• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Am Worlds...Minneapolis

are there different kaposia courses? the hole 2 i know is not a tunnel shot

They have some kind of 18 hole layout that's completely different from the normal course. I have no idea what the course usually looks like

Oddly, I am seeing a lot of grumbling about "sandbaggers" on various social media. One of my good friends who is a great player and someone I really respect as a person has joined in. He got all huffy when I tried to explain that, as there is no ratings cap for MA1, that there is no way to be a sandbagger. Sounds like sour grapes, but he is far from alone in his feelings.

Anyone have an educated guess on how many people playing in Am Worlds have placed or won in MPO events this year but refused cash just to play Am Worlds?

I know it happens, but it's usually onesies and twosies. Sounds like It's an epidemic this year.

Oddly, I am seeing a lot of grumbling about "sandbaggers" on various social media. One of my good friends who is a great player and someone I really respect as a person has joined in. He got all huffy when I tried to explain that, as there is no ratings cap for MA1, that there is no way to be a sandbagger. Sounds like sour grapes, but he is far from alone in his feelings.

Anyone have an educated guess on how many people playing in Am Worlds have placed or won in MPO events this year but refused cash just to play Am Worlds?

I know it happens, but it's usually onesies and twosies. Sounds like It's an epidemic this year.

i know a **** ton of mn locals that didnt turn pro just so they could play in this tourny. ill say it- there is plenty of sandbaggin and im not even playing in it

Wow.

When this Is all said and done I'd like to see how well pure ams played vs. Kinda ams.

But hey, as long as they didn't accept cash, that's their perogative.

I know quite a few people who could play pro as well but I don't blame them for not excepting cash to play in there home state at AM WORLDS it's kinda a once maybe twice in a lifetime thing. Plus many of these so called baggers would not be sponsored pros am world's could be a great stepping stone for future sponsorship.

I think the coverage of this is interesting. I only started watching round 2 <19 div from BRP but I liked the player pre-play interviews.

But...will it be available in edited form? I have not seen edited version from smashboxx but that would be a lot more watchable for normal people. And aspiring kid players.

Advanced men live at the Valley right now. I have to admit the live feed is way better than Maple Hill. I can feel the tension and feel terrible for the guy whose perfect putt just chained out on 6.

Advanced men live at the Valley right now. I have to admit the live feed is way better than Maple Hill. I can feel the tension and feel terrible for the guy whose perfect putt just chained out on 6.

Ha, I finished on hole 6 at Valley during the Majestic this year and also had a 20 footer spit straight through. Thought it was in, was already bending down to pick up my mini. Total heartbreaker - needed that putt to stay in the 40s.