• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Pro Worlds at Lemon Lake

which is the whole problem. look at how the PGA runs. they do the fund raising. they secure the sponsors. and when they show up for the big tournaments they run the show. that is why they are Professional and have loads of money in the sport. A long time ago the right people took the reigns and look at what happened.

The PGA TOUR (which is the organization that oversees the professional golf tour, and is separate from the PGA) is able to do all those things the way they do them because they already had significant TV money in the bank and a full-time, paid, multi-person, multi-departmental staff at the time they broke away from the PGA, as well as the benefit of the PGA's 50+ years of building "brand awareness" for tournament golf, not to mention established ties, courtesy of the PGA, to the corporate, financial, and media worlds, as well as the public imagination.

Also, in the US, golf started life as a rich man's (emphasis on "man") sport, played on exclusive, privately owned property. As such, it has always had both financial and organizational resources at its disposal that disc golf hasn't, and still doesn't.

The PDGA can't come close to matching those advantages or resources, and won't until members are willing to pay membership and event fees commensurate with those expectations.

Did Brinster win the Ace pool outright?

Nope.

How much did it pay?

Depends on how the pool was set up. If they only paid for aces during full pool play (before semi-finals), he got nothing; if they paid only the first ace, he got bupkis; if they paid by divison, he got 1/5 of the MPO share; if they paid by combined pool, he got 1/11 of the total.

The ace pot was $5 per player = $1495 / 11 aces = ~ $136 per ace. Ace pot was available through the first 6 rounds & semis...any aces in the final 9 would have been ineligible for the ace pot.

Nice, I was on Kevin's card when he hit his on #14 Gold the first round. It was a beautiful shot with a 10X or 11X beat in Eagle.

The ace pot was $5 per player = $1495 / 11 aces = ~ $136 per ace. Ace pot was available through the first 6 rounds & semis...any aces in the final 9 would have been ineligible for the ace pot.

11 Aces!?! Incredible! Goes to show what amazing talent the Worlds draws. Thanks for the input.

I just watched the final nine holes of the worlds on YouTube. After McBeast made his final put, I saw everyone in the lead card go up and congratulate him on his victory except Niko. I have seen him do this after quite a number of other tounaments where he just walks away kinda acting like a sore loser.
Is he really like this??
Not very good sportsmanship if he does.

I just watched the final nine holes of the worlds on YouTube. After McBeast made his final put, I saw everyone in the lead card go up and congratulate him on his victory except Niko. I have seen him do this after quite a number of other tounaments where he just walks away kinda acting like a sore loser.
Is he really like this??
Not very good sportsmanship if he does.

actually i was there watching and noticed the same thing. and as i was about to point it out to my friend Nikko walked over and congratulated him. I think he was just upset and need a few min to calm down.
but i may mis-remember cause I did have a good amount to drink that day among other things.

Maybe this is already being covered in another thread, or I could resurrect one of the old "in-fighting between Red Roc and Lemon Pro Shop" threads.

But, do I see correctly that Red Roc's web page _and_ facebook page are _gone_?

Anyone know what the story is?

Or, to ask maybe a simple question, do we know how long the Worlds courses will be playable in their original configuration? Maybe Super White is already down?

Nikko did congratulate him, just not right away. Somewhere towards the end of the final 9 Nikko's fire went out as he realized he had no chance to catch Paul. He was unable (or unwilling) to focus and you can tell his shots weren't as deliberate and focused as usual, he was just throwing to get it over with. I think this is part of the reason his putt on the last hole, for 2nd place, fell short. He was already mentally checked out.

Nikko did congratulate him, just not right away. Somewhere towards the end of the final 9 Nikko's fire went out as he realized he had no chance to catch Paul. He was unable (or unwilling) to focus and you can tell his shots weren't as deliberate and focused as usual, he was just throwing to get it over with. I think this is part of the reason his putt on the last hole, for 2nd place, fell short. He was already mentally checked out.

I agree. I only said this because of other videos I have seen where he just grabbed his bag and walks away as the winner was doing his last putt.

I agree. I only said this because of other videos I have seen where he just grabbed his bag and walks away as the winner was doing his last putt.

Not that Nikko hasn't created the image problem for himself, but how do you know that he doesn't go back after the camera is off to congratulate the winner? I don't know if that's the case, but if so, waiting until you've cooled down and can give a sincere congrats doesn't seem all that terrible to me.

I'm just playing devil's advocate, I don't know whether that's true or not.

Not that Nikko hasn't created the image problem for himself, but how do you know that he doesn't go back after the camera is off to congratulate the winner? I don't know if that's the case, but if so, waiting until you've cooled down and can give a sincere congrats doesn't seem all that terrible to me.

I'm just playing devil's advocate, I don't know whether that's true or not.

Earlier in the thread an eye witness said he did walk back to shake Paul's hand. It might have been McBeth himself who posted that. I really can't recall who posted it.

Earlier in the thread an eye witness said he did walk back to shake Paul's hand. It might have been McBeth himself who posted that. I really can't recall who posted it.

I was responding to the poster who said they saw Nikko walk away without shaking hands in other videos, and wondering if that's what happened in those cases too.

I was responding to the poster who said they saw Nikko walk away without shaking hands in other videos, and wondering if that's what happened in those cases too.

I would hope he did later give congrats to the winner. He does however give off the "vibe" of being a sore loser. Just my opinion of what I have seen.

Here is a bit of footage from the 2013 Pro Worlds:

Folks interested in a collection of video from the tourney on DVD can find more information at http://www.pdga.com/2013-pdga-world-championship-dvd-set. The footage includes action from the whole week, either a 2-dvd highlight set or the full monty 6-dvd set. Each day's shooting includes action from a variety of divisions across the unique Lemon Lake complex.

Best regards,

Joe

Latest posts