• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Gentlemens Club Challenge

I for one can't help but root for McBeth. Literally, it just happens involuntarily. So keep it up Paul, I hope you go undefeated this season.

Mcfly So High has posted on his facebook page that he is there video taping it. It will probably be out in a few days once he can edit it, I'm guessing.

I asked Marty a few hours ago and he is still in Wilkesboro NC.

Who are (8th placers as of end of round 2) Bobby Musick, Richard Thompson, & Max Nichols? Someone please tell me they are up and comers, soon to better challenge the McBeast, and not locals, who specialize in that course.

Who are (8th placers as of end of round 2) Bobby Musick, Richard Thompson, & Max Nichols? Someone please tell me they are up and comers, soon to better challenge the McBeast, and not locals, who specialize in that course.

Max Nichols has been around for a while. Think he's a Cali native, been in a couple Central Coast videos. He's a lefty that's been on a bunch of top cards playing some seriously good golf, wouldn't be surprised if he stayed relevant for a while.

Mcfly So High has posted on his facebook page that he is there video taping it. It will probably be out in a few days once he can edit it, I'm guessing.

I applaud your effort ... but alas ... it just wasn't meant to be :(

I like to see the best in the world dominate their sport. I strangely tend to cheer for the favored in most sports.

Yup, sure is strange. No-one cheers on the best. You should go get that checked out.

/s.

I love watching greatness. So McBeth winning is awesome. If people have a problem with it, play better and work harder!!!

I have no problem with McBeth winning, don't get me wrong. I think it will elevate the play of those gunning for him.

That said, I'm more surprised now when he doesn't win. I kinda lean toward the underdog, so I look for some different winners every now and then.

Gee whiz, get off his jock already ;)...you guys act like he won by fifteen strokes and was never challenged in this tournament. To say this is insulting to the other guys on tour. Do you guys remember Worlds last year when he was in a 3 hole playoff for the title? These guys push each other and McBeth is just a tad better than most. This gives him the edge and he is always capable of throwing up the hot round of the tourney, as he so graciously displayed, but he is fallible. Uli had 4 bogies in the final round and could have made a run at it with pars, so get a hold of yourselves people. Congrats McBeast!!

I would've referenced McBeth's playoff putt that lost him a chance at his first USDGC title and not the Worlds where he came from behind to win it for the third time in a row.... but that's just me.

I would've referenced McBeth's playoff putt that lost him a chance at his first USDGC title and not the Worlds where he came from behind to win it for the third time in a row.... but that's just me.

Good point. That would have been a better reference, but I was just referring the fact that he DOES have competition and he doesn't always waltz across the finish line. A man sees what he wants and takes it;)

Gee whiz, get off his jock already ;)...you guys act like he won by fifteen strokes and was never challenged in this tournament. To say this is insulting to the other guys on tour. Do you guys remember Worlds last year when he was in a 3 hole playoff for the title? These guys push each other and McBeth is just a tad better than most. This gives him the edge and he is always capable of throwing up the hot round of the tourney, as he so graciously displayed, but he is fallible. Uli had 4 bogies in the final round and could have made a run at it with pars, so get a hold of yourselves people. Congrats McBeast!!

There's Mcbeast then there's everyone else. First he's just flat out more accurate and consistent with all of his shots than anyone else, second he prepares better works longer harder, last that clearly puts him in his own class is that killer instinct. He IS going to park it, he IS going to make the putt, and he is going to take you out. I feel privileged to watch golf played at a new level. It's good for the game. He constantly is giving motivation to others to get better or get used to finishing behind him because he's not letting up.

is there definitive proof of this?

basically. He's in mid season form alrdy, that poster he hung in lizottes rv, and in some of his videos you can just tell he put in time this offseason. He didn't seem content after the great season he had.

Someone will eventually challenge him. Eventually.

People challenge him all the time. USDGC, Maple Hill, Texas States, Japan Open, Glass Blown, Rochester and the 2014 GCC were not won by Mcbeth. Hell even Worlds crazy playoff where Wysoki went toe to toe.

This isn't like when Climo was crushing the field by double digit strokes it's a lot closer and very competitive. He's currently #1 but to act like no one else is close is foolish.