• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Memorial Championship- NT

Ricky could be there as the highest NT point earner available after the other spots were filled. Yes, McBeast won obviously but Ricky was second with JohnE third. With McBeast claiming the Pro world champ spot they used Ricky to fill the NT points leader spot.

Lead Card

I like to think of it as McBeth's nemesis.
Ricky: Worlds Nemesis
Will: USDGC/Memorial Nemesis
Jake: Am Worlds Nemesis (Paul took 2nd many years ago)

:\

Just a thought.

I'll be watching the 12:42 card for a regional pro battle of East Coast v. West Coast:

Bobby Cowperthwait from my hometown of Norwalk, CT (and a McBeast killer from the 2013 GHDGO as spotlighted on DGM) v. Peter McBride of California and numerous appearances on CCDG.
Chris do know the FriZZak crew?

I like to think of it as McBeth's nemesis.
Ricky: Worlds Nemesis
Will: USDGC/Memorial Nemesis
Jake: Am Worlds Nemesis (Paul took 2nd many years ago)

:\

Just a thought.

Not sure if I follow you here....
Ricky, maybe, but he was in a playoff on the grandest stage. Not Nemesis material IMO. Nemesis to me would mean that he would never make the final 9 at Worlds. I would say he has an excellent chance of winning Worlds this year, after having it slip away in Portland.

And Will is 3X USDGC Champion, definitely not nemesis

You got it for Will and Memorial

Ricky, maybe, but he was in a playoff on the grandest stage. Not Nemesis material IMO. Nemesis to me would mean that he would never make the final 9 at Worlds. I would say he has an excellent chance of winning Worlds this year, after having it slip away in Portland.

Not trying to troll, but I think you misunderstand the word nemesis. For your pleasure:

google said:
nem·e·sis
ˈneməsəs/
noun
the inescapable agent of someone's or something's downfall.
"the balance beam was the team's nemesis, as two gymnasts fell from the apparatus"
synonyms: archrival, adversary, foe, opponent, arch enemy
"they were beaten in the final by their nemesis"
a long-standing rival; an archenemy.
"will Harry Potter finally defeat his nemesis, Voldemort?"
a downfall caused by an inescapable agent.
"one risks nemesis by uttering such words"
synonyms: downfall, undoing, ruin, ruination, destruction, Waterloo
"this could be the bank's nemesis"

You don't win worlds (even at an AM level) without competing well under pressure. I bet that playing with the best will elevate his game.

Thats part of the weakest point of my menal game, I tend to play to my opponents level, which can hurt when I get on the wrong card. (especially if its friends who are struggling...)

Not trying to troll, but I think you misunderstand the word nemesis. For your pleasure:

Nemesis means something someone cannot conquer, which is in line with the definitions you posted. Will being a 3 time USDGC Champion means that he has conquered it, therefore it's not his nemesis. I was wrong about Ricky though. Let's be real though, this is golf we're talking about...the REAL nemesis lies within ;)

Nemesis means something someone cannot conquer, which is in line with the definitions you posted. Will being a 3 time USDGC Champion means that he has conquered it, therefore it's not his nemesis. I was wrong about Ricky though. Let's be real though, this is golf we're talking about...the REAL nemesis lies within ;)

Yeah, that's kind of his point. Will is Paul's USDGC nemesis because he's kept Paul from winning it...

You don't win worlds (even at an AM level) without competing well under pressure. I bet that playing with the best will elevate his game.

Thats part of the weakest point of my menal game, I tend to play to my opponents level, which can hurt when I get on the wrong card. (especially if its friends who are struggling...)

Wait, so it's my fault I beat you, lol!?

The 8:10 card looked interesting. Bee is from the same hometown as McBeth, Economos is from the Maple Hill area (my neck of the woods), Nate Sexton, and Taylor Jr, who is from Fountain Hills, one of the course sites of the tournament.

Rico and Ulibarri are on the same card, and a different card for Barsby and Big Jerm.

Nybo, who was a runner up at the Euro Masters, is on a card with JohnE.

Ought to be fun.

I just found this. Posted 2 hours ago. Looking good for those of you watching from home. I am curious to see how they are going to do the coverage. One camera, one group? I hope they do more than that.

Chris do know the FriZZak crew?

Dave ... of course I know the FriZZaks ... been playing with them since 2006, though I could never quite reach their level ... Only one who isn't around much at all is Flores. Otherwise I see Sjur, Bard, Jeff, Dome, and Bobby all the time.

I just found this. Posted 2 hours ago. Looking good for those of you watching from home. I am curious to see how they are going to do the coverage. One camera, one group? I hope they do more than that.

You can make lots of stuff look good after the fact! :)

But, we have 2 cameras that we will be using. Many times we will be using them on one hole for a throw and catch. If we get to a shorter hole, we will try and separate the cameras. If there is a backup, we plan on wandering to other holes as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what they want to see?***

***Please remember that we are limited in terms of scope of what we can do. But I would like to hear suggestions as to what people are looking for.

Dave ... of course I know the FriZZaks ... been playing with them since 2006, though I could never quite reach their level ... Only one who isn't around much at all is Flores. Otherwise I see Sjur, Bard, Jeff, Dome, and Bobby all the time.
they lived here in NC for a minute with Sjur and Kim living in Wrightsville Beach (which is where I call home) for a little while. Such rad dudes!!! tell them fools big wave says SUP!

Hoping ole Bobby Popawraith tears it up in AZZ!!

Latest posts