• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

Jimi just wouldn't shut up about the wind at Brandywine though. We get it, it's windy.

Is wind not a common thing up there? It's like that all the time here.

EDIT: Also to note, Paul Ulibarri switched up his backhand form a little bit. Got that left hand off of the disc, looks nicer.

Jimi just wouldn't shut up about the wind at Brandywine though. We get it, it's windy.

Is wind not a common thing up there? It's like that all the time here.

When you have a majority of your courses in the woods, you get a lot of wind shelter. One of the things I like about playing out east is that you are in the woods a lot and rarely have to deal with wind.

Here's a little sneak peak at the San Diego Open for you awesome DGCR people. This is the unlisted rough cut version (w/o commentary, and a couple other things). I'll be posting the finished product w/ and w/o commentary in a week or so.

Here's a little sneak peak at the San Diego Open for you awesome DGCR people. This is the unlisted rough cut version (w/o commentary, and a couple other things). I'll be posting the finished product w/ and w/o commentary in a week or so.

And here I was about to go to bed...

My favorite videos from last year were the Hall of Fame Classic vids. I just love those couses, and I felt they filmed well too. I hope McFly goes back this year and comes out with more footage.

I know I'll be going back to Appling later this year for the US Women's DG Championships. Thanks for the kind words!

big fan of mcfly's videos, and definitely appreciate his efforts (spent many a rainy day watching his videos). It seems this florida course (with the elevation and foliage) is a bit of a challenge to record a round. I'm always a big fan of watching videos of courses i've played because I understand the holes and can appreciate how the big guns play them, but I found it especially hard to follow what was going on on a few of these holes. I know he made a promise to get them out in 12 hours and I know this isn't a permanent course, but personally I wouldn't mind waiting longer for a video with hole descriptions or little tidbit explanations of each hole. I know I'm being critical, but i would say this is not one of his best videos imo.

You're absolutely right. This course--with its epic doglegs and elevation changes--practically screams for 2 camera coverage. Next year I'm either doing it with 2 cameras, or not at all.

You're absolutely right. This course--with its epic doglegs and elevation changes--practically screams for 2 camera coverage. Next year I'm either doing it with 2 cameras, or not at all.

If you need a second camera, I can help :) At least, so long as it's within driving distance of Charlotte, and FLA is :clap:

Thanks man! I totally agree. Kevin got some great angles for the 2nd camera. I just wish Youtube supported the 1080/60p we shot in, it looks so smooth.

have you ever thought about uploading the 60fps vid file to a file sharing site then posting the link on here so we could could download it and watch it in its proper form? would be killer :clap::clap:

also, its a pain to have to go thru the bother of downloading it from a youtube link if you want to have it for when u dont have the internet(roadtrips,flights,ect). A quick link on here would be so much simplier and easier to compile and put into one giant thread for people offline needs.

have you ever thought about uploading the 60fps vid file to a file sharing site then posting the link on here so we could could download it and watch it in its proper form? would be killer :clap::clap:

also, its a pain to have to go thru the bother of downloading it from a youtube link if you want to have it for when u dont have the internet(roadtrips,flights,ect). A quick link on here would be so much simplier and easier to compile and put into one giant thread for people offline needs.

Hmm I'm kinda torn on this one. Posting on youtube has the advantage that I get at least a tiny bit of ad money to cover some of my expenses (20 bucks a month for software, 10 for dropbox, gas money, etc.). If I upload it to a filesharing site too I'd be getting less reward, for more work. As much as I would love to give it away, I simply can't continue to do this and lose money. Any ideas? Would people pay X dollars a year/tourney to have access to the 60p downloadable files? I'm open to suggestions.

As much as I love your videos, I wouldn't really be willing to pay or them, unless the price was really cheap. I download most tournament videos straight from Youtube for my own viewing anyway. I'm sure the quality suffers a bit, but it doesn't bother me.

Hmm I'm kinda torn on this one. Posting on youtube has the advantage that I get at least a tiny bit of ad money to cover some of my expenses (20 bucks a month for software, 10 for dropbox, gas money, etc.). If I upload it to a filesharing site too I'd be getting less reward, for more work. As much as I would love to give it away, I simply can't continue to do this and lose money. Any ideas? Would people pay X dollars a year/tourney to have access to the 60p downloadable files? I'm open to suggestions.

You are absolutely right for not wanting to just give away your footage. It is obvious that you put a lot of time and effort into your videos. I'm not sure how you would do it, but I could see people paying $2-$3 for the high quality version of your videos. I might not do it for all of them, but there are certain ones I would definitely pay for. Masters Cup footage would be one example.

You are absolutely right for not wanting to just give away your footage. It is obvious that you put a lot of time and effort into your videos. I'm not sure how you would do it, but I could see people paying $2-$3 for the high quality version of your videos. I might not do it for all of them, but there are certain ones I would definitely pay for. Masters Cup footage would be one example.

I like this thinking.

Whats would be an acceptable price for a full round video at 60 fps?

Thanks for the feedback guys! I wasn't thinking anything crazy, definitely less than 5 bucks, and depending on the vid I can see 2 or 3 being fine too. Maybe I'll release the 60 fps version to those who pay a couple weeks before I put it on Youtube as a bit of a reward for the support.

We've got a bunch of good stuff coming soon. SD Open is ready for commentary, I'm almost done editing the NorCal Series Championships, and I'm going to film the Wintertime Open on the 16th. It looks like a pretty sick lineup, this Paul McBeth guy just signed up, I hear he's pretty good. http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/16433

Speaking of Paul that dude is so nice. I bug him for disc info for my vids and he gets back to me immediately. Some pros just flat out ignore me, or take months to get back to me. We're totally spoiled having a guy that nice as the World champ.

I would definitely pay for CCDG and Marty before I pay anything to DGPTV. :thmbup:

Thanks for the feedback guys! I wasn't thinking anything crazy, definitely less than 5 bucks, and depending on the vid I can see 2 or 3 being fine too. Maybe I'll release the 60 fps version to those who pay a couple weeks before I put it on Youtube as a bit of a reward for the support.

We've got a bunch of good stuff coming soon. SD Open is ready for commentary, I'm almost done editing the NorCal Series Championships, and I'm going to film the Wintertime Open on the 16th. It looks like a pretty sick lineup, this Paul McBeth guy just signed up, I hear he's pretty good. http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/16433

Speaking of Paul that dude is so nice. I bug him for disc info for my vids and he gets back to me immediately. Some pros just flat out ignore me, or take months to get back to me. We're totally spoiled having a guy that nice as the World champ.

- Id def pay to get access to tourney footage before youtube and i KNOW a ton of other people on here would too. Have you ever thought about incorporating youself with Itunes and creating a store for Central coast disc golf and all your videos for people to buy or rent thru itunes? this concept just popped into my head when i was thinking how ski film companies get their films to the masses. and all the major film companies right now have their stuff available in itunes. Its a thought!

Stoked for all the upcoming stuff from you guys. central coast vids are always my favorite to watch. it feels like im sitting down with a few buddies watching a round when i listen to your commentary. its a nice change from crazy john brooks... lol

Latest posts