• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2012 Southern California May Meet

snappyfingers

* Ace Member *
2012 DGCR Southern California May Meet
May-Hem!!!
It's the end of the world as we know it...
might as well come play some disc golf!
Coyote Point DGC @ Lake Casitas
May 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th

Come one, come all to the 2012 SoCal DGCR meet up!
Unfortunately, the planning on this year's meet didn't go as planned and for that I apologize. But with a little love and an open mind, everyone will have a blast.
Tshirts and discs will not be available at the meet but orders will be taken for both. Once the meet is over everything will be printed and will be mailed out at my expense. I apologize for this also.

Schedule of events:

Thursday 5/3
Set up camp, meet & greet, and disc golf action!

Friday 5/4
Doubles Tourney
-3pm
-Random flip dubz. No pressure, just fun.
-Prizes will be awarded to the winning team!

Saturday 5/5
Two Round Tourney:
-Round One 12pm
-Round Two 3pm
-No fee for this, just a positive attitude. Prizes will be awarded for lowest scores!
-Start time is tentative depending on length of round one and lunch break.

Sunday 5/6
If you're still there on Sunday, and can manage it, get one last round in before hitting the road!

If you haven't reserved a camping spot, or made arrangements to camp on one already reserved, don't fret. I'm sure we'll have room for everyone.

For those that haven't seen it, here is the artwork:

6310467287_78ee1e8864_z.jpg

If anyone has a prize they would like to donate, please bring it with you. The more we have, the more events like CTP, etc we can do.
Also, if you have a portable/practice basket, bring that also.

Again, I sincerely apologize to everyone for dropping the ball on this. I know everyone was excited, as I was, but instead of focusing on the negative, let's just all do what we can to make this event rad! :hfive:

If anyone has any questions/comments, you can hit me up via this site or

[email protected]

See ya'll there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up. Will try to do planning now.

Hold the phone, sparky.

Should we wait for Mallard campground to open up? (April-Mayish) It's right on the course.

Hold the phone, sparky.

Should we wait for Mallard campground to open up? (April-Mayish) It's right on the course.

No worries my good man! ;)
I've already spoken to the Casitas people and they assured me that Mallard will already be open by the planned dates.
We can actually start making reservations on November 3rd of this year. :hfive:

It's gonna be EPIC people! I hope to see all of you there!!! :hfive: :thmbup:

Ugh, Sky High is so much of a better time :(

Yeah, Casitas is a good time, too. I will definitely maybe attend this one, so when I huck a disc into the poison oak somebody can yell "Where is your search function now?"

Nonetheless, camped up at Sky High last week.
Number of rangers that drove by: 0
Number of other groups on the course: 3
Number of other campers near our site: 0

And this is why we love Sky High!

Go Lake Casitas!!!

lol

Yeah, Casitas is a good time, too. I will definitely maybe attend this one, so when I huck a disc into the poison oak somebody can yell "Where is your search function now?"

Nonetheless, camped up at Sky High last week.
Number of rangers that drove by: 0
Number of other groups on the course: 3
Number of other campers near our site: 0

And this is why we love Sky High!

Go Lake Casitas!!!

lol

Lolz at "where is your search function now?"

Next year's event is gonna be great and it will definitely be worth your time to attend.
I want to try to get a huge chunk of campground M reserved so that we kind of have the run of the place.

Latest posts