• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Ledgestone NT presented by Discraft

FYI for participants, especially those who don't check the LIO Facebook page regularly: the course schedule changed a few weeks ago. I know that my division (Rec MA3) no longer plays the temp course at Kennel Lake, but gets Illinois Central College instead. Please check the schedule:
http://lisopen.com/event/2015/course-schedule.aspx

Also, please note that they have caddy guides for all 10 courses available for download. Well done!

giphy.gif

Also, I will be making a MASSIVE announcement on Smashboxx TV tonight regarding the event.

So I just got in and don't have a definite plan of where I'm staying(got options). Anyone got local tips where I can camp cheap since I'm not planning on being a big money winner?

Between the Lake Eureka Permanent and the ICC courses: which would be considered the 'tighter' of the two? I think I'd rather practice the more open one first.

I would say they are similar. Both are mostly wooded. ICC is perhaps a bit shorter and easier (with the exception of a couple holes) in a pine forest. Eureka has a couple of holes that are open bombs, a few medium open shots, but mostly in a deciduous forest.

With the amount of money raised for this tournament almost a year ago now, does anyone view this as a small cash cow for the organizers? Say you get the 35k plus whatever else they raised early on in the planning. They can just invest the money for the year, increasing the value and then pocket the added value in addition to their cut. Kinda like free money for having the brains/drive to grow this event. Seems pretty genius to me and nice way to make a sizable payday. This happens frequently within professional gaming and those event organizers walk away sitting well after each major event (prize pools range from 250k-2million).

Not saying this is a bad thing! But has prize pools increase we could see sponsorships and funds collected earlier to allow for more equity to be made.

Last edited:
Not this again. If the event is full, player packs are good/great, pros will get paid handsomely, why SHOULDN'T the organizers make $ for their hard work/planning? Amazes me people think others should put on events, no matter how big or small, for the "fun" of it.

Between the Lake Eureka Permanent and the ICC courses: which would be considered the 'tighter' of the two? I think I'd rather practice the more open one first.

Lake Eureka I would say is the tighter of the two. A bit more technical but there are more open holes then ICC. Both courses are tight but have a lot of birdies out there.

To add to that, these event has been getting bigger and bigger and therefore all money made i would imagine is put into the next years even to make it bigger. win win for all.

With the amount of money raised for this tournament almost a year ago now, does anyone view this as a small cash cow for the organizers? Say you get the 35k plus whatever else they raised early on in the planning. They can just invest the money for the year, increasing the value and then pocket the added value in addition to their cut. Kinda like free money for having the brains/drive to grow this event. Seems pretty genius to me and nice way to make a sizable payday. This happens frequently within professional gaming and those event organizers walk away sitting well after each major event (prize pools range from 250k-2million).

Not saying this is a bad thing! But has prize pools increase we could see sponsorships and funds collected earlier to allow for more equity to be made.

Have you looked at the proposed payouts on the Ledgestone website?
Have you seen the huge player pack?
Have you noticed the team of Ledgestone guys selling Discraft discs for the last year to make to make this happen?
Several of the courses just got new baskets and it wasn't the park districts buying them.
Setting up 3 temp courses. Tees, baskets, & signs. Do you think this stuff appears out of thin air?

This event is a big as many Worlds. Nate has done an awesome job. He's working a full time job on top of his full time job to make it happen.

Not this again. If the event is full, player packs are good/great, pros will get paid handsomely, why SHOULDN'T the organizers make $ for their hard work/planning? Amazes me people think others should put on events, no matter how big or small, for the "fun" of it.

if you read what I wrote I said its "genius" and "not saying it's a bad thing". I agree 100% they should get their cut and feel more event organizers should get money upfront like this to make equity while planning an event.

Have you looked at the proposed payouts on the Ledgestone website?
Have you seen the huge player pack?
Have you noticed the team of Ledgestone guys selling Discraft discs for the last year to make to make this happen?
Several of the courses just got new baskets and it wasn't the park districts buying them.
Setting up 3 temp courses. Tees, baskets, & signs. Do you think this stuff appears out of thin air?

This event is a big as many Worlds. Nate has done an awesome job. He's working a full time job on top of his full time job to make it happen.

People get so defensive around here even when I am supportive with what is happening lol I was just thinking out loud about the chance to make additional cash with the great fundraising they have done.

Sorry, I guess I'm so used to folks on here complaining when someone makes some $ on an event, I thought you were doing the same.

Sorry, I guess I'm so used to folks on here complaining when someone makes some $ on an event, I thought you were doing the same.

All good man! I am all for everyone making money on their hard work. And now that I temporarily derailed the thread.... I am predicting a McBeth and Brinster battle next weekend. Brinster seems to be peaking at the right time of the season!

With the amount of money raised for this tournament almost a year ago now, does anyone view this as a small cash cow for the organizers?

VERY small cash cow. 1-year CD rates are around 1.25%, so the profit on $35K would be $4,375 less applicable taxes and 0.1% inflation.

Not piling on - just curious and crunched the numbers. :D

VERY small cash cow. 1-year CD rates are around 1.25%, so the profit on $35K would be $4,375 less applicable taxes and 0.1% inflation.

Looks like a decimal point got misplaced somewhere. 1.25% of $35,000 is $437.50

People get so defensive around here even when I am supportive with what is happening lol I was just thinking out loud about the chance to make additional cash with the great fundraising they have done.

Why do you think there is extra money? The fundraising you've been seeing is to achieve the added cash that has been promised.