• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Memorial Championship- NT

Driving range hole. The padding on the tree is amazing.

picture.php

The hand/arm hazard is bad enough, but I couldn't even imagine driving my plant foot into that bed of quicksand. Call me crazy, but seeing as it's just an open hole anyway, why not just move the tee pad over about 20' onto the grass?

I understand someone is/was trying to make the hole more difficult...but just bad design, plain and simple.

The hand/arm hazard is bad enough, but I couldn't even imagine driving my plant foot into that bed of quicksand. Call me crazy, but seeing as it's just an open hole anyway, why not just move the tee pad over about 20' onto the grass?

... or 5 feet back.

... or 5 feet back.

The "teebox" is on a super steep hill, and that seems to be the only flat-ish spot. Behind it is just more hill, and then a fire station. It could be moved to the bottom of the hill or off to the left a ways. That would just make it a wide open hyzer with nothing in the way but air.

I'll just say I hope for both the safety and enjoyment of the hundreds of competitors and locals that this is not an indication of the round at Fiesta. That's absolutely not up to NT standards. I'm going to have faith and hope that it gets fixed. I appreciate the mountain of work that's gone into coordinating another course to get more people into the tournament, however it's still a NT.

Thanks for the posts/updates Hammer and others. Can we summarize what we've learned regarding times we should/can play courses?

FOUNTAIN - avoid Fri/Sat/Sun from 10am-5pm due to a fair and mega amount of tourists
FIESTA - only available after 1pm?... and must make a tee time? Looking for clarification here...

Thanks for the posts/updates Hammer and others. Can we summarize what we've learned regarding times we should/can play courses?

FOUNTAIN - avoid Fri/Sat/Sun from 10am-5pm due to a fair and mega amount of tourists
FIESTA - only available after 1pm?... and must make a tee time? Looking for clarification here...

Spot on for Fountain Hills. During the week you are best to try to play in the mornings due to lower volume of pedestrian traffic.

Fiesta is available after 2pm, and no you don't need to make a tee time. Just show up and check in at the "club house". Fees are $8/person until the Monday before the tournament. Monday and Tuesday are free, but still can only play after 2:00.

Vista should be good to go without any events.

Man. This seems to be somewhat of a sh*t show. Someone posted the hole before this one, and it's even stupider. Practice times are out of whack, courses being used for other events... A ran a C-Tier that reserved the park..... Wow. At least I'm staying at a really nice house with a pool!!!

The "teebox" is on a super steep hill, and that seems to be the only flat-ish spot. Behind it is just more hill, and then a fire station. It could be moved to the bottom of the hill or off to the left a ways. That would just make it a wide open hyzer with nothing in the way but air.

So it would make that particular shot like the other 90% of shots at the Memorial?

I kid I kid.

Woot, love the card I am on. Just not sure how fair it will be to the 4th guy who has to play with three of us from Colorado.

Man. This seems to be somewhat of a sh*t show. Someone posted the hole before this one, and it's even stupider. Practice times are out of whack, courses being used for other events... A ran a C-Tier that reserved the park..... Wow. At least I'm staying at a really nice house with a pool!!!

You will still have fun. Yes there are some janky holes, and some other issues, but the tournament will still be a great time. I've played it many times myself, and enjoyed myself every year. The TD's and staff work their ass off to make sure it is a successful event, and I don't see this year being any different.

While, I don't love the modified layout at Fiesta, there are a few holes that are pretty awesome. Not only that, but the weather here is always gorgeous, and depending on where you stay, there is a ton of great things to do in the valley.

So it would make that particular shot like the other 90% of shots at the Memorial?

I kid I kid.

lol.....yeah pretty much. However, Fiesta has quite a few holes that aren't your typical Arizona hyzer, so that should be a nice change.

McBeth just posted on Twitter that he played Fiesta yesterday and aced hole # 2. Said the property was beautiful, but if there is no wind, the scores could be in the 30s. Would love to hear what he thinks of the padded tree tee pad.

McBeth just posted on Twitter that he played Fiesta yesterday and aced hole # 2. Said the property was beautiful, but if there is no wind, the scores could be in the 30s. Would love to hear what he thinks of the padded tree tee pad.

A birdie on every hole would give the player a 38. I don't see that happening, but you never know. I agree that the course isn't very difficult for a scratch (1000 rated) golfer.

What is the status of live coverage of the Memorial? I need to know whether I should be editing the Crazy John Bingo cards or whether I have to prepare a new set of Disc Golf Guy Bingo cards. And is there anyone else planning to do *live* coverage? (Bingo works best with live coverage so you can chat with other bingo-ers in real time)

Alright, I am going to do it. I am going to list what I think are the most interesting g cards to watch the first round in hopes of encouraging all the awesome people with video cameras out there to film different groups for us all to watch. Of course it won't be in real time for me since I will be 0laying.

8:10 Sexton v. Economos - curious?
8:26 Barsby v. Koling - make me laugh!
8:42 McCabe v. Rico v. Ulibarri - get serious
8:58 McCray v. Nybo - interesting
10:58 Barela v. Dollar - local kid v. big name
11:14 Musick v. Stokely - back to touring
11:30 Blazek v. Leiviska - could do well
12:02 Criss v. Feldberg - more fun?
1:46 Castro v. Nichols v. Paju - intrigue
1:54 Putka v. McBeth v. Schusterick v. Wysocki - Am World Champ, Pro World Champ, next two best.