• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 European Open

Forecast is also giving high potential for thunderstorms just around noon when the lead card should be starting, so there could be delays.

And the lead card is off! Live scoring available until the live broadcast kicks off in about 2.5 hours. Last year they made the lead card wait about 40 minutes before playing the TV holes. Let's see if that happens this year.

Seppo Paju is -6 through the first 7 holes, putting him within striking distance of the podium. If he puts together a solid round and Ricky/Will/KJ falter a bit, you could see Seppo and Big Jerm leap frog a few of those guys. Still 7 behind McBeth, so a win would require a big blowup or injury.

Nikko is -7 through 9 and looks to be taking advantage of the easier holes on the front 9. If he keeps his round together, a 10 to 12 under round isn't out of the question which should give him a solid top 10 finish, but it might not be enough to make the top 5.

Delay in the live scoring, but if they hold true to the schedule it looks like it only took a little over an hour to complete the front 9. There is about an hour and a half left before the live broadcast starts, meaning the top 4 cards and the FPO lead card might be forced to wait half an hour to 45 minutes before beginning on the TV holes.

Paul's lead is back to three after the birdie on 8. Ricky and Will take a bogey, leading to Ricky being tied with KJ for second. Big Jerm is only one behind Will right now, and Nikko looks to still be cruising.

Delay in the live scoring, but if they hold true to the schedule it looks like it only took a little over an hour to complete the front 9..
1 hour and 40 minutes actually, still not done at hole 9. Some waiting may still happen though.

1 hour and 40 minutes actually, still not done at hole 9. Some waiting may still happen though.

The par 5 took a little longer, which lengthened the front 9 time. Still, they only have 5 or 6 holes before the broadcast starts and it looks like all "non top 16" cards will be finished before then. I'd probably plan for a delay. Maybe not 40 minutes, but something in the neighborhood of 20 is very possible.

You would know better though, since you're in Finland.

There were almost 1 hour of delays last year too because of the TV scedule.

I am so torn, on one hand I would love to see and play in big tournaments, on the other hand it's waaaaaaaay not chilled enugh for my taste. I think i'd rather DNF than wait for a hour because of silly tv.

Yea, these pros have to wait all the time in big events. That is usually a back-up on the course. So a delay for the TV would be about the same for them. Shouldn't bother them a bit unless it is over an hour then they might need to throw some practice shots to warm back up.

I've got the link for the live finish coverage all set. The question is, will Jamie and Avery be commentating on that feed or is Spin going to be doing something from the booth and live over YouTube?

Question answered. It says they'll be doing english commentary on the feed

Live scoring shows they aren't done with 12 yet - are they going to be late for TV?