• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

Check with the BG check in booth. May be able to hook u up with a double partner or a place to stay.

Appreciate it, I am definitely staying at the KOA, I know a few folks staying there, if they don't have room I'll just get a site. I was just throwing it out there, it would be a shame to have that big huge spot in the back of the KOA all to myself :D

Getting my travel plans nailed down, its going to be here before we know it. As of now, pending getting the days off work, I plan on being down there from Tuesday until Sunday or Monday. Woot! When is everyone else getting there? Anyone want/need a partner for the Nati and Discraft doubles at the Tech College on Thrusday? I know a few people wanting to get the mixed doubles division going, need 4 teams, so far, if I find a partner I know of at least 3 teams. Or...if anyone knows any of the ladies playing maybe we can get the womens division going to?

I planned on playing the doubles to support my local shop I'll team up with you in mixed if you get enough groups

Essential Discs Speed Putting Contest

Essential Discs is going to have a speed putting contest Wednesday and Thursday at Phil Moore with Finals Friday prior to the flymart.

Starting at 10am and ending 5pm each day.

Grand Prize will be a Gateway Titan Portable.
Other Prizes for 2nd and 3rd place TBD.

$5 per person.

All Players will be required to putt using a new unreleased disc.

Attachments

• Essential Disc.jpg
    Essential Disc.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 6
I planned on playing the doubles to support my local shop I'll team up with you in mixed if you get enough groups

That would be awesome man! I know of two other groups for sure and a couple of maybes, I'll keep you updated. I just got the okay to take the time off so I'll most likely be down there from Monday to Monday! Effing stoked!

Pre BG AMs Weekend event

I have scheduled the Grand Opening of Rough River Dam State Park disc golf course for April 18-19, afternoon start for the road warriors coming south from MI or WI, and morning start on Sunday so you can get on in to BG and start some practice rounds.

The course is 1 hour due north of BG . . . . lodge, campgrounds, cabins, and a championship level course on the lake.

The GRAND OPENING EVENT!
ROUGH RIVER DAM STATE PARK DISC GOLF COURSE

APRIL 18-19, 2015

PDGA B-tier for Amateur & Pro Divisions
Limit of 150 players

Two Rounds OF 18 HOLES on the course

Recreational Tees Saturday, Championship tees Sunday (ALL DIVISIONS)
Saturday Tee times start a 12am (recreational divisions first, then int, adv, pro.
Sunday tee times start at 8am (recreational divisions first, then int, adv, pro.
Rough River State Park is on Central Standard Time

Amateur Players Package for first 100 ams registered

Contact Lodge for special player rates at 270-257-2311

Register on line at Disc Golf U

Pro Divisions: $70
Advanced Divisions $50
Intermediate and Recreational Divisions $30

As a PDGA B-tier event, you must pay an additional $10 if you are not a current PDGA member

Hole Sponsorship - $50 and tee sign with your logo
$5.00 Ace Pool (sign up on line or at the event)
If no ace, ace pool will be a ctp marker on hole 4 during final round!

Attachments

• rough river map low res.JPG
    rough river map low res.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 17
  • phone sept 2014 121.jpg
    phone sept 2014 121.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 14
  • phone sept 2014 117.jpg
    phone sept 2014 117.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 14
When will the rest of the events be posted. I'm trying to nail down my schedule. I see there are three pending events.

When will the rest of the events be posted. I'm trying to nail down my schedule. I see there are three pending events.

It takes awhile, maybe even week of. Last year I tried to make a schedule to do as much as I could and it was pointless. Pick a couple and make a point to see/do those

It takes awhile, maybe even week of. Last year I tried to make a schedule to do as much as I could and it was pointless. Pick a couple and make a point to see/do those

what he said, last year was my first and i just figured it out when i got there. had a blast and using the same philosophy this year.

I post items as they come in . . . I know others are still thinking about events but I do not have the details . . . discs for players packs start arriving next week: any guesses?

Wouldn't be surprised to see that new innova putter.....Snort....

Dynamic just had two discs approved so I would imagine theirs is one of those, justice or breakout.

Discraft brings Ti flx somethings

Does the round have to be "started" or "completed" by 4PM for any of the flex start Wed/Thur events?

typically start by 4,finsh by 6 . . . . it is up to each event host.

At Hobson (HB is hosting for DGA) it is start by 4pm.

Drop date with a refund is passed

If you need to drop out - send the TD an e-mail with name, division, and mailing address - you will receive the 7 players' package discs in the mail after the event.

Gateway Players' Package Discs announced

Gateway disc sports stamped 900 discs for this years amateur championship at Bowling Green with the famous Chevy stamp!

Devil Hawk
War Spear
S Chief

The discs will be randomly given out at check in.

As an additional prize for this event, we marked 5 discs with a "golden ticket" on the bottom.

Whoever receives one do the 5 gold stamped discs with this logo ( insert picture of logo) will win 25 custom stamped discs. Here's the choices:

1) winner can come to our shop for a willy wonks style tour and personally mix and run a batch of 25 special blended wizards.

2) winner ( that cannot make it St. Louis ) can describe their idea of a special blend ( flex, color, weight, surface complexion and weight) and Dave will personally blend and run the wizards .

3) we chose a mix of special run discs for you.

Winner should coordinate with David McCormack to choose and schedule which

Stamp will be 3" stamp or 2" ( for bottom stamping) we will provide 1 hour worth of art design for stamp.. ( any additional time to develop art will be charged

Stamp size can be upgraded to 5" for $40, additional discs can be purchased at $5.90 per disc.

^ holy awesome batman

this is one of the coolest things i have seen in any tourney. I would pay good money for the golden ticket if someone who wins doesn't want it. Now i am even more excited.

Latest posts