• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Pro Worlds at Lemon Lake

That's not what they're saying. They're saying that the foliage causes interference with the signal getting from the camera to the nearest cell tower then back to broadcast central. Has nothing to do with all the other cell phones on the course, it has to do with the signal quality overall.

from 11 minutes ago:
PDGA Live Scoring @pdgalive

The signal is awful out here. We would like to ask everyone to turn their phones off at this time they're causing interference.

The signal is awful out here. We would like to ask everyone to turn their phones off at this time they're causing interference.

from 11 minutes ago:

Well, they're full of ****. Thought you were talking video quality.

Very true, editing and multiple takes do give an advantage. Its just in my view, they have these guys doing it, just because of who they are and who they know and not actual broadcasting skill or personality. I think step one of advancing DGPTV forward is actually footing the bill for a talented commentator.

I'll take an uninterrupted High Def stream over new commentators any day. You can mute the commentary. You can't change the stream lag/quality.

Well, they're full of ****. Thought you were talking video quality.

Seems to be a lot of confusion. This is the PDGA live tweet, not the DGPtv.

My guess is they are referring to cell phone reception which they aren't getting. Meaning they can't update their twitter feed.

I'll take an uninterrupted High Def stream over new commentators any day. You can mute the commentary. You can't change the stream lag/quality.

Fair enough, but I like to hear the chains rattle on putts. I guess my feeling is that DGP is so far the closest to ESPN we have (lol). I don't mute things because I like to hear the "sounds of the game." Good commentary can make a mediocre game fantastic and inversely can completely ruin a fantastic game.

Hmm, will and Nikko clowning around watching the ladies while McBeast practices putting

Sounds like the two different methods of approaching competition. Some relax. Some focus.

It's the same reason you see some professional athletes with ear buds on while warming up and others just chilling, joking around and talking. Certain methods work better for certain people.

From the looks of that, we should be able to hire new commentators and tons of camera operators. Now I'm mad we don't have a PGA quality broadcast. :|

And now let's look at the PGA's broadcast control room.....

pga-001.jpg

:D

ok i know its the final of worlds, but these women are just putzing

Latest posts