• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Memorial Championship- NT

Also, the hand holding was a little weird looking to me. Not saying it was good or bad, just weird.

(will ferrel voice) "McBeast has ice in his veins and the killer instict of a sabertooth tiger, also, little known fact, he likes holding hands with his lady during the final 9"

Finally got done reading through this thread. Lots of good points made also some good laughs. Thanks for the entertainment :thmbup:

Some comments on previous posts that I won't bother going back to look for/quote:

1. McBeth did seem a bit uncomfortable at Fiesta, but I doubt it was because of the discs. There were a couple times where the discs did not do what he was expecting the discs to do, but that happened to everyone playing. It was windy. There were a few times where he straight up misfired - you can see it in his body during the throw. Even if his bag was never stolen, he would have missed those shots.

2. Saying that luck did not come into play for Big Jerm to stay in bounds the entire tournament wouldn't be entirely accurate. There were a couple times where his disc was coming in very close to water or OB and just stuck instead of skipping. There was one hole at Fiesta in particular that immediately pops into my head. McBeth and Jerm both threw a very similar looking forehand line... Jerm hits the bank about a foot away from water and digs, while McBeth hits the bank a foot away from water and his disc recoils back and plops OB. That's just one example. Whether you like it or not, luck does come into play in this sport even on more open courses like these.

3. This is probably the best coverage of an event I've ever seen. Incredible live coverage, superb HD content immediately after the event from McFly, and now I'm eagerly awaiting all the other coverage videos with commentary. It's unreal how far media coverage of this sport has come in the past 2-3 years. Big hats off to everyone that is involved. That takes a lot of time and dedication. I know for a fact I won't be able to put my discs down to go and record video for a full day instead of playing. Then editing it all? Nuh-uh.

4. At Am Nats last year Anthony Barela, myself, and a couple of my friends went to throw some holes for fun after the tournament. We only threw putters and minis. AB is insane. For anyone that has played the Toboggan - he got to the base of the hill on 17 with just 2 throws of his mini. His layup went a bit long but he was still putting for 4. On hole 18 his putter drive landed just outside the circle - better than most competitors all week with their drivers. He also wanted to try my buddy's Crank to see if he can eagle hole 2. He was playing it conservative all week but thought he had it in him. He was up at circle's edge in 2 drives and made the putt. The kid is good.

Just saying that some sponsors follow a thread titled one way and sees that three pages are talking about numbers of cricket...not impressed. Don't worry your little heart out sweetie, I'm sure the worlds in Pittsburgh will be awesome and the Yetter will make some pros quit...so we are at a heightened level now. ..great new players every event...Cheers!

What??

I has big job with big company, u no get there moneys cuz you no profession on interwebs

Does Jerms have a lucky pencil? Or was he really that worried about getting a plain old pencil back from Feldberg? I think his sponsor or somebody could help the poor fella out with a pencil.

p.s. Jerms is looking less like Dale Jr than he used to, but the similarity is still there. Feldy, for his part, looks disturbingly like the 48.

Last edited:
I kept mistaking Anthony Barela for Paul McBeth.

Dr-Evil-and-Mini-Me.jpg

Ever since he started playing DG, AB has kind of idolized and mimicked everything that Paul does, right down to how he dresses, throws, and putts.

Ever since he started playing DG, AB has kind of idolized and mimicked everything that Paul does, right down to how he dresses, throws, and putts.

It won't be long until it's also in how he destroys everyone he plays with. Looking forward to getting beaten by him and Feldberg in person next month at Conocido.

I finally watched the final round (unspoiled!) and what a great end. The McBeth skip OB and missed putt was definitely odd, but Koling was on fire. Seems like he has his forehand absolutely dialed in right now. The coverage from Smashboxx and McFly was excellent!

Does Jerms have a lucky pencil? Or was he really that worried about getting a plain old pencil back from Feldberg?
That seemed like a really interesting snippet of a conversation. Damn pencil must be magic.

I finally watched the final round (unspoiled!) and what a great end. The McBeth skip OB and missed putt was definitely odd, but Koling was on fire. Seems like he has his forehand absolutely dialed in right now. The coverage from Smashboxx and McFly was excellent!

Making/not making the putt was moot. Paul knew the outcome was still going to be a par if he made it. Jerm was gonna have to really screw the pooch for the playoff to continue onward at that point.

I wonder how close Paul's shot was to going in, it would have been crazy to see him win a play off in the tourney with a skip ace.

I still would have liked to see Paul hit the put to end the tourney though. I am just guessing he wasn't really concerned about it at that moment. :confused:

Making/not making the putt was moot. Paul knew the outcome was still going to be a par if he made it. Jerm was gonna have to really screw the pooch for the playoff to continue onward at that point.
Jerm had already missed one from closer earlier in the tourney.

Yep, he missed a gimme at Fiesta.

I know anything can happen even at close range. I went back and watched the end of McFlys video and Paul's put was longer than I thought. Jerm stepped up and put his putt in pretty quick...guess he did not want to dwell/contemplate on it too long.

Jerm stepped up and put his putt in pretty quick...guess he did not want to dwell/contemplate on it too long.

that's just what he does, all the mental work is done beforehand ... once he steps up to his lie, he fires away

sorta MJ/Cam Todd -esque

Yep, he missed a gimme at Fiesta.

The one he missed at Fiesta was one where he was standing above the basket, wasn't it? An awkward angle at the very least. The one to close out the playoff was maybe the same length but far more straight-forward.