• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 United States Disc Golf Championship

Also, that's the traditional play on that hole <at least since the higher speed drivers game out like Wraith and up>. The tree on that line that's closest to the tee was only put in a few years ago just to discourage that big hyzer line. Harold doesn't want anyone taking easy routes on his course.

I always forget that tree hasn't always been there. They make that line look so simple but its not an easy task to put a spike hyzer on a 390' hole and on that angle

Didnt catrina already win the woman's us championship last week? Paige just wanted to show the boys she can ball and she did. Can anyone answer my question or is everyone just gonna complain about things they can't control?

Paige won the US Womens two weeks ago at the IDGC. Now she's in position to win a USDGC Performance title.

Asking why there isn't a women's division at USDGC is like asking why there isn't a Masters division or an amateur division...there are separate tournaments covering all of those. Women are welcome to compete at the USDGC (and have, even before Performance flight), they just have to qualify to do so same as anyone else. Not sure what the issue is.

marty isnt bad for the sport

full grown man children are bad for the sport

video aside, if Gatorade was at the usdgc, theyd see our sport is not filled with lolly pops and teddy bears anyway

Feldberg wants McFly (and other videographers) to do a better job editing cuss words from their videos.

I'm pretty sure that son of a %^!@# Feldy and everyone of you @*%$ sucking pansies that agree with his stupid $^% just need to shut the (@%$ up.

Stop trying to edit the real $%&^$&! world with all of your bull&%^$. If you don't want your precious children hearing all the god $^%$ cursing going on in those vids then be a parent and edit the $#^#*%& !@#@ yourself.... ^%$^*&^%

(edited just for feldy)

ps... holy %&^$ that was one crazy round. i hope they all screw it up tomorrow and Sexton wins because he doesn't curse on film.

qtpxLLo.jpg

Or he could just watch his mouth.

I tend to have a pretty foul mouth when I'm around like-minded company, however it is very easy to sub-consciously clean it up when need be. If I'm at work and the boss or patrons are within earshot, PG-language comes pretty easily. (Or in this case, you're "at work" on the course at the biggest stage for disc golf in the country with cameras everywhere....)

Edit: Just saw his actual FB post. Maybe he wasn't the one swearing but the point still stands.

Last edited:
The wind is pretty strong right now in north Charlotte and its always worse at Winthrop. Could make for an interesting round..

...and with respect to Patrick Brown, I'm personally shocked with the relative lack of outbursts. I'm sure anyone that plays GGP much would agree w me.

I know Patrick very well, and I can honestly say over the years he has gotten better about it. He still has those moments where he will go off don't get me wrong, and it's baby steps for sure, but he's starting to realize that when he lets things go he plays much better.

Personally I'm stoked for him.

a long and winding post calling people out

You're a junior staffer. The PDGA brass said the call was wrong, he should have moved it or at lest played a provisional. Deal with it.

Why the hell don't the women get to play this tourney. Performance is a complete joke i don't even understand why the ratings of the rounds was important.

United States of America Disc Golf Championship for 16years keeping the women out of the sport???? why?

Yes performance is a joke. However, if women qualify for the Open flight on monday they can play. Is it fair? No, because AQ spots are given out to MPO division at NT's and majors throughout the year, I get it (and you have a fair argument).

I will say at this point in time that I feel like having a Women's separate tournament entirely is a better solution than shoehorning a small division with much larger ones at Rock Hill. The reason is the same as not having age protected divisions at USDGC - so that a whole tournament can vie for the same prize.

Quick example, if there were say 12 spots for FPO at the USDGC - only 12 women (and there certainly are more than 12 female pro disc golfers that can win a tournament) would have the opportunity to play for a still separate title. You're excluding the majority of female disc golfers from the chance to compete. There could be a dark-horse situation (akin to Patrick Brown and JohnE McCray on lead card) for the ladies, so you want instead to have a whole tournament dedicated to them instead of having them feel like an afterthought or Title IX-style concession. To me, that's treating female disc golf athletes with equal respect.

Now if they did away with performance flight and had FPO as the other pool that would be a solution as well.

man, they've been keeping women out of the superbowl for 50 years too this is outrageous.

Latest posts