• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2012 GBO!

That was the craziest wind I've ever played in today. Multiple MA1 players in the 100s.

hmm, go to denmark and be the star of the show with Jussi and Seppu or go play in spike hyzer kansas with everyone else, wonder what i would choose????

Unfortunately the wind is always a big factor here. On weekends like this you see a lot more people playing the peter pan course and hanging out on the few holes with wind blocking areas. Sucks on days you look outside and see the sun then you step outside, almost get blown away, and go right back in. It really makes playing no fun when it gets that bad.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3453817598228

Check out the wind at the GBO today! It is crazy!

This is why I spent the weekend laying up 30' putts.

My favorite was the ones that would hover in the chains for a few seconds and then blow back out. A kid on my card throw one in upside down and it still blew back out.

I've also never seen so many shots that started out hyzer, turned into a roller and then finished on a hyzer line.

Jen, it was way worse than Texas. I live in west Texas and I wanted to cry it was so windy. I saw discs do things they should never. How about a perfect upshot jumping 10 feet in the air then hitting the ground and rolling 40 feet the opposite direction into OB. Yeah...it happened.

Jen, it was way worse than Texas. I live in west Texas and I wanted to cry it was so windy. I saw discs do things they should never. How about a perfect upshot jumping 10 feet in the air then hitting the ground and rolling 40 feet the opposite direction into OB. Yeah...it happened.

How about a perfect 10 for putt that lifts 100 feet as soon as it slows down and sails 250 feet away due to TAILWIND that is so fast, that disc lift out of the hand without even being thrown, and gusts cause 50% or more of spectators and competitors to stumble and fall? Tyler 54 last year. That GBO clip doesn't look any worse than the Crowley Spring Stampede, Tyler 54, or US Women's last year.

Up to 50mph gust yesterday and lots of cart path OB made for some rough scores at Municipal. 5 hour rounds are physically draining.. I was just glad to card an eagle 3 on hole 18 to finish it. I saw discs do things that I never thought was possible yesterday... Gave me nightmares.

Last edited:
I'd say it's kind of hard to compare if you weren't here this weekend but does that even matter? That much wind in any state makes for a long and tough round. hats off to those who stuck with it. I've seen plenty of players including pros throw their bags and quit a round in that type of wind.

Latest posts