long sleeve shirts in general, will be fine.

The one dress code rule that will be enforced to the max is NO TYE DYE at the Country Club.

Just registered. Now I'm just hopin that some people will cover my shift at work since we're short handed. Got my fingers crossed.

Forecast for next week.
Wed. Isolated T-storms high:64 chance of rain 30%
Thurs: Scattered T-storms high:71 chance of rain:40%
Fri: Showers high:71 chance of rain:40%
Sat: Cloudy high:75 chance of rain:20%
Sun:Showers high:75 chance of rain:60%

Shouldn't be any tornadoes until next month. :thmbup:

Forecast for next week.
Wed. Isolated T-storms high:64 chance of rain 30%
Thurs: Scattered T-storms high:71 chance of rain:40%
Fri: Showers high:71 chance of rain:40%
Sat: Cloudy high:75 chance of rain:20%