• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 European Open

Paul should really work on the celebration -- each win there seems to be an awkward couple of seconds as he looks for someone to hug.

Nice work giving the caddy credit.

The production looked great. Really good commentary too. Avery is a natural. Jussi did a fantastic job and can't wait to see how he improves and takes things even bigger in the future.

I really hope disc golf can continue to explode like it has been the last few years. I really wish ESPN would jump all over this.

Paul should really work on the celebration -- each win there seems to be an awkward couple of seconds as he looks for someone to hug.

Nice work giving the caddy credit.
The only thing I noticed was Will pouting trying to ignore him lol.

I called in though, USA top 4 spots with the top European taking 5th.

Why was Will so angry? I only saw the last two minutes.
He played pretty poorly, went OB on both 17 and 18

EDIT: Paul's back looks pretty shot, the stairs up the podium weren't effortless for him.

Last edited:
I agree -- Will wasn't disrespecting Paul, just played badly. Paul's so laissez-faire when he wins it makes the reactions of the players around him way more noticeable.

He played pretty poorly, went OB on both 17 and 18

EDIT: Paul's back looks pretty shot, the stairs up the podium weren't effortless for him.
True and usually if you are sore standing around doesn't help, you gotta try to stay loose. I know most tournaments have delays, but in this tournament delays were mandatory. It showed a lot of grit and concentration by mcbeth imo.

There was a hole where McBeth's shots were all over the place. Good for him there were no OB, so only took a bogey.

There was a hole where McBeth's shots were all over the place. Good for him there were no OB, so only took a bogey.
And if the cameraman wouldn't have kicked Ricky's disc to stay in he would've doubled a hole. What if scenarios are irrelevant. It's all about who executes the best over four rounds. I'm sure if your scenario did happen, mcbeth knew there wasn't ob, and if there was he might've been throwing different lines/different discs. What if McBeth's ace wouldn't have skipped in? It doesn't matter because it did.

Shout out to Juho Parviainen who played the second best round of the day (-8), despite having fever.

Juho Parviainen throws faaar. Saw him yesterday at the distance show.

But the one person who really made my jaw drop was, of course, Simon. And I do not mean the distance show where he flipped most of his shots (and they threw downhill anyway). I'm talking about his saturday's drive on the 18th. I was right there next to the teebox and he did his 360. He said he caught a tree or something, I didn't see where the disc actually landed. Some minutes later I helped Simon find his disc and guess what? It was behind the scoreboard, on the other side of the road. 650 ft according to Google Earth.

And on President's Cup he did that same 360 on the same hole. Went OB at around 560 ft but it was close to staying in.

Pretty ambitious if you think about the target landing zone size :D

Would have loved to see him on practise days but unfortunately could not make it.

And if the cameraman wouldn't have kicked Ricky's disc to stay in he would've doubled a hole. What if scenarios are irrelevant. It's all about who executes the best over four rounds. I'm sure if your scenario did happen, mcbeth knew there wasn't ob, and if there was he might've been throwing different lines/different discs. What if McBeth's ace wouldn't have skipped in? It doesn't matter because it did.

Did you really mean to reply to my message? You came up with all these what if scenarios.

Did you really mean to reply to my message? You came up with all these what if scenarios.

Ya, you basically were saying if there was some ob on some random hole mcbeth would've bogeyed. I'm just saying you could say that about everybody in every tournament so it's irrelevant. Get it? :hfive:

Ya, you basically were saying if there was some ob on some random hole mcbeth would've bogeyed. I'm just saying you could say that about everybody in every tournament so it's irrelevant. Get it? :hfive:

So you can't say anything about the round in this thread? Sorry I forgot to ask a permission for that. What a douche... :wall::thmbdown:

The hole was #13 and he did bogey that hole. All I say is that it was quite a hole for McBeth. He didn't hit the gap close to tee -> kicks the disc on another hole's fairway. Huge sky anny over two fairways and ends up deep in bush. Then he threw sidearm upshot from the bush. Tries to run a long par putt around a big tree but misses it. Makes a comeback putt for bogey.

I found the disc in the bush after searching it quite while even though I saw where it went.

No speculation or what ifs. Just saying that it could have ended much worse for McBeth.

So you can't say anything about the round in this thread? Sorry I forgot to ask a permission for that. What a douche... :wall::thmbdown:

The hole was #13 and he did bogey that hole. All I say is that it was quite a hole for McBeth. He didn't hit the gap close to tee -> kicks the disc on another hole's fairway. Huge sky anny over two fairways and ends up deep in bush. Then he threw sidearm upshot from the bush. Tries to run a long par putt around a big tree but misses it. Makes a comeback putt for bogey.

I found the disc in the bush after searching it quite while even though I saw where it went.

No speculation or what ifs. Just saying that it could have ended much worse for McBeth.
Sorry, when I say irrelevant I mean to the tournament's outcome, not to this thread. You can say whatever you want! Calling me a douche was kind of mean though :(

Cool insight, especially since most people have no clue about how things went down besides the numbers.

Sorry, when I say irrelevant I mean to the tournament's outcome, not to this thread. You can say whatever you want! Calling me a douche was kind of mean though :(

Cool insight, especially since most people have no clue about how things went down besides the numbers.

Sorry for calling you names.

I didn't mean to degrade McBeth's victory or say that the outcome would be different if the hole would have had ob lines. I wrote the first messages with mobile phone on the way home from European open. I could have been more precise what happened on the round and also my wording was little off.