• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pros and Their Manufacturers

They gave him a rebranded Yikun driver as a signature disc, duh! :doh:

No they didn't. It is a very modified mold. Because no other company starts with another disc as a base, right?

Hammer: I have no clue about Prodigy, but Innova does not pay their signature players up front for their signature discs.

JonE hurt his back while playing in the Ft. Steilacoom open and had to withdraw after one round. That threw his budget off and affected his play in Pro Worlds -- further impacting his income. I think that's where Salient stepped in with gas money.

Ugh, this just killed my interest in RDG. Sorry guys, and good luck to you, but giving money to Salient, even indirectly, is a non-starter for me.

Major bummer. I was afraid of a response like this.
I'm going to do my best to dispel any negative feelings towards this partnership because I truly do believe that it provides us with the ability to produce very high quality molds in some fantastic plastic blends.

I feel very strongly that by teaming up with both Gateway and Salient, RDG will be able to provide the best of both worlds in terms of base plastic and premium blends. Very few companies can provide players with elite blends in both classes and I believe that we are now able to do just that.

I hope you reconsider in the future once we have produced our first mold with Salient. I'd love to have your support going forward brother.

Secondly, I think Salient has made huge strides in the last 8 months or so. A lot of people on here know that I was probably the biggest Salient detractor. I got the Prometheus and thought that plastic blend was amazing, but the disc didn't live up to they hype. Tried the Cryo Antidote and again found amazing plastic with a terrible disc (it has since be re-worked and is more reliable, like an even glidier Stingray.) The Catalyst disaster was where I just quit thinking about Salient because I figured that was the nail in their coffin. Then I tried the Vein and Backdraft and started to realize that maybe they weren't total screw-ups.

You must have a lot of disposable income to continue to buy from a company after having three bad experiences. Certainly disqualifies you from being "the biggest Salient detractor." Though, I don't think Salient's reputation comes from their product quality, but instead from some of their posts on here.

You must have a lot of disposable income to continue to buy from a company after having three bad experiences. Certainly disqualifies you from being "the biggest Salient detractor." Though, I don't think Salient's reputation comes from their product quality, but instead from some of their posts on here.

I did buy the Prometheus, but the Antidote, Vein and Backdraft all came to me free of charge. I never tried one of their bags, but had a friend who was involved with the Catalyst debacle.

If the reason that the vocal minority hate Salient on here is because they made some questionable posts a year ago or more (which I made sure to call them out on at the time) I highly suggest those offended get over themselves and stop holding a grudge. Salient moved well beyond those with Scott being an outstanding ambassador for the company.

Also understand that outside of this forum, Salient really has no reputation whatsoever. That's why they initiated the Salient Squad this year, to get the word out about their brand.

But I'm done fighting over this nonsense. The people who have hate for Salient will continue to do so until they try the actual product, and those of us who like Salient molds and products will continue to do so as well. Let's move on and continue to gnash our teeth waiting for Nikko to make the announcement we are all expecting...

Major bummer. I was afraid of a response like this.
I'm going to do my best to dispel any negative feelings towards this partnership because I truly do believe that it provides us with the ability to produce very high quality molds in some fantastic plastic blends.

I feel very strongly that by teaming up with both Gateway and Salient, RDG will be able to provide the best of both worlds in terms of base plastic and premium blends. Very few companies can provide players with elite blends in both classes and I believe that we are now able to do just that.

I hope you reconsider in the future once we have produced our first mold with Salient. I'd love to have your support going forward brother.

The way that Mr. Kilgus continues to treat customers and other brands on facebook is a big negative for me.

Instead of trying to make things right, he just blocks his detractors, bashes other brands in reviews or treats people like they're insignificant.

Salient's poor customer service has made its way to facebook. No matter how great Scott is, he can only clean up the mess if the puppy stops making them. Otherwise, he'll never catch up.

I guess they are like kind of bf and gf, but they haven't made it Facebook official yet.
Probably because Ricky isn't exclusive yet, he's still messing around with old flings.

Also understand that outside of this forum, Salient really has no reputation whatsoever. That's why they initiated the Salient Squad this year, to get the word out about their brand.

You must live under a rock. Salient's reputation extends far beyond this forum. Check out Facebook if you require evidence of this.

You must live under a rock. Salient's reputation extends far beyond this forum. Check out Facebook if you require evidence of this.

I gleaned from some of the Facebook stuff that they pissed off lots of folks in their own dg community.

Speaking of Facebook complaints; someone (that is a member of their "Squad") just now posted in the feedback group a complaint about them. Even their own team members, who paid to be on the team, have issues.

I don't go on Facebook for several reasons, one being that "discussions" on there are often at the same level as youtube comments. I don't know anything of Salient's history other than they had a bag and a disc that didn't live up to expectations. Having recently bought an Ember, I am very pleased with the product, and they were exceedingly prompt and helpful in answering any questions I had. The few times I've seen kilgus post on here, he hasn't said anything out of line, especially considering amount of vocal criticism there seems to be.

Latest posts