• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Memorial Championship- NT

I was thinking the same thing. His putting was just painful to watch. The longer he stood over it, the more you knew he was going to miss.

It sucks because he is such a cool guy and I want him to do well. But yeah every time it was 20+ out I just knew he wasn't putting it in. His putting stroke is all over the place and if he doesn't work on it I don't think he can improve much. He was "throwing" so well but his putting just wasn't there.

He's golden...just has bad rounds like everyone else. Plus it was pretty windy today, maybe putting in wind isn't his strong suit

I thought Paul had it until he missed that 25 footer. Then it was over

Hey ESPN guy!!!
Here's your Top 10 Highlight ... Big Jerm's putt on 18, followed by McBeth, then Jerm wins it on the first playoff hole!
I know its a Saturday, but make it happen!!!

The footage has been sent. They are going to review it once they see it and make the call. It's a small chance because it's a saturday...but keep your fingers crossed.

Jon from Smashboxx.TV here. Thanks to everyone who watched. I am finished with the after production stuff and just wanted to say thanks.

FYI. I am SURE Terry will address the situation after hole 18 on our podcast Tuesday night. But, with these big events you don't know if there is going to be a delay before the playoffs or not. They didn't know who else shot what. If Barsby came in with a 15, there could have been a delay. If there is a delay, then that move totally works. But because they went RIGHT into the playoff, it came off very awkward.

Live and learn.

Hope everyone dug what we did. And we look forward to whatever our next event is. Back to talking about Patrick Brown.

The DG world thanks you for bringing the memorial live! There will always be areas to improve on and that will just take time and experience. More importantly is the fact that you guys put your heart and soul into this and provide a FREE service that allows us to enjoy this great game. Thank you for all that you guys do!

More than that. His putting has been shaky

I just think that technique is garbage. Enough practice/skill and you can get pretty good at putting any kind of way. But to play at an elite level you need a fundamentally sound stroke, which he lacks

I just think that technique is garbage. Enough practice/skill and you can get pretty good at putting any kind of way. But to play at an elite level you need a fundamentally sound stroke, which he lacks

One thing that's universal across technique is smoothness. Look at the high level putters. They have a smooth single motion. Will has that awkward pop and lock thing.

This big time. He leads with his elbow and doesn't stay up and down the pole like say Paul. It's like a push putt where he bends his elbow. It just seems like way too many moving parts.

He has won 3 USDGC titles, been in the top ten in the world for several years straight. That's pretty elite if you ask me... I've seen him putt lights out with his peculiar putting hitch. Has it been clicking in the past year? Probably not to the degree he would like... What stood out to me this week was Will's forehand. I was very impressed with how he has developed it!

He has won 3 USDGC titles, been in the top ten in the world for several years straight. That's pretty elite if you ask me... I've seen him putt lights out with his peculiar putting hitch. Has it been clicking in the past year? Probably not to the degree he would like... What stood out to me this week was Will's forehand. I was very impressed with how he has developed it!

Go to youtube and watch the 2012 worlds and watch his putting then.

Will's a great player and fun to watch, I guess that's why I felt bad for him watching him putt. I hope he snaps out of his putting slump, or what ever one would call it.

I think will just has a case of putting nerves. I bet in practice he nearly never misses otherwise he would know his putting is fundamentally wrong

Maybe if Simon didn't go OB four or five times on the front nine we'd be talking about him. He still finished third though.

He has won 3 USDGC titles, been in the top ten in the world for several years straight. That's pretty elite if you ask me... I've seen him putt lights out with his peculiar putting hitch.

I should have been more clear. I meant you need a fundamentally sound stroke to PUTT at an elite level. Will putting has always been his biggest weakness. Sure he might get hot every once in a while, but even I dont miss occasionally and nobody calls me a good putter. Will is probably the best pure thrower in the game. His putting has always been a liability