• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Memorial Championship- NT

I should have been more clear. I meant you need a fundamentally sound stroke to PUTT at an elite level. Will putting has always been his biggest weakness. Sure he might get hot every once in a while, but even I dont miss occasionally and nobody calls me a good putter. Will is probably the best pure thrower in the game. His putting has always been a liability

I'd agree that his putting is the weakest part of his game right now and historically. There was a time when he was very solid inside 35 feet with his hitch, so I'm not convinced he can't be elite without changing it. I will also agree that usually the best putters styles are more forgiving to being slightly off than Will's style is.

So Will goes out and shoots a 47 which is two strokes off the hot round of the day, and you guys wanna talk about his putting slump?

When Will Is on his game he doesnt have to putt Cuz he's tapping everything in. When his drives and ups are on point its spectacular. Ive seen him do it in person. Birdies or eagles on nearly everything and never leaving himself more then a 20 footer

The footage has been sent. They are going to review it once they see it and make the call. It's a small chance because it's a saturday...but keep your fingers crossed.
Thanks JTac. Couldn't remember your uname so I'm glad you find my post.
Just thinking, with the pressure involved, tie score, final hole, large crowd watching, knowing your opponent will probably make his putt, he really made a pressure putt.
Then, to turn around and win it in the playoff.
Fingers crossed for DG in the Top 10.

NDMDn0y.jpg

Jerm did Front 9

In all the excitement I never noticed that Big Jerm grabbed Paul and congratulated him after his big putt on 18. You could tell he was genuinely thrilled for him, and that's awesome sportsmanship.

Am I the only person that recalls Scott Stokely and his obsession with McBeth from the past two months?

Judging by that picture I'd say he's well on his way to getting ready for the next tournament, mentally at least. Kind of like Bill Belichick, "I'm on to Texas States"

So I've seen Mcbeth on several occasions walking down the fairway holding his girls hand. Does anyone else think that's really lame that a top pro is holding his girl friends hand on the course? I mean it's his job and it looks so stupid when he is holding his girls hand while he's at "work"

I just think that technique is garbage. Enough practice/skill and you can get pretty good at putting any kind of way. But to play at an elite level you need a fundamentally sound stroke, which he lacks

He's already at an elite level. I agree his putting was off a bit, but he still had a elite quality round.

He's already at an elite level. I agree his putting was off a bit, but he still had a elite quality round.

Definitely had a good round but even saw a couple putts today he missed when there were backups. I am not hating on Will because I think he is bad but want to see him win more. He is the first person I watched on youtube and is one of my favorite players and a great ambassador to the sport. Want to see him get his putting figured out and challenge Paul, Simon and Ricky even more.

So I've seen Mcbeth on several occasions walking down the fairway holding his girls hand. Does anyone else think that's really lame that a top pro is holding his girl friends hand on the course? I mean it's his job and it looks so stupid when he is holding his girls hand while he's at "work"

No.

Nit-pick much? Of all the stupidity out there, you pick a hand holding incident?

And the award for the most asinine post in the thread goes to.....

Am I the only person that recalls Scott Stokely and his obsession with McBeth from the past two months?

No you are not, but no one seems to care. Having said that, Stokely shot 65 on the final round, no one shot worse. Maybe he got tired because he's so old?

Latest posts